What you did today?

Gorth

Pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition. First time that I really preorder something, and first time I buy a real Collectors Edition.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Mow the lawn/jury duty they both important, patriotic  and mandatory duties required for stability of state and general peace at home with the wife and or partner 

Shady you dont want to be " one of those people  "  with an untidy lawn 🤨

I honestly don't really care. I'm planning on looking into a service or some local kids to farm that work out to.

I would get some of those roomba lawnmowers if they weren't so pricey. Maybe I'll spring for a riding lawnmower one of these days. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

The trailer was gorgeous but if you guys rigs cant handle it, mine would burst into flame. Now the VtMBL2 trailer? It already gave me vertigo! :lol:

To be honest, I wanted to preorder it last year already, but what really brought me over was their secret message. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

oev6o2ppwp331.jpg

In the E3 trailer there was an adress, username and password that gave you access to a dropbox with this file and a couple of other things inside it. I heard someone uploaded it to an open dropbox somewhere but I don't have time to go looking for it, heading to work in a minute. :(

hold the horn ... in six months Gromnir retired, Shady has a lawn and Hurl is a professional amateur cyclist ... if Bruce has given up cheese or GD said goodbye to Kentucky's finest I will turn this car around

orientation at the college tomorrow, even though we've been there two years part-time ... this prospect of full-time is a rare and welcome fundamental attitude adjustment

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Been walking home from work, is only 2 miles so takes about 38 minutes or so but more importantly I save $3.10 on transit fare!  Still freaking people out when I walk behind them though, I suspect it is because I am breathing noisily

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, injurai said:

Aren't the two terms orthogonal?

The comparison of "Hobbyist Amateur" , "Geek Amateur", "Zealot Amateur", and "Professional Amateur"...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

19 hours ago, ManifestedISO said:

hold the horn ... in six months Gromnir retired, Shady has a lawn and Hurl is a professional amateur cyclist ... if Bruce has given up cheese or GD said goodbye to Kentucky's finest I will turn this car around

orientation at the college tomorrow, even though we've been there two years part-time ... this prospect of full-time is a rare and welcome fundamental attitude adjustment

Dont worry, somethings stay the same. Not only have I not given up cheese but I have moved to Cape Town which means I get to eat more cheese AND  drink/learn about complimentary food  wines that are produced on the various Wines Farms 🧀 🍾

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I get to eat more cheese AND  drink/learn about complimentary food  wines that are produced on the various Wines Farms 🧀 🍾

As good a motivation as any :grin:

Edit: I wonder if my friends will buy it if I try to pass the complimentary wine off as complimentary "food"? I used to buy both South African and Chilean/Argentinian wines before I left Europe.

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

23 minutes ago, Gorth said:

As good a motivation as any :grin:

Edit: I wonder if my friends will buy it if I try to pass the complimentary wine off as complimentary "food"? I used to buy both South African and Chilean/Argentinian wines before I left Europe.

I can make  a compelling argument that wine with food/cheese is a type of the structure of the overall meal. I have noticed what is unusual in CPT compared to JHB is that many restaurants offer set 2 and 3 course meals, you have some choices but not a full menu option, for a very reasonable price ..and wine is often included as the " wine pairing " option. So its mandatory ( of course you can chose not to take the wine pairing for an even cheaper price but we dont need to tell your friends that :grin: ) When you make the point position it as  a "   gastronomic and inclusive eating out evolution "   ...Gorthfuscious, you know it makes sense  🍷

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

it's now the second time I've spent the better part of a day with a complete stranger in civilian clothes who turned out to be a chief warrant officer ... the first was on a plane from Salt Lake to SD -- then today at orientation, one of our group served twenty-two years and retired CWO-3 ... didn't get a chance to ask his specialty but we spoke briefly about inroads female Marines have earned

there is no god but our dumb luck to work at a place with the highest outreach to veterans in the state makes us believe in her

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

6 hours ago, ManifestedISO said:

it's now the second time I've spent the better part of a day with a complete stranger in civilian clothes who turned out to be a chief warrant officer ... the first was on a plane from Salt Lake to SD -- then today at orientation, one of our group served twenty-two years and retired CWO-3 ... didn't get a chance to ask his specialty but we spoke briefly about inroads female Marines have earned

there :0is no god but our dumb luck to work at a place with the highest outreach to veterans in the state makes us believe in her

Hi Mani :)

Nice to hear from you again, what will you be doing at the college. You mentioned its full time work now ?

• Like 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Hi Mani :)

Nice to hear from you again, what will you be doing at the college. You mentioned its full time work now ?

"do any of you people know who charles whitman was?"

manifested is an ex-marine, so let us hope the school remembers to treat him well, or at least pray they don't have a belltower.

HA! Good Fun!

ps "ex-marine" might be wrong. am suspecting that much like catholic priests, regardless o' whether you retire or leave the order, you is always a marine. once you take vows and receive the sacrament, there is no going back to your previous life.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Former Marine" is the right term I think.  US Marines really are a cult, aren't they 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have always lived in the suburbs, in CPT I am living for the first time in the city. One of my customers is in the CBD and today I decided to walk to there offices. It was great and a very unusual experience not driving. I got to see early morning life and lots of people who were going about there business. The distance is about 1.5 miles one way so its additional exercise outside of gym and I will definitely do it again ☀️

John Milton 

When you're off the PC so long you feel like you've forgotten how to use it. Makes me wonder what I need it for, too. The big-name game once every couple years I guess. :P

Still playing tablet/mobile games, 3 or 4 I bounce around from daily, idle quest/collection ones. I may have "tablet pinky" (the finger I use to support it on the bottom). 1 pound is a bit heavy for an aging pinky I guess. Pfft.

Summer means hubby goes from garage to the garden. Lots of tomatoes, jalapeno's, oregano, melons, cilantro this year. When he wears his straw hat I'm still reminded of S. King's story Secret Window, Secret Garden and wonder if he's going to murder me and bury me under the garden.

My vision gets steadily worse - not in a blind way, just where the distance where vision is great seems to get both shorter and longer (since I'm bifocal-land). It's really annoying, is all. Reading. computing, cameras, etc. all become more and more of a PITA.

But at least I get to sit around with cold drinks/munchies out in the shade and play games on a tablet all day. So there's that. Ha.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

17 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

When you're off the PC so long you feel like you've forgotten how to use it. Makes me wonder what I need it for, too. The big-name game once every couple years I guess. 😛

100% of my gaming is done on mobile now but I still use a PC daily for work and surfing.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, Malcador said:

"Former Marine" is the right term I think.  US Marines really are a cult, aren't they 😛

:lol: Totally!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I retained a lawyer a few years ago to represent me in some recent real estate deals. One of those deals got me a letter from the IRS this week. So my lawyer tells me I need a different lawyer to deal with that. He was the one who advised me on capital gains deferment. No offense to Gromnir, Enoch, & Nep but dammit Shakespeare was right!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell