What you did today?

Gorth

Different topic, different post: Today I realized my pc ram was running at 2133 or some such, not 3200. So I looked into that and discovered 3200 ram doesn't run 3200 by default and it's technically overclocking the RAM to get it. Which made me feel really stupid. Also, I'd like to harass hubby for not telling me.

So I changed the automatic profile setting in BIOS like everything says to do. Seems to work, no crashes or problems. The few games I have installed - I think I see maybe a 10fps difference on average, which makes me wonder what the heck is the big deal about "faster" ram (at least for gaming). Oh well, I guess it'll make a difference down the road where 10fps might mean the difference between solid 60fps or dipping below. I wonder if it's better to just leave it at that stock speed if everything is running ok, tho. Still if you do that then you feel gyped re: what you paid for. Pfft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My condo was gas and my new house is all electric (boogie woogie woogie) and I'd be lying if I said I haven't over/undercooked some things. I much prefer gas for cooking but I'm not willing to get a gas line run and new appliances right now. My dryers have always been electric though and that I don't mind at all.

Free games updated 3/4/21

My condo was gas and my new house is all electric (boogie woogie woogie) and I'd be lying if I said I haven't over/undercooked some things. I much prefer gas for cooking but I'm not willing to get a gas line run and new appliances right now. My dryers have always been electric though and that I don't mind at all.

I like gas rangetops but prefer electric ovens.

Haven't had/tried any of the home convection type ovens tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Our oven is convection but I don't know what I'm doing so I use the regular setting most of the time. I guess I could just google it since I'm already on the internet but willful ignorance wins again, sad.

I cut down a tree that fell on the fence from the neighbor's yard. I thought I gave them plenty of time to take care of it themselves because it is on their side of the fence but I couldn't take it any longer. Note to self, get a better saw.

PS I looked up the differences of a convection oven right after posting. I couldn't live like that.

Edited by ShadySands

I have a lot of free time. I have a new PC. I have money. What I don't have is a lot of developers/publishers who create games I care to play.  (...also lacking brain-motivation to learn a new hobby)

I did run across a Jeff Goldblum shower curtain however. Which is hilarious and creepy at the same time. Especially with the description "Soft and Comfortable Handing Feeling."

https://www.amazon.com/TalentHover-Goldblum-Curtain-Waterproof-Curtains/dp/B07Q5CW19T/

Got put on sickleave today, against my will.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Costs me one day in pay, and then I only get 80% pay.

Needless to say, I'm getting in contact with the union. They can't really do that to me, they're not allowed to. They HAVE to supply either a job that I can do (That doesn't involve a broken finger) or give me full pay while at home.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

http://orchardsvenue.com/

One of my brothers is getting married next weekend at this venue so this last weekend we had the Bulls\Hens parties and I have been assisting with preparations where applicable...like helping buy the alcohol as we staying for the weekend  so there are activities planned outside the official wedding

Its going to be a great event and we all very excited  :dancing:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Spent way too much time on the phone today. Every call has been a mix of stream of consciousness rambling and long awkward silences. I think I'm going to turn my phone off for the rest of the week or maybe I'll just disable all incoming calls and make people text me.

I'm so "bored" I almost feel like creating a new domain/website for uploading videos, partly because I'm sick of Youtube (in terms of uploading, vs. just watching). Which might be cool until some company sues me for copyright infringement for using 20 seconds of some song in a 5 minute video.

...maybe I'll get some music mixer software.

I want to make some cat grass for my cats but I have to wait for dad to come back from his trip. I usually place them at my dads house until they are fully grown because here at my place the cats just mess with the whole thing. It has been 7 years since I brought Xiu Xiu home and 2 years since I got Ignus. Sometimes I wonder how I have to deal with my cats once one of them reaches the end of the line and most importantly, how will the other cat react towards the death of their partner.

This life is simply more than I asked for...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

am expecting we will be getting our taxes to sign from the accountant today. is a sad day 'cause this is the tax year which exhausts our operating cost losses from 2008-2010.  coulda' stretched a bit further, but had a lump o' capital gains to address.  starting next year we will need resume cutting checks to franchise tax board and irs. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^ I don't even like thinking about our (self-employment) taxes anymore. The check we write keeps getting bigger and bigger, although we have reached the max for certain increase potentials so we expect it to slow down. At least we don't have any inheritance tax, that's mine, all mine. Take that IRS/SS.

Also: when you know it's a SSD but your mouse finger still starts to twitch and itch when you see this, because, decades of HDD "training":

fragments4.jpg

We hit 80 degrees today and tomorrow we're expecting another blizzard. Yay.

