Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

WoW did it too. I can't remember but I think The Secret World was trying to do a 3 faction split, I never played that one. But yeah MMOs. Which benefit from real people helping to generate a lot of the interactive content, it's a lot harder when everything is bespoke.

Yeah content wise it doesn't make much sense, usually the deeper agency is found within a nice, otherwise you make a big defining choice once then end up stuck with your decision. Versus a lot of noodling control within a specified framework.

Edited by injurai

21 hours ago, injurai said:

Anyone think they'd allow players to join a Sabbat clan? Or maybe Followers of Set?

Don't know about Setites (I think they have more potential as NPCs anyway), but the website says you begin the game as one of many victims in a mass embrace -- which is a signature Sabbat move.

Doesn't necessarily mean you'll get to join the Sabbat, of course, much like you didn't as much "join" the Camarilla as simply were press-ganged into service by Lacroix in the first game. But the current story setup probably means they aren't closing the door to allowing Sabbat clans at creation.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A preview stream mentioned stuff like not being reflected by mirrors -personally I glossed over that part and frankly I'm too lazy to rewatch it for just that bit - but it lead to people speculating about Lasombra being playable, but we'll see in a few weeks anyway. In general the previews drop some tidbits about the game already. The clan weakness of the Treme, disciplines being designed around covering at least two of the Fight-Sneak-Talk trinity, etc

Also Geek & Sundry has a V5 game running that might tie people over till Bloodlines 2 drops. I'm enjoying it, it's a fun watch/listen.

• Like 2

what a coincidence, I watched thatGeek n Sundry few weeks ago

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

wow, didn't expected those, i thought it will be ventrue

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Will be interested to see what they do with the tories. Somehow they seem to be the clan designers have the most trouble with to make interesting as a choice - they aren't emo-bashy like the Brujha, they are beaten in poshness by Ventrue and Lasombra, they aren't magicky like the Tremere, or sick like the Tzimizche. They aren't furry like the Gangrel. And they don't allow for absurd humour like the malks. They have style. And giving a player something so intangible is hard to pull off.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

they were actually my favourite clan but that posh nature ruined that to me

Tories are the stupid sexy vampires. Also aren't they supposed to be the "face" of the masquerade itself. I think they could be really great for role-playing your way through the game against humans. All whilst being stupid sexy.

They absolutely will, they are a fan favorite. They just might be DLC. Everyone recommends to not play them your first time through, so it's easy to push them back as free DLC.

I'm skeptical about Lasombra though I really want a Sabbat clan. Nosferatu seem rather likely to be included imo. Already some Gangrel powers got put into thinblood so I think they are definitely not going to be playable.

As much as I like Gangrel I dont think they will be in core game. Don't fit that much into city

3 hours ago, LittleArmadillo0 said:

I think that for the next two clans it will be Ventrue and Lasombra based on the background images on the website. I'd really like play Malkavian but I'm very skeptical they will be a playable clan.

Are you talking about the backgrounds for the "Coming soon" clans. One looks all business. Probably Ventrue. The other looks like an industrial corridor or a building, I'd wager Nosferatu.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, LittleArmadillo0 said:

Nice, hot Vampire women and Vampire seduction..games getting better and better :sweat: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, injurai said:

Are you talking about the backgrounds for the "Coming soon" clans. One looks all business. Probably Ventrue. The other looks like an industrial corridor or a building, I'd wager Nosferatu.

Yes I am talking about the ones for the "coming soon" section. Nosferatu is a possibility for the last clan but I think that the developers will choose a clan that wasn't in the previous game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleArmadillo0 said:

a clan that wasn't in the previous game.

There's one already, thinbloods. As for the blanks, my guess would be Ventrue and Nosferatu too, although I'd take Malks over yuppies any day.

Sigh. So, so hard to not get hyped about this game. :( 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:23 AM, injurai said:

The clans all have dedicated pages in case yous peeps didn't know https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/thinblood

Yeah, they all seem pretty awesome. This may be one hell of a game. Immsims are my favorite genre, so I'm super ****ing stocked whenever one comes around.

I love that genre too. This is boding very well for some nocturnal sanguine extraction ex-sepulchre, as it were.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***