What you did today?

Gorth

Feel better Chill. Booze and vikaten don't mix well. Pick a horse.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Having a look at what it would take to DIY up a lightsaber hilt for cosplay at Comic-Con before I head off and face the joys of a working day.

Still trying to adjust my sleeping patterns for that, so far I seem to be averaging about 4-5 hours sleep a night which I should improve on....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had all 4 taken out, don't think I took many painkillers.  Do remember it being a pain to have to eat soup for about 5 days or so, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had all 4 wisdom teeth at once. Wasn't the worst in the world but that first 24 hours after was no fun, most certainly.

Been playing Generation Zero this evening, I'm having a blast even while solo. Going to play with mates once they can afford it. Also once I get a new headset.

I've been eyeballing that game. Still not sure if I'm going to buy it, but it does look like something I *might* like. :)

...that said, I think I need one of those short gaming/pc breaks. Can't even muster the desire to check out the new Grim Dawn expansion that came out today.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

you are all heroes i guess, I jsut got cold and have to work overtimes, I just want to lay down end sleep

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

CHIPMUNK. I wish we had those. I would be tossing it nuts and cooing and trying to make it a pet. Well, ok, not really a pet. But that's how I'd get close/gain "trust" and coax it out the open sliding glass door - love 'em but yeah, don't want them living in the house. But then hopefully it would revisit now and then for more treats! No no, not a pet! Just occasional buddies, is all!

(old pics)

yard-squirrel-079-mbv.jpg

yard-squirrel-086-mbv.jpg

Yeah, I know, some hate such creatures. I love 'em tho, so pffft. I spent so much on nuts that one year when I had half a dozen showing up periodically.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We had raccoons in the backyard two nights in a row earlier this week. Sucks because my dogs love running in the yard at night but I can't let them out if I think there might be any critters that might attack them instead of running away. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

Trashcans are around the side on the other side of the fence and I have bungee cords on them to make them harder to open. The raccoons came right up to the sliding glass door and just sat there watching us watch them. My dogs aren't very good at being dogs so they missed the whole thing.

One of my security cameras has a good view of the trash but I haven't yet caught them trying to get into them

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Scary thing I learned about chipmunks today, they eat mice. :x

They are omnivorous, but I don't think I'd heard about mice (had heard they ate small frogs). Learn something new everyday!

Heh, my younger cat is licking my hand like a doggie! :lol:

Hope you pass the food / not food test. :shifty::p

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Today I combined the remnants of 3 different bags of granola to get a bowl of cereal. Cranberry, Cinnamon Flax, and Quinoa Flax. It did the job.

How Californian :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I combined the remnants of 3 different bags of granola to get a bowl of cereal. Cranberry, Cinnamon Flax, and Quinoa Flax. It did the job.

How Californian :p

flax is the stuff used to make linen, yes? you don't eat the tablecloth. 

am knowing the flax seed is what is used for oils, and the seed is edible, but have never used-- flaxseed oil has an even lower smoke point than butter, so am rare seeing a point.

then again, am only a transplanted californian, and have never willing an/or knowing eaten a pizza with artichoke hearts, avocado, or sprouts.  am clear not baseline california. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Warmer weather seems to mean even more crazies out on the street.  Have some hobo outside my office's building doing the Ric Flair Woo in the middle of cursing and ranting, in addition to the fake blind guy and the apathetic evangelist.  Suppose it could be worse, there are a lot of bums randomly assaulting people. 

Also disappointed in my coworkers for not getting the reference when I mentioned a politician here in Toronto once wanted "a final solution" to the homeless problem.

Well our most famous one is Zanta.

Visited the Museum of Death, which had an exhibit on serial killers. One of the displays had an interview form filled out by John Wayne Gacy, and some of the answers he gave caused the Twilight Zone theme to play in my head:

Q: Who is your hero?

A: Donald Trump.

Q: What would you do if you were president for a day?

A: I would make sure everybody had a job and a place to stay before helping out other countries.

Keep in mind that Gacy was executed in 1994.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Taking a slow weekend at the moment, a bunch of the "admin household" stuff to be handled.

Planning on going on a hunt for parts to DIY into a lightsaber hilt so I can go Star Wars geek to London Comic-Con in may.

Actually pondering on the viability of a 3d-printer at home. It's been  a few years since I played around with CAD softwarre, but prices for home enthusiast and classroom style 3D-Printers seem to be dropping.  Anyone have any deep wells of knowledge on the subject?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."