Day After Tomorrow has arrived?

• Like 2

Costs me one day in pay, and then I only get 80% pay.

Needless to say, I'm getting in contact with the union. They can't really do that to me, they're not allowed to. They HAVE to supply either a job that I can do (That doesn't involve a broken finger) or give me full pay while at home.

Sadly, the union rep told me they sort of could do this, but talking to him and the worker protection rep we noticed that my employer has been missing alot of things in their accident reports, phoning important stuff in. We also noticed that our normal way of recieving renumeration for that first workday is wrong, I had recieved a letter a few months after I crushed my right hand that to recieve full compensation we need to take things through the traffic insurance, since we work with trailers and containers all accidents classify as traffic incidents.

Sooo... Been on the phone for three hours this morning, had to use two phones and switch since the battery drained on my private one. XD

Edited by Azdeus

Delighted to see Neckbeard Zero (what I call a guy in my neighbourhood who I spotted wearing cargo shorts, socks with sandals, a Blind Guardian tshirt, actual neckbeard and a fedora one time) again in my area. No katana though, but maybe he had it hid under his trenchcoat.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know how they do it. I want to claw at my neck with a rake it itches so bad if I go a few days without shaving. :lol:

Apathy is very powerful. Sorry, not apathy, forgot it is them being aware that **** like shaving doesn't matter and they reject these illogical social conventions.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know how they do it. I want to claw at my neck with a rake it itches so bad if I go a few days without shaving. :lol:

I don't even know the last time I've shaved with a razor now. I'm pretty much always somewhere between 5 o'clock shadow and struggle beard nowadays.

What bugs me though is if my hair gets too long on the sides. If it touches my ears I freak out for some reason (probably just being a weirdo) and I have to keep it cut short.

• Like 1

Got the check from our security deposit from the place we just left. Out of $2750, we got back $108. We were there a year and there was only typical wear and tear. I expected them to charge a bunch for cleaning, but the $1680 carpet replacement cost is what I'm fuming about. It was a new house, new carpets, and we didn't have any major damage to it. We didn't even wear shoes or eat upstairs where the carpets were. But they want to sell these houses for a million dollars, so they need to be able to market them as brand new. 

Thankfully we took video before we left the place, so I figure we have a decent small claims court case. It's just a hassle. There are about a dozen renters going through the same thing, so I'm going to see if they are getting the same treatment and maybe we can put together something bigger.

I hear you. I haven't had hair over my ears or even down to my collar since high school.

I like having hair that can tuck behind my ears. Motion habit from youth. I keep the sides fairly short these days but I still do that motion with what little hair can tuck (even tho it mostly just falls right back again). :lol:

Got the check from our security deposit from the place we just left. Out of $2750, we got back $108. We were there a year and there was only typical wear and tear. I expected them to charge a bunch for cleaning, but the $1680 carpet replacement cost is what I'm fuming about. It was a new house, new carpets, and we didn't have any major damage to it. We didn't even wear shoes or eat upstairs where the carpets were. But they want to sell these houses for a million dollars, so they need to be able to market them as brand new. 

Thankfully we took video before we left the place, so I figure we have a decent small claims court case. It's just a hassle. There are about a dozen renters going through the same thing, so I'm going to see if they are getting the same treatment and maybe we can put together something bigger.

hard part is you likely took pictures o' the wrong side o' the carpet.  am not saying your landlords is sneaky, but is best to be available when they is insisting on pulling out carpet to show there is no stainage on the underside.  you have children, but we do not recall any pets. kids and pets almost get a presumption o' fubar carpet.  any number o' carpet cleaning services will make the carpets look okie dokie for a few days, then the stains begin reappearing almost like magic.  all you need is for landlord to claim palpable odor and then show pictures (not necessarily your carpet) o' underside o' removed carpet with stains.  

did you do a final walkthrough? is landlord required in CA unless you somehow waived. 

btw, how many sqft o' carpet/pad were removed and replaced? am curious 'cause $1680 could be either too expensive or kinda cheap.  we got a storage unit which is filled with what we call "rental-grade" carpet and pad which we have been using for years to replace carpet for little actual money save installation, which am too lazy to do our self.  removal is easy and haul-away requires a trip or two to the dump with a decent size truck.  being a cheap sob, we do such stuff our self. however, haven't bothered to check and see what home depot or some other standard kinda place charges for removal and installation o' new carpet for X sqft o' home.  

as an aside, as much as we personal like pets, we do not rent to pet owners unless is a slab foundation property.  cat urine, in particular, gets into the wood and that is where it stays, forever. only hard and fast rules for us is no smoker renters anywheres, and no pets save for slab.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)