What you did today?

Gorth

41 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I'm looking forward to expanding the scope of my thumbs upping. 

Ironman is about 2 weeks away and I'm freaking out. Also my daughter is turning 12, which is also the level she has turned her teenage angst up to. 

into the blistering wilderness of shur does hurlshot go and moses' journey to midian was more brief and less arduous than the trial before you. fare thee well traveler. fare the well.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Office went drinking and axe throwing last night,  luckily I have better things to do and no one is here as they were all out late. So have a day with no coworkers around 😄

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Sounds like the beginning of a "Florida man" story. 😛

Well, I assume none of them killed themselves.  That'd mean more work for me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have you ever come home and found your wife rearranged the house while you were away? And you don't like it? Kinda how I felt coming to the board just now

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Remember when we used to have an occasional vote to add a new emoticon? All these new ones, but the best one ever still not included. -->  rofl.gif

Also, I'm currently hungry enough to eat a 🐴 but will settle for a bowl of 🍜 and a 🥗.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Have you ever come home and found your wife rearranged the house while you were away? And you don't like it? Kinda how I felt coming to the board just now

I actually kind of like it, though I do feel a wee bit confused at the moment.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On a slightly different topic, I've grown tired of colleagues inside the building at work constantly getting away with breaking the worker protection codes, so I've been documenting things and have been very hawkish today at work with pointing out things (Workers aren't allowed to stand on pallets to unload trailers, trailers are not allowed to be touched or handled without strapping them down, trailers are not allowed to be extracted from gates without a green light, things like that) to their great annoyance.

This is enjoyable to me for some reason, I get a pleasant buzz from telling people off and having one of the largest (and for companies, most dangerous) authorities at my back.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 hours ago, Azdeus said:

This is enjoyable to me for some reason, I get a pleasant buzz from telling people off and having one of the largest (and for companies, most dangerous) authorities at my back.

Volo would say that's because you're a nazi. ;)

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

accomplished little, but we did make a donation to a local nonprofit

C.A.T.S.

http://catsabouttown.org/category/featured/

am not a cat person per se, but these folks do great work.

'bout two years ago a friend o' ours needed dental surgery for her cat, but the +$2000 estimate from the vet had her literal weeping and figurative heartbroken-- she were fixed income and couldn't afford such an extravagance. didn't wanna take our money 'cause we had already given her some loot for a roof problem.

we did research on her behalf and discovered the CATS folks. they performed the surgery at a cost of $400. 

for those who ain't cat fans, the CATS people welcome dogs for surgeries if the dog is 30lbs or less... dogs up to 50lbs may be accomodated, but there will be additional fees.

only downside is folks as far away as LA is using the CATS services and the wait is, we assume, significant.

is worth a look see, particular for sacramento people. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On the continuing adventures of learning my 3d Printer settings... I ended up managing to produce this after an 11 hour print:

image.thumb.png.373d20fa3657c2e2ee6bd2ff634d6c38.png

image.thumb.png.1b48bf6bb10d33e070fc59992430b10e.png

image.thumb.png.a7daec8f58828a1d6f07fcddd6b2a7a8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Latest 40K model:

kp8rf6N.jpg

Still needs to be based, and there's some edge high-lighting and shading to be done (hence the mask being washed out) but overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out thus far.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

On the continuing adventures of learning my 3d Printer settings... I ended up managing to produce this after an 11 hour print:

Is that a baby Toothless?  It's cute, regardless. :)

Today I ordered a bunch of jerky so I have something to munch on while I obsessively - for no particular reason - delete pixels from the hair of character cut-outs.

Edited by LadyCrimson
I typed 'particularly' instead of 'particular' and felt a compelling need to correct it
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went to a party yeasterday to celebrate a close friends birthday, it was kind of small but damn did people drink, anyway, I made a new friend.

Generally speaking, everyone in my social circle is a lefty, and with lefties almost everyone is against things like firearms, military, police y'all know the deal. For the first time ever I met a fellow gun-nut that wants military spending. So next weekend, I'm going with him to the shooting range where I'm going to try out his arsenal. :dancing:

The new boards will take some getting used to.

The future I'll most try to forget is Winning the Day.

Apparently I have won 9 total, and the last day I won was 22. October 2017 (makes me want to dig up the post).

But this is so not good for that male competitiveness thing we are brought up with. Suddenly I can not just argue with you online, I can try and beat you... *shudder*

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, Deadly_Nightshade said:

Well, this is different...

Well look who decided to class up the joint! We don't see you here much these days DN. How have you been?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Meet Isabella, or just Bela for short. She came to live with me today. She belonged to one of the guys in the VFW. Sadly he passed away last week. His only family is a daughter in St. Louis who can't take her. Her options were few... they were going to put her in a shelter. I couldn't let that happen. I know Bela and she knows Sunny and me so I offered to let he live out her days with us. She is 12 years old. John had her from 8 weeks, literally her whole life. I'm trying to keep her engaged and trying to make her feel comfortable. She is stressed at the transition and I think sad because she doesn't know where John is. He adored her. So right now she is getting lot of love and attention and hopefully she will adapt smoothly. 

58606449_2304960956429272_84283471849062

• Like 9

Thomas Sowell