Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

It sounds interesting but I don't understand why they have to add more clans via updates instead of delivering the game in one package.

*cough* Paradox *cough*

Release a few free content packs to gather interest, monetize future ones.

Edit: I'm perfectly fine with this tactic in other Paradox titles where it acts more like expansions to a board game, since those are pretty much entirely mechanics-driven. Doesn't sit well with me in a story-driven game.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Yeah, I also don't like how they integrated the dlcs into the main game with Pillars of Eternity. That made the vanilla game feel like an incomplete experience.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I also was waiting for this so long.

The developer is a mystery, and it could be hard for them to meet expectacions (so high).

Does anyone can name studio which make good/great game at first shot, and it was something bigger?

Maybe they are refugees from Bioware or something.

However if PDX will keep pumping games from WoD from different studios, at some point one will be good.

I thought Owlcat did a good job in their first outing because even though the game was super buggy it was a lot of fun. I think maybe they went with a dev with a shooter background to make sure the gunplay/combat is solid and they've brought in both Mitsoda and Avellone which makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the story.

I've already drank the Kool-Aide and put 90 quatloos on the highest edition. Just an FYI so you know my bias

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well,before I could actually see the true gameplay,I would hardly say OLE !

But still the name made me bit blood-boiled.

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

Does anyone can name studio which make good/great game at first shot, and it was something bigger?

CD Project Red?

CD Projekt RED.

Sorry, had to.

As for Bloodlines 2 - I'm not big on pre-ordering myself, but for this I just had to make an exception. Same will be done with Cyberpunk 2077 the very moment pre-orders go live.

Also: Available on ALL the distribution platforms (including the despicable one) which on its own can't be praised enough. Paradox fortunately also seems not as easily bribed as other certain publishers, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

$90 for the Blood Moon Edition is "a bit" steep but then again absolutely worth it if it's guaranteed DRM-free by pre-purchasing on GOG.

Edited by desel

Mitsoda and Avellone have me excited for this.

That trailer absolutely does not.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It sounds interesting but I don't understand why they have to add more clans via updates instead of delivering the game in one package.

*cough* Paradox *cough*

Edit: I'm perfectly fine with this tactic in other Paradox titles where it acts more like expansions to a board game, since those are pretty much entirely mechanics-driven. Doesn't sit well with me in a story-driven game.

According to Eurogamer though these clan updates will be free. Not that adding clans in bit by bit is a great idea regardless...

*cough* Paradox *cough*

Still better than loot boxes and microtransactions.

• Like 1

My first impression is that this will be more action-y and less role player-y. Which is fine, I guess.

To be fair the Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailers looked like that too and it thankfully wasn't the case. Also, Bloodlines was pretty action heavy in the last half anyway.

Edited by Serrano