RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

I will regretfully give Randy money for co-op with buddies

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

this is one of those instances where I'll happily buy a game on Steam during a sale, just so that Steam gets the cut that would go to the owner(s) of the dev company otherwise

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well after just saying they always make great trailers, I find myself rather blase about  this dev./announcement trailer. I think it's just the music tho. It's ok but nothing that gets me pumped. Anyway, if/whenever it's on Steam, I'll buy two copies for me and hubby, just like I have with all the others. Hopefully it'll be as good as 1 and 2. :)

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And this is coming out soon as well... about four and a half years after it had been announced:

For those who haven't seen it yet:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Randy is my hero: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-28-borderlands-1-remaster-confirmed-for-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-out-next-week

Tl;dr

-Borderlands 1 remaster coming next week

-free to current owners, includes all dlc

-free 4K texture pack coming for The Handsome Collection

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Knowing Gearbox, their remaster will probably make it worse.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are also planning stuff with Homeworld - I guess Blackbird will do some stuff there.  Reminds me to finish DoK

Tropico games have felt the same since 3.

Either I have Borderlands on the brain or that Tropico trailer announcer sounds a lot like Marcus.

Also, I still have the original CD of Borderlands 1, complete with all those downloadable patches. I've been afraid to uninstall it because of the DRM issue. Hub did that and couldn't get it to install again so he rebought it on Steam. I suppose I can buy it again, on Steam, upgraded version. Not sure I'll play it again tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tropico games have felt the same since 3.

Is that a drawback or virtue?

Nevertheless, good to see something which is not lootbox zombie battle royal.

Nah, not a drawback or anything, just felt 4 and 5 were nothing different, so affects how much I feel I should fork out for it. This one is getting people saying it is a bit of a change and is good so maybe will grab it sooner.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Still no word on a release date for M&B2: Bannerlord, right?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1723097746688457151

Found it funny this was news - they plan to have a closed beta.  Well, I'd hope so.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1723097746688457151

Found it funny this was news - they plan to have a closed beta. Well, I'd hope so.

What does beta even mean any more? Given the shove it out the door and patch it later state of the games industry these days, games are being released fully in states that would be called "alpha" in the past.
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Found it funny this was news - they plan to have a closed beta. Well, I'd hope so.

What does beta even mean any more? Given the shove it out the door and patch it later state of the games industry these days, games are being released fully in states that would be called "alpha" in the past.

Alpha, beta, I think these terms are overused. I played, according to some freaks, "beta" of Pathfinder months after launch, yet I had enjoyable experience. Thing is - you can't expect game product without bugs, what matters is playable 'state'. To me even Bard's Tale IV was in playable state at launch if you would just reload the earlier save & actually taken care to save the game.