What you did today?

Gorth

24 more hours and my dad will be back from his trip to Vienna. He will be carrying a bag of goodies for me: my old N64, GameCube games, most of which are kept in mint condition. There are also a couple PC games along with 2 new games. There is a Fallout 2 big box in there too, I just hope they survive the trip because dad had to put them all seperately in his luggage. :/

I'll post pics if my games survive the trip.

Ahhhhh, the things I do for gaming...and cats.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I went outside. Got bit by something, not sure what, and now I have a big itchy welt on my leg. Sneezed about 58 times ( the pollen count is nightmarish ).  I went back inside.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spent the whole day collating a crap ton of data from different sources into a single Excel SS. It was tedious in the extreme but the finished product is a thing of beauty. Now killing the tedium with beer and baseball.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Fate is as usual to me, other dog hurt his back last week and couldn't stand. Had surgery but looks like it didn't work and his paralysis is at risk of spreading.

So, may have to put him to sleep this weekend. Almost 6 months to the day we put William, our first one down.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My brother visited last night. I see him so rarely these days that every time I do I "forget" how tall he is. He makes my 6' 1" hubby look short. Which makes me think how odd it is that 4 inches makes such an impression on the eye when it's between human beings, but if you look at two pieces of, oh, say, metal pipe leaning against a wall, where one is 4 inches taller/longer, it's no big deal. Look at 4" on a tape measure. Doesn't seem very much does it. Yet.

Bro looks more and more like my father all the time, too. Same overall features and hair receding pattern. I think I have more grey hair than he does and he's 10 years older. Pfft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@Malcador  - always rough, especially when it's so sudden like that. Sorry to hear.

• Like 1

Fate is as usual to me, other dog hurt his back last week and couldn't stand. Had surgery but looks like it didn't work and his paralysis is at risk of spreading.

So, may have to put him to sleep this weekend. Almost 6 months to the day we put William, our first one down.

This really sucks. I know you'll make the right decision one way or the other. I'm just sorry for both of you that you have to. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry to hear Malc, I know you very close to your dogs 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks, all. Got worse, so we are doing it this evening. Blah.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry to hear it Malc

Thomas Sowell

I was up all night working on a project. I'm making a new kitchen table and two chairs. I've always wanted to try my hand at furniture making. I suck at carpentry for the most part but I figured maybe I just need practice. So I found some plans on pintrest and taking a crack at it. It's nice but simple in an elegant kind of way. It would be a lot easier if I had a real powered wood lathe but I really want to do this by hand. Besides they start at $500 and go up from there. 

Thomas Sowell

Slowly getting to grips with .. :

57485236_10157308024280746_7518819604357

Getting the levelling right is a bitch, but, it now seems sorted and I'm going to have a little play around to make sure I understand things.... Then I'm going to start printing out my mock lightsabre hilt...  Hopefully.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The coffee kicked in and I finally figured out what that was, a 3D printer! That's pretty awesome. How tall is it?

Well, it's got a print volume of 300mm x 300mm x 400 mm, which translates into American speak to about 12inch by 12 inch by 16inch.  

But if you want the actual height, from base to top of the filament roll, it's about 34 inches.

Edit:

And for the show and tell, my first "Benchy"  - The performance test model for printers in general.

57614954_10157310570415746_2914508156446

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Contrast post 146 & 147. I'm making a kitchen table and chairs using only tools that have been around more than 4k years. Raithe is 3D printing stuff. Here are two guys going in completely opposite directions!  :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell