What you did today?

Gorth

I like having hair that can tuck behind my ears. Motion habit from youth. I keep the sides fairly short these days but I still do that motion with what little hair can tuck (even tho it mostly just falls right back again). :lol:

Ive always preferred the "clean cut" look for myself. Ive never had a moustache, beard or goatee either.

I was going through some old thumb drives and found this picture. Tommy & i were camping and fishing for five days by the Duck River in Old Stone Fort State Park. This was five years ago. God I miss him. He's been gone almost two years. Best friend I've ever had. 

56842656_2293743340884367_51294834488172

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

After waiting impatiently for 2 days, I called up our property management office to get an update on our security deposit. They claim it was processed incorrectly, and they will be sending a $1700 check next week to make up the difference. Yay for not having to go to small claims court! Still a bit suspicious until the check clears.  :getlost:

Wife is really upset the property management company doesn't think the condo will rent for what she thinks it should go for. I think she's going about the whole thing all wrong but whatever, I guess it'll make her feel better to try to convince them they are wrong instead of either ignoring their recommendation or finding a new company.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Wife is really upset the property management company doesn't think the condo will rent for what she thinks it should go for. I think she's going about the whole thing all wrong but whatever, I guess it'll make her feel better to try to convince them they are wrong instead of either ignoring their recommendation or finding a new company.

don't know your condo market, so can't say.  however, as an example, we got a 1500 sqft home am renting for $1850.  the average rate for such homes in the area is $2000/monthly.  if am willing to wait, we could maybe get $2100.  now keep in mind, there is basic utilities we need pay even if the property is empty, which is not extreme, but is still costing us a bit over $200 per month.

in our opinion, is unreasonable to not take the $1850 who will occupy asap. might take two or more months to get $2100.  so we get functional 10 months o' rent (at best) for the year. and am out an additional +$400 in utilities the tenant would be paying. so, $20,600 for the year.  at $1850 we get full year occupancy and no lost utility costs, so am making $22,200 even if am asking $250 less per month.

get a good long-term tenant in asap.  if we don't get a tenant w/i first two weeks o' availability, we immediate lower asking rent.

*shrug*

empty property earns us nothing... actual costs money.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Similar units to ours in neighboring apartments can go for over $3200 and in our own building the unit below us is renting for $2800 and the one below that for $2600. Same floor plan but no view and only 1 parking spot. A 1 bedroom on the first floor going for $2500 and the cheapest and smallest one for $2300 and they want to list us at $2480. I thought we could get the same as the unit below us and if we don't get any bites then move down from there and my wife thinks we can get even more but I think part of it is just emotional investment or a point of pride. I just don't want it to cost me money, that's all I care about. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

I just don't want it to cost me money, that's all I care about. 

am understanding this.  after property taxes, hoa, homeowner's insurance, expected maintenance and other nonsense, the two rentals am carrying into retirement won't be making us much money. if we can squeeze out enough return to cover our typical yearly charitable donations, am gonna be more than happy... and that is with Gromnir continuing as property manager.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...finally got the li'l monsters ta bed an' got ta look o'er me new rig supplies that comed in yesterday mornin'...canna wait ta start buildin' 'er...fallin' in luv wit' Fractal Design; dunna think I's'll e'er use another company's chassis'...an' I's used ta swear by Cooler Master...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Woke up to the sound of the chickens in an uproar. Opened up the loft window (quietly) and saw two coyotes trying their best to get in. Well, they (the chickens)  were in no danger. I built that enclosure with coyotes in mind. Nevertheless I thought it would be better if these two didn't get away with the attempt. I have a Ruger 10/22 next to that loft window for just such an occasion. I stepped back from the window, had a good stock weld, sight picture, sight alignment, let out a half breath and began to squeeze.... but didn't.  I had them. They were both as dead as fried chicken as Samuel L Jackson would say. But I just couldn't do it. 10 years ago I'd be digging a hole right now. Instead I leaned out the window and yelled at them to f--k off. They did. 

I must be getting soft in my old age.

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

All the petty admin and assorted stuff today.

My broadband / tv provider sent new tv box and router, so the fun of switching, installing, and then setting my network security back up.

My mobile phone was out of contract, so going through the fun of getting that in order.

Caught up on both laundry and fussing the cat some. Helping my father clear out things from my sister's old room, he's turned it into a general clutter stack / storage area and we really need to sort through it.

Chasing up some bank issues.

Also, spent the money on picking up that 3d Printer I had my eye on, and am about to setup a rapsberry pi with Octoprint for when it gets delivered.

Kind of hoping I've left myself enough time. I'm planning on printing out a lightsabre and Sith mask for attending Portsmouth Comic-Con (which is actually over the May 4th/5th), and then a few weeks later have friends also going to London Comic-Con, so I'm thinking of letting the geek flag fly and push the cosplay option for once.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Have learned that the way to get better looking 1080 videos on YouTube is to upload in 1440. It's not simply compression, bitrate etc. YT uses a different processing codec if you have higher average views (eg, you're popular) - or if you upload in 1440+. :getlost:  Which is irritating since that = larger file size and lesser recording performance if you're using cpu-heavy Fraps.  I did try OBS again for recording on the new pc, but for me, I still think it sucks as a stable recording program - the quality is at least "ok" and ofc performance is better with the smaller files created. It just isn't reliably stable/acts glitchy for me.

Also, for a free video editor, Shotcut seems a decent one. Only one I've liked so far because it doesn't feel bloated and still has most basic filters one might want but nothing super fancy to complicate it, and (most importantly) it can open/handle my giant Fraps .avi's. Whereas the other popular freebie, DaVinci Resolve - as well as many others - would not.

Edit: it's sorta fun when you build a new rig and get to test or re-test lots o' software, trying to find the things you like/will use "from now on." Except it makes me feel like I'm cluttering up the O/S install so once I have it all figured out I may reinstall Win10 again. Ha.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Woke up to the sound of the chickens in an uproar. Opened up the loft window (quietly) and saw two coyotes trying their best to get in. Well, they (the chickens)  were in no danger. I built that enclosure with coyotes in mind. Nevertheless I thought it would be better if these two didn't get away with the attempt. I have a Ruger 10/22 next to that loft window for just such an occasion. I stepped back from the window, had a good stock weld, sight picture, sight alignment, let out a half breath and began to squeeze.... but didn't.  I had them. They were both as dead as fried chicken as Samuel L Jackson would say. But I just couldn't do it. 10 years ago I'd be digging a hole right now. Instead I leaned out the window and yelled at them to f--k off. They did. 

I must be getting soft in my old age.

Psh, can't even shoot them that come for your chickens, how would you shoot them that come for your guns? :woot:

• Like 3

Coyotes are more sympathetic. C'mon, tell me you never felt a little bad for this guy... even rooted for him a little:

lfJDRKPA_400x400.jpg

Besides, I'm not willing to trade my life to stop a coyote... and I won't ever have to. Other threats? It's not out of the question however unlikely. Besides, perhaps the willingness to do a thing makes it less likely we'll ever have to.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

But what if TrueNeutral is carrying an injured coyote trying to seek help when he shows up at Guard Dog's house?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Nah, TN is good people. He's welcome anytime! His coyote can come too... just keep him on a leash!   :lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

Thomas Sowell

But what if TrueNeutral is carrying an injured coyote trying to seek help when he shows up at Guard Dog's house?

shoot away from tn (not recommended) or make other loud noise.  regardless o' extent o' injuries, the coyote likely goes crazy and savages tn.   when tn drops the vermin, we shoot it.  afterwards we bring out a bottle o' bactine and a large garbage bag or two for tn.  bactine for his wounds.  garbage bag for the dead vermin he carried onto our property. leave up to tn to collect his trash and git. call it a day.

am a problem solver.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Loud noises are just as like to scare me off as the coyote. :lol:

as long as the filthy, disease-ridden, vermin is gone from our property before we can say "schadenfreude," am gonna call it a win. 

oh, and we would want the coyote gone too.

kid... we kid.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4