What you did today?

Gorth

To be fair, you're making a kitchen table in what I imagine are only a few pieces. If I want to 3d print a kitchen table.. I'll have to do it in about 70 different parts..  Or make it one that's under 16 inches in length.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

@ Raithe - lol, hubby's been using a very similar boat for some tests this week.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

To be fair, you're making a kitchen table in what I imagine are only a few pieces. If I want to 3d print a kitchen table.. I'll have to do it in about 70 different parts..  Or make it one that's under 16 inches in length.

They have CNC machines and services, you can just make one out of wood. But if you still want to print it:

https://www.matterhackers.com/store/l/timberfill-rosewood-filament-1.75mm/sk/MRAE4Y3Z?rcode=GAT9HR&gclid=CjwKCAjwqfDlBRBDEiwAigXUaMSIgYJgv1W4eKJ2-gpUiGCLKEGBYQE9_HorVM788Ph3_Imi1O5KbhoCEvcQAvD_BwE

BTW is hard to tell from  your picture but I think your machine only takes 2.85mm filament. Pro tip: You can run a 1.75mm bowden tube inside your bowden tube to use smaller filament.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well after about 6 hours of printing, and 3 failed builds, I've made some progress on my project.

I have the outer cases to my lightsabre's grip / main body. Now I just have to get the emitter and pommel sections before deciding exactly how to do the inner core...

57407241_10157313573950746_5179290638360

57572672_10157313574025746_2492467533022

57595540_10157313574075746_7163840415609

Edit: And since it's hard to tell from the pictures, those are both roughly 8cm / 3inches tall.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well after about 6 hours of printing, and 3 failed builds, I've made some progress on my project.

I have the outer cases to my lightsabre's grip / main body. Now I just have to get the emitter and pommel sections before deciding exactly how to do the inner core...

57407241_10157313573950746_5179290638360

57572672_10157313574025746_2492467533022

57595540_10157313574075746_7163840415609

Edit: And since it's hard to tell from the pictures, those are both roughly 8cm / 3inches tall.

Pro tip: use filler primer to even out the surface and get rid of the layer lines. Even more Pro Tip: make a silicone mold of the smooth print and cast it in an impact resistant material

Smooth on is your friend

https://www.smooth-on.com/

They have sample sizes on Amazon, don't order a big one since it has a limited shelf life.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Up. Putter around, hung out with hubby, was a nice weather-day.  Made some beef soft tacos for dinner. Yummy.

Maybe time to turn on FFXV for a few hours. Started a new save file again for a lower level run on PC which I never truly got around to. Still more than two months before DQ:Builders 2 I think. At least that one won't be an Epic exclusive. Pfft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The immediate family came over to our house for Easter and my wife cooked up a nice spread. I have a dirty little secret though, I don't really like ham.  :unsure:  Thin cut sammich ham?...yep, bacon?...load up the plate! But thick cut or spiral cut ham?...Ill eat a slice or two to be polite but Im not a fan. Otherwise a good time was had by all. w00t 

Remind me to stop joining game communities. I'm tired of people half my age trying to tell the guy with half a dozen shipped credits how game development works. Was I this annoying when I first got here?

That depends (eh, just kidding).

Back on the BIS/IPLY boards we'd get freshmen computer science majors trying to explain software and game development to the devs every now and then. The one I remember most vividly was a guy explaining to JE how the lack of monk unarmed fighting animations in Icewind Dale II made the game suck and that they just should have taken Bioware's from Baldur's Gate 2.

These posts almost always started with "Hi, I'm a computer science major and...", you know, like the "I'm not a racist but..." kind of deal.

Was your first post like that? If not, then you're probably good. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm pretty sure it was "I'm so excited for KotOR 2!" :lol:

Switched from bupropion to venlafaxine and I think I already want to switch back

I preferred venlafaxine out of the two, but then bupropion made me suicidal and weepy. Venlafaxine just made me sweat excessively - it did take months to kick in though. Citalopram has been the most effective for me, but everyone has different reactions.

Remind me to stop joining game communities. I'm tired of people half my age trying to tell the guy with half a dozen shipped credits how game development works. Was I this annoying when I first got here?

It's the internet. Everyone is some kind of tech/business/political expert, because they read wikipedia and watched some videos, don't ya know.

• Like 4

So, summer. Warm ambient room temps commence. Play game. New PC starts sounding louder and louder and louder. Apparently the Hydro unit fans don't like a warm room, even if the cpu temp itself isn't super high (50-60C). Download Corsair software to control fans. install. Doesn't detect the Hydro. Read that under device manager there's supposed to be a USB entry for the thing. It's not there.

Talk to hubby. "Oh, there was that USB wire I didn't use because I thought it was just to control the RGB lighting which you don't care about."

:disguise:

All better now. I had to change it from "Quiet" (which isn't very ... quiet) to "Zero RPM" profile. Edit - all these management softwares we need these days, simply because default setting on so much of the stuff is always an overly paranoid "rev up rpm's really loud for no reason" one.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Do what I do: stay away from the message boards. As an alternative, you could also read posts without responding to them.

Not that I am an elite intellectual like yourself, boss. But you know, these things are quite easy to figure out. ;)

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's april. It's already 20C+ outside... and no rain for the past couple of weeks. I'm not a happy man right now.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So what happens if you react to a post with sad face? Does it still register as a thumbs up "reaction" increase? Or does only the Like reaction increase that number? If you use Sad, does Reaction number decrease? Is that like a dislike? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Gasp! 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

So what happens if you react to a post with sad face? Does it still register as a thumbs up "reaction" increase? Or does only the Like reaction increase that number? If you use Sad, does Reaction number decrease? Is that like a dislike? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am more confused about is the confused face.:shrugz:

I used the Confused face, it didn't seem to change your thumbs up number. You also now seem to be able to remove a reaction, including the Like one. Interesting.

Sorry if you got a bunch of notifications from me playing with them, not sure how often it does that. >.>

I'm looking forward to expanding the scope of my thumbs upping. 

Ironman is about 2 weeks away and I'm freaking out. Also my daughter is turning 12, which is also the level she has turned her teenage angst up to. 

• Haha 1