RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

36 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Would hate to be the guy that made that mistake.  Naturally, this proves Epic is Evil and this was Chinese Intel op

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Would hate to be the guy that made that mistake.  Naturally, this proves Epic is Evil and this was Chinese Intel op

And Amazon is a US op. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Nope It's clearly Putin!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

GOG wants to make competition their market by relaunching their Galaxy Client as a universal gaming hub, allowing to manage games across different launchers:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/05/22/gog-galaxy-2-0-claims-to-be-a-universal-games-launchpad/

no news about release date, but they opened signups for beta (existing gog account required).

• Like 1

Maybe people will stop whining about Epic with that. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's almost as if they believe that innovation and a feature-rich product will put them on the map, as opposed to undercutting the competition and cornering the market.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

It's almost as if they believe that innovation and a feature-rich product will put them on the map, as opposed to undercutting the competition and cornering the market.

Blasphemy!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You give Steam drones too much credit. 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

****. I miss him.

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 hours ago, Azdeus said:

****. I miss him.

Me too. :(

On a less sad subject, is there any word on Kentucky Route Zero Act 5?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/25/18639893/gaming-disorder-addiction-world-health-organization-who-icd-11

“Gaming disorder” is listed after “gambling disorder” in ICD-11 and uses that disorder’s language almost word-for-word, replacing “gambling” with “gaming.” Gambling disorder was formerly “pathological gambling” in ICD-10, which the WHO ratified in 1990. The text of ICD-11 was finalized a year ago; today’s action, at the 72nd World Health Assembly, was its formal adopting. The revision takes effect Jan. 1, 2022.

The International Classification of Diseases is a system for classifying diseases and disorders for purposes of epidemiological research, health care management and billing, and clinical treatment. It has a chapter set aside for “mental, behavioral or neurodevelopmental disorders,” where gaming disorder is listed.

Its language calls gaming disorder “a pattern of persistent or recurrent gaming behavior (‘digital gaming’ or ‘video-gaming’), which may be online (i.e., over the internet) or offline.”

Those with gaming disorder may show “impaired control over gaming,” “increasing priority given to gaming to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities,” and “continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurence of negative consequences.”

• Confused 3

Professional "armchair" psychologists, always seem to forget about the social nature of games that keeps people coming back. In a world that increasingly puts pressure on especially youth to take them out of the world at large and stash them away in the home for "safety." No wonder kids develop a life in their games. It's also a form of stimulation to keep their mind active in an otherwise fairly monotonous and rote world.

I feel games are one of those easy topics to invoke nanny politics about, as opposed to dealing with more serious societal issues. I think a lot of issues with gaming stem from a sunk cost fallacy, where it's hard to invest in other social connections that might not pan out when you have your current ones so established. This doesn't even have to be just for multiplayer games, but communities that talk about single-player experiences and so on.

I say this as someone who was a pretty hardcore gamer that basically dropped the hobby a few years into college as life came at me fast. I probably had all the signs of a gaming problem, and now I have none. (Internet addiction be a whole other thing though, but that's everyone and their nan now.)

• Like 2

Think they are talking not about hardcore players but the guys that ruin their lives and/or bank accounts due to MMORPGs or F2P games or whatever. 

Yeah, I used to know a guy who could not quit. He'd invite everyone for dinner and the only one not showing up at the restaurant would be himself because he'd be playing 48 hours straight and have both forgotten he had invited people to dinner and not noticed that two days had past.

He later went from games to drugs, when everyone else in gaming grew up. Because the friend who games a lot seems fine when you are 20, but when you are past 30 and that person doesn't finish their university degree, and doesn't get a job because they keep gaming, that same person doesn't fit in anymore. And then the personality susceptible to addictive influences is in danger of drifting towards something harder.

Saw him a few weeks ago on the street, hanging out with other junkies :(

• Sad 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 6:58 PM, Keyrock said:

Me too. :(

On a less sad subject, is there any word on Kentucky Route Zero Act 5?

They released this a while ago: http://kentuckyroutezero.com/un-pueblo-de-nada/

It is an interlude set between Act IV and Act V. I'd say the release shouldn't be all that far since the game is also being released for the Nintendo Switch.

19 hours ago, melkathi said:

Yeah, I used to know a guy who could not quit. He'd invite everyone for dinner and the only one not showing up at the restaurant would be himself because he'd be playing 48 hours straight and have both forgotten he had invited people to dinner and not noticed that two days had past.

He later went from games to drugs, when everyone else in gaming grew up. Because the friend who games a lot seems fine when you are 20, but when you are past 30 and that person doesn't finish their university degree, and doesn't get a job because they keep gaming, that same person doesn't fit in anymore. And then the personality susceptible to addictive influences is in danger of drifting towards something harder.

Saw him a few weeks ago on the street, hanging out with other junkies :(

That is basically me but I quit hard drugs. ;)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Forgot how cool that intro was.

• Hmmm 1

On 5/25/2019 at 2:46 AM, Azdeus said:

****. I miss him.

Yeah. His influence help me move from thinking of games as products made by faceless corporations, and start thinking about people who make them. His videos also introduced me to indie games. Stumbled on his first ever WTF video, and stuck with it till the last one. I discovered some great games thanks to him, new on old. Thank you for Deus Ex TB.

15 hours ago, melkathi said:

Did we talk about the Mutant Year Zero expansion?

Ah, I am stuck halfway through the base game. It bored me quite quickly. Still, there is something appealing by the superserious narration delivered by Bullwinkle J. Moose.