Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

Did anything change or are you finding about this just now? I'm fairly certain I saw the different editions back when the game was first made available for preorder.

Season passes are fundamentally no different from preorders, unless you believe that they are cutting content from the base game to resell later as DLC. That hasn't been PDX's MO... but then I haven't played their latest games, and what I've read about Imperator isn't good.

Not that waiting for a goty/ultimate edition isn't a wise choice twelve times out of ten, but I don't think PDX does that either. I'd expect, at best, that expacs and DLCs will be on sale individually at some point.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall had no cut content. It has a season pass. But everything shows the game will get content the same way Age of Wonders 3 did before Paradox. The only difference being that Paradox guaranteed Triumph the funds to guarantee the extra content down the road, where before it was depended on sales.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

5 hours ago, 213374U said:

Did anything change or are you finding about this just now? I'm fairly certain I saw the different editions back when the game was first made available for preorder.

Pretty sure it's the latter as I grabbed the one with the season pass as soon as it went up for preorder

Free games updated 3/4/21

On 10/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, 213374U said:

Who are you talking about? Lily? Again, it's a systems problem rather than a deliberate tone setting. In PnP, a starving vampire is not a joke because if they frenzy, they are going to make a mess and possibly **** you up if you are in their way. Vampires going on a frenzy in game aren't much of an issue because, well... nothing is? I'm not even sure NPC vampires can frenzy.

Point rather, I want this thing to hit me with some absurdity and fun. From the looks, Outer Worlds seems to be that game, while Bloodlines 2 could be taking itself too seriously. Maybe Boyarsky and Cain had more influence in the first game than let on, either way, I care less about systems here except for replay with multiple pathways, etc.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:32 PM, Blodhemn said:

Point rather, I want this thing to hit me with some absurdity and fun. From the looks, Outer Worlds seems to be that game, while Bloodlines 2 could be taking itself too seriously. Maybe Boyarsky and Cain had more influence in the first game than let on, either way, I care less about systems here except for replay with multiple pathways, etc.

It is rather interesting that Cain & Boyarsky's dream game is releasing around the same time as Bloodlines 2. It will be interesting to compare the two and contrast against previous generations of these sorts of games. I somewhat get the sense that Bloodlines 2 is going to be the more stilted game combat wise of the two, but it's showing strong signs that it will be delving deep into lore including the exploration of the more modern 5e setting. Whether all of that translates into the logic of a game I think is the big question.

can but don't have pleasure of it, except Toreadors, IIRC

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I think I read somewhere that they can have sex but that drinking blood is the most pleasurable thing they can do so it isn't worth the effort as I think it takes an ability to do so. I'm not an expert on V:tM though and just came across this while trying to see how we'd go from a thinblood to fully having a clan ...and if vampires can have sex :brows:

They can have sex, but they don't have bodily fluids as such. Those would get replaced by blood (similar to how vampires don't have tears). So world of darkness theorists have been theorising that the sex act would result in the vampire losing blood (hence the burn a blood pool to do it thing).

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Delayed until later in 2020

To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

For the last three and a half years, we’ve worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you’ve been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window. 

There are some things we wanted to hit under all circumstances when we set out to follow in Bloodlines’ footsteps: A deep, branching storyline; fascinating and amazingly acted characters; the rich universe of the World of Darkness. We firmly believe that we’re on the right track to get you all of this.

On the flip side, there’s the responsibility to avoid some of the issues that plagued the first game, which was famously launched too early. Over the last few months, it became clear that to stick to our original date would risk repeating that mistake. We won’t do that. In the end, everyone working on this game wants to offer you the best Bloodlines 2 we can.

This hasn’t been an easy- nor our first choice. Throughout 2019 we have been improving our processes and growing our teams, however it soon became clear that this alone won’t allow us to deliver the quality we want at the date we promised. 

Your feedback was invaluable in this. It helped us give the proper weight to what we saw, as well. We’d like to thank you, and hope you’ll support us in the decision that came from it. 

Many of us from Hardsuit Labs will be in Berlin for PDXCON. For those of you going, we look forward to seeing you there! We will be sharing insights into the development of Bloodlines 2 along with other steps we’ve taken to strengthen our development team  to realize our ambitions for Bloodlines 2.

For those of you who won’t be there, we will be sharing more about this during the PDXCON Announcement stream on Saturday the 19th. We are also opening up a Reddit thread to answer any of your questions in the Bloodlines stream on the following Sunday. 

Thanks,

Andy Kipling and Brian Mitsoda, on behalf of the team at Hardsuit Labs

Edited by ShadySands

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the price tag is a bit high for a visual novel.

Checked reviews and apparently Coteries is 4-6 hours long. A bit too pricey for my liking.

Edited by melkathi
edited the typo preserved for eternity in the_dog_days' quote

13 hours ago, melkathi said:

Checked reviews and apparently Coteries is 4-6 hours long. A bit too pricey for my liking.

Isn't it supposed to be replayable? I know most good visual novels are, but those usually have several differing paths rather than choice & consequence. Which is what I'd expect from a VtM visual novel. If I knew anything about it because it had a marketing budget. Who'd skip that, amirite?