Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

Yeah, have to agree, other than the real world setting, it just doesn't feel like the same game so far. It doesn't help that some of the press releases miss the mark entirely, promo material so disconnected I stopped looking at them, and Mitsoda himself has been pretty critical of the first game, but that could just be the cynical artist with plenty more stories left to flesh out, one would hope.

Eh, as a player I find the Malkavian PC hilarious, but I can picture ten years later a writer looking at his stripper/pimp gear clad whackjob character and wondering what he was thinking. Especially with the twitter mobs and internet pitchforks we have nowadays.

Still, I'm neutral-to-positive towards the game, we'll see how things are once reviews start coming out.

3 hours ago, Oner said:

Eh, as a player I find the Malkavian PC hilarious, but I can picture ten years later a writer looking at his stripper/pimp gear clad whackjob character and wondering what he was thinking. Especially with the twitter mobs and internet pitchforks we have nowadays.

Still, I'm neutral-to-positive towards the game, we'll see how things are once reviews start coming out.

The male costumes for Malk PC were prescient, shirtless for the beach, pest exterminator for Downtown plague, sewer worker for the LA sewers and party boy for the Giovanni party. It's one of those attention to detail things that I love about that game.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

God damnit, I never even realized that, and I only play Malkavian when I replay it. Guess it's because I never really liked the outfits, so I never bothered with them at all.

/Edit: Or because I always play female vampires, because... reasons.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 5/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, melkathi said:

That is Mitsoda in general though. I don't think he likes anything he worked on.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "cynical".

Anyway, I barely look at gaming news/trailers really anymore. Do trailers hardly ever represent the actual game experience? 

• 1 month later...

Collector's edition details drop = release date is soon?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

well i love the old music. Damsel was least interesting character for me. gimme V anytime!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

My second reaction to the Damsel trailer was: are pre-orders not doing well enough that they need this trailer to get fans of the original interested?

My first reaction to this trailer was "Should I cancel my pre-order?"

• Haha 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I dunno man. Isn't that kind of campiness part of the charm of these games? It's not like we liked Bloodlines because it had such a high production value. Or just look at Deus Ex - ain't exactly AAAA+ either.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So it's said now that Bloodlines won't use any work done by MCA. Dunno if it was decided already before, or just triggered by the recent news, but they felt the need to announce that at least.