Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Thinbloods seem to have a lot of strong powers. Telekinesis doesn't look very bottom of the food chain.

Yeah. Mentalism • • • • • sounds crazy broken, but it *is* a five-dot application of a discipline. In any case, that would only deal bashing damage to a vampire, which seriously limits how much hurt you can put on someone who is an actual threat as opposed to just mortals.

The main mechanical disadvantage of thin bloods is their reduced ability to store and burn blood. I don't expect them to faithfully represent this, as it was also ignored in Bloodlines 1 where, going by your blood pool, you were like 8th gen or something. For reference, canonically, Jack is 10th.

I'm not against this on principle, as adapting p&p rulesets to computer games 1:1 doesn't work well in general. Hopefully the main drawbacks of being a Thinblood will be presented narratively rather than as straight ruleset penalties that everyone hates.

Edited by 213374U
:3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, marelooke said:

Since Thin Bloods are counted as a clan that means there's another clan from VtMB that won't make the cut for initial release. Alas.

They're not counted as a clan according to the Paradox forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleAmadillo0 said:

I hope that you can commit Diablerie. It would boring if you just stayed a thin-blood from start to finish.

Heh, if you thought that Bloodlines Malkavs were a bit off, just wait until you diablerize a few Vamps.

I wonder how one would handle those sides of Diablerie in a game?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm very, very excited by this. Particularly the fact that the guy who is writing Bloodlines 2 is the same guy who was designer and lead writing on the original; that gives me some hope that we might get the same quality of storyline, atmosphere, and characters which, let's be honest, were and are the main draws to the original Bloodlines; the combat was *crap* lmao

one of the better clans, Brujah are so boring :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well it's only expected. They're mages, you cannot have a game like that without mages. I wonder what other clans they're going to include. Malks, absolutely, people would not understand if they left out Malks. Nosferatu likely, for the Rogue part in Fighter (Brujah) Mage (Tremere) Rogue trinity. A smooth talker v. likely, either Toreador or Ventrue but since they overlap a little one can get axed in favour of, I dunno, some Sabbat clan or another? Sigh. Every day it's harder and harder for me to resist getting hyped about this game. :mellow:

I would expect tories to be easier axed than Ventrues.

Lore wise Gangrel could be axed, since they secluded themselves.

Still waiting for a game that will let me play Ravnos.

It would be funny if they axed some prominent clan for something really obscure and rare like a True Brujha 😛

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I think they will not invlude Malks at start, its too much work especially if they include nosies from start. And I think Nosferatu are granted, i think from that trailer the protagonist was chasing someone who looked kinda like Nosferatu

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'd guess Giovanni, Tzimisce or Lasombra. Because cool powers mostly, which seems to be something they are emphasizing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Doubt Tzimisce, too hard to do, they can basically do whatever they want with flesh, also too close to Tremere already

Anyone think they'd allow players to join a Sabbat clan? Or maybe Followers of Set?

Some clans seem a little too useful as antagonist factions to not be used that way.

Edited by injurai

I find games have been shying away from too much true player agency. If they allow both Camarilla and Sabbat characters, and not just the level of choices from the original Bloodlines, they would need to create twice the content really, as neither the npcs nor locations could properly overlap.  An indy dev may do that and have a project that takes years to even get into Early Access. A triple A title which wants to amaze us with snazzy effects? I doubt it.

The multiple origins in Dragon Age: Origins are probably the most different content we'll ever see in a "big" RPG.

Old Republic is the one RPG that did anything like that and it is an MMO. If they had only brought that out as a series of stand alone, single player RPGs with one game per character. It could have been wonderful.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).