Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

So it's said now that Bloodlines won't use any work done by MCA. Dunno if it was decided already before, or just triggered by the recent news, but they felt the need to announce that at least.

What did I miss?

I started paying attention to the man when he promised to play Arcanum. I stopped paying attention when he didn't finish the playthrough.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Lots of derailment that followed has been split off to another topic. Lets stay on discussions about the game in this thread.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Lexx said:

So it's said now that Bloodlines won't use any work done by MCA.

No really. Just seems like they didn’t have any direct contributions anyway:

"Chris Avellone briefly worked with the Bloodlines 2 writing team early in the development of the game," a representative said. "Through an iterative creative process, however, none of his contributions remain in the game that Hardsuit Labs is continuing to develop."

But then why mention it in the first place? Looks to me like attention-seeking. Heck, until yesterday I didn't even know he was somewhat involved at some point.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

But then why mention it in the first place? Looks to me like attention-seeking. Heck, until yesterday I didn't even know he was somewhat involved at some point.

Given recent events most studios who worked with Chris are releasing statements about what they plan to do with his contributions and since, at the time it was announced, the community was kinda hyped about Chris being involved in Bloodlines 2 it makes sense that Paradox/Hardsuit Labs would want to say something.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

first time hearing about this. Which thread is this being discussed? I just like to see some outtakes 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

8 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Which thread is this being discussed? I just like to see some outtakes 

It didn't last for long and there weren't many replies before it got locked.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

ah thanks, so another big nothingburger. As I don't want to derail this thread I will keep my comment on this and we can move on. Thanks Gfted

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 1 month later...

I'm really curious what is going on behind the scenes with this game since it was originally supposed to come out last year then repeatedly delayed into next next year. I know there were some complaints that the graphics on level 3 needed some tightening up and I understand COVID may have slowed things, but still. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

On 8/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, ShadySands said:

EfHiBV8WsAExDVR?format=jpg&name=large

Didn't mean to post this in two places, I always forget this thread exists when it drops off the first page.

This is prudent, I dont  mind waiting another 6-8 months if the success of the  overall gaming experience requires it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Depends on the type bugs/game. Rather have a game full of minor bugs and ambition than a soulless but otherwise polished one. Somewhat seems like the company doesn't get what made the original so good. Wouldn't be surprised if they're taking time to rewrite parts to include today's shenanigans in Seattle, and or pandemic...

My guess would be they took the numerous jank complaints to heart.
The original release date was a vague end of 2019, right? Makes you wonder why they thought the game would be in a state to ship at that point. I think that was their original contractual ship date and they managed to get extensions.

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I don't care about the delay so much as I'm really curious as to what is going on behind the scenes

tenor.gif?itemid=10973398

• Haha 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 8/16/2020 at 4:22 AM, ShadySands said:

I don't care about the delay so much as I'm really curious as to what is going on behind the scenes

A complete rewrite of the game perhaps? :o

Lead Narrative Designer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer part of the team at Hardsuit Labs. This was a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive.

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/an-update-on-the-organizational-changes-for-bloodlines-2

EDIT: Statement from Mitsoda provided to RPS here.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Hmmm 2
  • Gasp! 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G