Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

The darkest part in bloodlines was your ghoul. You saved her, and if you didn't drive her away, your character may not have been penalized in-game for it, but her story, even the silly bits, would leave a mark on your soul as a player.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Am I only one who remember that part about snuff?? films with monsters raping and killing women?

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I still believe though there is a 10th circle in hell, reserved for people who got the best armour in Bloodlines.

I also believe we'll be sitting around there, with marelooke blaming me for getting him to buy games, and others complaining that keyrock posts screenshots of weird indy games nobody else knows the names for.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

53 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I still believe though there is a 10th circle in hell, reserved for people who got the best armour in Bloodlines.

Come on guys. You save a girls life and she gives you gifts. What's wrong with that?😋

Besides the unofficial patch:

Spoiler

Lets you save her and buy the best armor from sellers

166215__front.jpg

57 minutes ago, melkathi said:

and others complaining that keyrock posts screenshots of weird indy games nobody else knows the names for.

I've been failing to live up to my gimmick as of late, I blame The Witcher 3 (no point in posting screenies of that, I'm sure everyone has seen hundreds by now). I've been trying to make up for it by posting videos for upcoming indie games nobody else knows the names for. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 hours ago, injurai said:

OG Deus Ex is practically a comedy / campy action flick of a game in hindsight.

OG Deus Ex was definitely a campy game in 2000, though maybe not 'action' in the Doom/ Quake sense. It referenced every conspiracy theory under the sun, and its dialogue was (presumably intentionally) even more stilted and stylised* than the SW prequels, and it was extremely difficult to take the story seriously, and the voice acting is notoriously 'bad' in such a way it must have intentional. That's largely what makes it memorable though of course; if Gunther's vending machine complaints or JC noticing an explosive device or Simons & Page having a discussion about their world spanning conspiracy in a building lobby were objectively well written or voice by normal sounding people they wouldn't be anywhere near as memorable.

*'stylised' is probably the best description for VtMB actually.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Redacted, wrong thread, sorry, ha.

You were anseling (or whatever it is called what you do with your screenshots) Final Fantasy in the vampire discussion? 😛

Edited by melkathi

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

You were anseling (or whatever it is called what you do with your screenshots) Final Fantasy in the vampire discussion? 😛

Not this time ... but I'm sure I've posted in the wrong thread doing that before, too. 😊

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Am I only one who remember that part about snuff?? films with monsters raping and killing women?

The vampire cult that was using prostitutes and the homeless to spread a deadly plague in the second largest US city?

The woman who developed MPD as a result of sexual abuse at the hands of her father?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

16 hours ago, 213374U said:

Personal horror is a central thematic element of VtM. Andrei's comments in his mansion are the most direct in-game references to this, but not the only ones. That doesn't necessarily exclude the odd pop culture reference or instances of dark humor, but I wouldn't go as far as calling Bloodlines "caricaturized".

Of course it was exceedingly easy to go through the game as a 10-humanity saint, but that was more a design shortcoming than a result of the game's tone. So I'm hoping they double down on the "you're a monster" thing this time around, because that's what sets the VtM setting apart. Otherwise it's just your average urban power fantasy with a side order of over the top "machiavellian" politics.

If you're looking at it in terms of overarching narrative, sure. That's not what kept it interesting or unique from quest to quest though. WoD itself is pretty cringe.

8 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

*'stylised' is probably the best description for VtMB actually.

There are so many stereotypes with dialogues specifically written and voiced for cops, cashiers, surfer dudes, manics, street peddlers, to name a few, the world pretty much is brought to life in a caricature sort of way.

6 hours ago, Blodhemn said:

If you're looking at it in terms of overarching narrative, sure. That's not what kept it interesting or unique from quest to quest though. WoD itself is pretty cringe.

There are so many stereotypes with dialogues specifically written and voiced for cops, cashiers, surfer dudes, manics, street peddlers, to name a few, the world pretty much is brought to life in a caricature sort of way.

Are you telling me that Fat Larry or officer Chunk weren't serious characters? :o

14 hours ago, marelooke said:

Are you telling me that Fat Larry or officer Chunk weren't serious characters? :o

Heh, yeah, about as real as those fanged up characters that have the shakes for blood. I don't see what is wrong with that brand of storytelling - seems people/designers today turn their noses up at fun.

Chuck was comedic relief but Fat Larry never seemed to me as caricature on purpose, to each his own I guess

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

14 hours ago, Blodhemn said:

Heh, yeah, about as real as those fanged up characters that have the shakes for blood.

Who are you talking about? Lily? Again, it's a systems problem rather than a deliberate tone setting. In PnP, a starving vampire is not a joke because if they frenzy, they are going to make a mess and possibly **** you up if you are in their way. Vampires going on a frenzy in game aren't much of an issue because, well... nothing is? I'm not even sure NPC vampires can frenzy.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ah cmon Paradox, they already have story packs and season pass in mind, I mean if they butcher strategy game I can deal with it as it have a lot of replay value, but RPG delivered in 15 pieces? I will have to wait for some complete edition :(

https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2_blood_moon_edition

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Haha 1