What you did today?

Gorth

24 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

after swearing like a port worker

had a moment. why would a port worker be particularly sweary?

dock worker or longshoreman here in the states. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today I cut the grass, raked out the chicken pen, put new hay in the hen house, turned the garden, washed the truck all while listening to the Rays beat the Red Sox. Tonight the pups are getting a bath and I'm catching the other half of the Rays/Red Sox double header on the radio. All while enjoying several glasses of Kentucky's finest. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is GD retired now too! *sigh* Ffs, I still have like 18 years to go. ;(

Went fishing yesterday and despite being still near flood conditions the fish are finally starting to bite again. Dude who owns the bait shop recommended switching from minnows to nightcrawlers and that did the trick. My buddy caught the smallest catfish Ive ever seen landed on a hook. It was about the 7" long and full of fury. :lol: 

• Like 1

I'm not. I was just on vacation last week.  Melk has me confused with Gromnir I think. My retirement is set as long as I retire at or after 60. The earlier I do it though the earlier I'll have to die.  Or take up bank robbery or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

45 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Is GD retired now too! *sigh* Ffs, I still have like 18 years to go. ;(

Went fishing yesterday and despite being still near flood conditions the fish are finally starting to bite again. Dude who owns the bait shop recommended switching from minnows to nightcrawlers and that did the trick. My buddy caught the smallest catfish Ive ever seen landed on a hook. It was about the 7" long and full of fury. :lol: 

Nightcrawlers are never the wrong answer. Unless you are going in saltwater. Then something at will live longer than 10 seconds in salt water might be better choice. 

Thomas Sowell

Escaping from Alcatraz was amazing. They loaded 2000 of us onto a massive ferry, then we all jumped off and swam across the bay. It was cold and a bit terrifying, but we swam with the current and simply flew through the mile and a half. Seriously, my swim times were close to twice as fast as I can manage in the pool, which was great because I was going to struggle if I was in that water longer than the 39 minutes it took to make the swim. 

After that the bike was a breeze. It was 80 degrees and sunny in SF already, which is rare, and I got my feeling back in my feet and hit the hills hard. I really enjoyed the 18 mile bike, I was passing people and posted a very good time. The run was also a blast, as I felt stronger as it went on and was pushing hard right until the last of the 8 miles. After struggling in my last race, it felt great to have a strong one in SF. We ended up getting some Italian food in North Beach to cap off a very good day.

62156010_10216500830205711_8203558505123

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I'm not. I was just on vacation last week.  Melk has me confused with Gromnir I think. My retirement is set as long as I retire at or after 60. The earlier I do it though the earlier I'll have to die.  Or take up bank robbery or something. 

Yeah. Your non-retirement sounds a lot like Gromnir's retirement 😄

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Went for a walk last week, saw a couple of swans crossing a river. Except one of them's a dog. :p

PDz4ZgB.jpg

Edited by majestic
Weirdo copy/past thing.
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

13 hours ago, melkathi said:

Yeah. Your non-retirement sounds a lot like Gromnir's retirement 😄

we wish.

for the past couple years we kinda put off a few business and home improvement projects figuring we would get to 'em once we retired. *chuckle* am knowing is serious first world problem, but we got a golf course lot, and it were only until a week after we retired that we noticed we have maybe five total feet o' space along back fence which affords us a golf course view. have let things grow a bit outta control, and landscaping is way down the list after repair/replace wood suffering dry rot and painting o' house as well as dealing with that f'ing pool table and bank o' america nonsense and...

plan is that by thanksgiving our retirement may approach gd normal.

and congrats to tn. doing something useful with your life which helps others. remember to take care o' yourself though.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Keep right on interviewing. Got called out of the blue about running a refurbished tool store. May do it, am unsure.

Our newer cat got bathed yesterday and likes being cleaner. My older cat is fearing for his life because he's next.

• Like 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That blackmail prank I played on the theatre got shared by one of the actors on social media. He got over 200 retweets on it, which for a small country and minor language is quite a bit. So a website picked it up as a random story.

Spend all of Sunday with friends telling me where they saw my letter pop up. Which was touching.

Of course once it got to that level, an acquaintance ran onto Twitter to say that he knew who "the neighbour" was.

I don't mind them knowing, but am a bit annoyed; it wasn't his place, not his prank. It turns out the actors and I have quite a few common friends and acquaintances (heck, my dad for example) and all of them were keeping quiet and having a giggle.

Oh, well, now to come up with something else to do...

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 6/6/2019 at 2:42 AM, BruceVC said:

Tomorrow Im going to this golf and wine estate for a work conference, its looks amazing.

I worry about my love of red wine... I completely read that as cork conference :blush:

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

I worry about my love of red wine... I completely read that as cork conference :blush:

Since I moved to Cape Town I have started getting into drinking red wine, Im a neophyte but Im learning a lot 

Its very social here particularly around lunches and outings to all the wine farms 🍷🍷

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Glad I am not the only one who misreads things.

Even though as a teatotaller I have no excuses.

7 hours ago, Gorth said:

You just long for Ireland.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Didn't get selected to be a potential juror so I just sat around half the day waiting.

Mowed the lawn. That's something I didn't miss.

Mow the lawn/jury duty they both important, patriotic  and mandatory duties required for stability of state and general peace at home with the wife and or partner 

Shady you dont want to be " one of those people  "  with an untidy lawn 🤨

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela