RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

https://www.pcgamer.com/new-games-2019/

Great list of upcoming games for 2019  :thumbsup:

In a very real sense the video games industry seems over-saturated.

It does feel like that at times, we are almost overwhelmed by choice  :blink:  I  suppose you can see it as " glass as half-full " , it reminds me of all the available TV shows...you cant watch\play everything so you just have to be selective 

I must have about  20 games I have yet to play on Steam ...Im bad I know  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

at this point its more like :deadhorse:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So Kotaku keeps kicking Bioware while its down. In short: RIP Dragon Age 4. 

But DA4 isnt RIP,  its been recreated according to the article. See the quote below 

" A tiny team stuck around to work on a brand new Dragon Age 4, code-named Morrison, that would be built on Anthem’s tools and codebase. It’s the game being made now. Unlike Joplin, this new version of the fourth Dragon Age is planned with a live service component, built for long-term gameplay and revenue. One promise from management, according to a developer, was that in EA’s balance sheet, they’d be starting from scratch and not burdened with the two years of money that Joplin had already spent. Question was, how many of those ideas and prototypes would they use? "

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unlike Joplin, this new version of the fourth Dragon Age is planned with a live service component, built for long-term gameplay and revenue.

dead

• Like 6

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Unlike Joplin, this new version of the fourth Dragon Age is planned with a live service component, built for long-term gameplay and revenue.

As I said, yeah, RIP. Anyway -- Dylan, Morrison, Joplin...someone into muzik of the sixties.  8) So, who do you guys think was Andromeda initially named after?

Dunno, but it looked like something what should be called N-Sync

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

As I said, yeah, RIP. Anyway -- Dylan, Morrison, Joplin...someone into muzik of the sixties.  8) So, who do you guys think was Andromeda initially named after?

Naming projects after people who died too soon was probably a bad idea. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Naming projects after people who died too soon was probably a bad idea. :p

Future EA projects to be:

Bullfrog

Westwood

Origin

Pandemic

Mythic

Maxis

Visceral

BioWare

• Like 2

The bottom line, for me, is that if I have to be online to play DA4, I won't buy it despite liking all of the games.  Same is true for any future game by Bioware.

And since EA seems to have married the idea of games as a service, I've already built my expectations that Mass Effect Andromeda was the last Bioware game I'm likely to play.

EDIT: Didn't see this posted, so...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The bottom line, for me, is that if I have to be online to play DA4, I

What is the aversion to the game being online, Im sure there are several reasons but what would your reasons be?

I dont have a problem with this type of design  strategy but I may be missing something 

John Milton 

What is the aversion to the game being online, Im sure there are several reasons but what would your reasons be?

I dont have a problem with this type of design  strategy but I may be missing something 

I don't ever want to be forced to have to play with another human being.  And if you're not forcing me to play with another human being there is zero rational reason to require the game to always be online.  I've only ever played Diablo III on consoles for this reason.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I dont have a problem with this type of design strategy but I may be missing something

I don't ever want to be forced to have to play with another human being. And if you're not forcing me to play with another human being there is zero rational reason to require the game to always be online. I've only ever played Diablo III on consoles for this reason.

It also kills modding which used to be the lifeblood of BioWare games.

• Like 2

I don't ever want to be forced to have to play with another human being.  And if you're not forcing me to play with another human being there is zero rational reason to require the game to always be online.  I've only ever played Diablo III on consoles for this reason.

Agree.

If I'm going to play an MMO where that's just the game genre, that's one thing. If it's supposed to be a single-player game, always-online is a no-buy. I shouldn't have to be always-online for SP, which maybe I want to play on a laptop or when the internet has gone out or whatever else. And if the always-online is simply because they want to make sure you can always buy their microtransactions or get "important announcements" (for a SP game...), pffft. If I want to buy mcrot's I'll go online when and if I'm ready to spend.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 6
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After DA3 I lost all hope for Bioware and their games. They lost their drive to make anything original, instead they decided to pander to the lowest common denominator by making it an open space elder scrolls wanna be.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

If it was just DA3 but with co-op enabled I'd totally be into it. But just like Bethesda, they don't understand that we just want a small-scale 2-4 player experience with friends, not the entire world. :( Only Larian seems to get that.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, for one reason or another, BioWare/EA have completely lost faith in single-player games.

You can't exploit **** out of your players in single player game as good as in "Live Service" even if poor implemented. It's not about faith. It's the public traded companies goal of earning all of the money in the world by whatever means, instead of having lower but steady cashflow from maximally satisfied and happy customers.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours