RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Daikatana Universalis? :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Daikatana Universalis? :o

So, scheduled for release in May 2027?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Romero Games & Paradox are making a strategy game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/romero-games-is-working-on-a-strategy-game-with-paradox/

No details yet, but I can only assume they're going to make me their bitch.

That pressrelease was such a farce. The Romero's were credited with creating Doom, Quake, Wizardry 8 and Jagged Alliance.

What has John accomplished after he left Id Software (ie when he was part of creating Doom and Quake)? Daikatana? Awesome. And his forte is FPS and they are now making a strategy game.

And Brenda wrote the friggin manual for Jagged Alliance. She was a writer for JA2, but that game didn't excel because of its writing let me tell you. She can have credit for Wizardry 8, but that's a game which is soon 20 years old. Her resume since that game is Playboy: The Mansion and facebook games. To that, you can add her kickstarter campaign for a generic "old school RPG", put forth in the backwash of the successful campaigns of PoE, Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun, which was an obvious attempt at grabbing money from nostalgic RPG fans without any idea of what the heck they were trying to make. Luckily that campaign failed.

Color me not impressed.

I love Paradox strategy games (and don't mind their DLC model either) but seeing them working with the Romeros is seriously off putting.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Well, Borderlands 3 will include xp and loot boosters in the "deluxe" and up editions (going up to a ridiculous 250 USD edition). Going to assume these will be purchasable with real money as well and until reviews roll in proving otherwise I'm just going to assume the grind is tuned to sell those things to people. Guess there should have been more outrage about the practice AC:O after all.

If the Epic thing wasn't enough reason to hold off (and the fact that I never managed to finish Borderlands 2, ;) ) this on its own would definitely be enough reason for me to toss this game onto the "wait-and-see" pile.

Inside Gaming link for reference:

Microtransactions in single-player games are pretty common these days, but a 'loot booster' is a goddamn disgrace. It was already hard to hunt down epic weapons in Borderlands 1 & 2, this way the chances of coming across an epic weapon without the said 'loot booster' are even less...

We just can't have nice things now, can we? Same as other games: wait for a sale or a 'complete edition'.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Or just don’t spend any money on anticonsumer practices ;) there is loads of games realeased every day.

• Like 1

Or just don’t spend any money on anticonsumer practices ;) there is loads of games realeased every day.

With the recent sanctions, I don't think I have much of a choice. ;)

My dad is paying my older brother a visit in Austria, I asked him to get me Fist of the Northstar: Paradise Lost. Let's hope he can find it.

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Personally I didn't care so much for Epic until they started 'devs will win store win store war nobody asked for', which way disrespectful, annoying & money-grabing. Then there's chance Solar Ash Kingdom might be either timed or full exclusive, which I personally want to play, but not that much.

Besides, I don't like how their paid fanboys are talking about We or Steam, like GOG doesn't exist & whole thing is just money grabbing.

I usually support everything Mamoulian says regarding buisness practices and such, but it still boggles my mind how such a respectful man could enjoy seeing 12 year olds dressed as strippers:

Neptunia_mk2_Cover_7283.jpg

:p

BL3 - well at least it seems like LAN is included. Don't care about these types of micro transactions since one can just not buy, like I don't have to buy orbs/anything else in DMC5 just to play/finish it.

I read that the Steam version of BL1 removed LAN (disc version had it) which sucks. But in that case you used to be able to run more than one instance of the game on the same PC (I did that to self-mule all the time) and I suppose they were too lazy to make it not work that way and removed it entirely for Steam.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, Borderlands 3 will include xp and loot boosters in the "deluxe" and up editions (going up to a ridiculous 250 USD edition). Going to assume these will be purchasable with real money as well and until reviews roll in proving otherwise I'm just going to assume the grind is tuned to sell those things to people. Guess there should have been more outrage about the practice AC:O after all.

The loot booster in AC: Odyssey is completely unnecessary unless you're obsessive compulsive about completing all upgrades but not obsessive compulsive about completing all map markers; and worried about time but not so worried that you don't just buy resources outright. You drown in loot, money and resources with no boosters, you'll just find it difficult to complete some entirely optional challenges like becoming #1, #1 mercenary or getting the top tier boat upgrades. The level scaling means you don't really get an advantage from a booster anyway.

I usually support everything Mamoulian says regarding buisness practices and such, but it still boggles my mind how such a respectful man could enjoy seeing 12 year olds dressed as strippers:Neptunia_mk2_Cover_7283.jpg

Well, Neptunia series is one of the few comedy games, without cheap toilet humour :p

Besides, to be honest all east asian ladies in age of 30+, which I know, all look younger than most of the 20 years old western ladies, so you should never judge them by looks ;)

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

I usually support everything Mamoulian says regarding buisness practices and such, but it still boggles my mind how such a respectful man could enjoy seeing 12 year olds dressed as strippers:Neptunia_mk2_Cover_7283.jpg

Well, Neptunia series is one of the few comedy games, without cheap toilet humour :p

Besides, to be honest all east asian ladies in age of 30+, which I know, all look younger than most of the 20 years old western ladies, so you should never judge them by looks ;)

That's also common with woman without kids & short women - they all look years younger to their child-having & tall counterparts.

Then you have Arisa Nakajima

Arisa_Nakajima_3.jpg

Who is 29 and has perpetually looked like she's 40, going all the way back to when she started wrestling in her teens.

In vidya game news, La Mulana 2 is coming to consoles in June (in Japan, anyway).

https://la-mulana.com/jp/l2/consoles.php

If a Linux port doesn't pop up shortly after, I'll just get the PS4 version once it's available in the west.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The folks at Sony headquarters have officially gone mental:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-04-sony-details-3drudder-foot-based-motion-controller-for-psvr

Yeah, it's on my to-play list. I think I have to resort to the PS4 remasters since the original PS3 version is harder to find. Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

Borderlands is a series I think I might be able to enjoy if it had no loot or any sort of inventory system at all, really. Fun art style, interesting classes, presumably solid shooting mechanics and physics, and all optimised for co-op which is my bag. I just hate inventory management.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

presumably solid shooting mechanics

Well.....

If shooting a whole bunch of sponges is your jam then sure, the shooting is solid. Otherwise weapons almost universally feel like they're shooting peas - unless you happen to find a gun that's just the right level, in which case the guns temporarily stop feeling like they're shooting peas, then you reach higher level quests and you are, yet again, shooting peas.

Granted, Borderlands 1's a lot worse in this than 2.

• Like 1

That Predator reference is awesome!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Borderlands is a series I think I might be able to enjoy if it had no loot or any sort of inventory system at all, really. Fun art style, interesting classes, presumably solid shooting mechanics and physics, and all optimised for co-op which is my bag. I just hate inventory management.

You presume incorrectly. The crappy gunplay and bullet sponge enemies are what turned me off the series. I like the world and characters, though.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The loot keeps things interesting, but I also found that I'd often develop a taste for just a handful of different types of weapons.

I think to other games with whimsical guns, and it's the diversity of zany mechanics that makes it so fun. Borderlands sort of emulates that by the fact that the procedurally generate theirs. But that means basically wading through a bunch of trash to get to the good stuff.

The other problem is that since guns are level based, as you progress you have to refresh your inventory so you may loose out on the ability to use the more exciting items. I like getting new options as a game goes on, but losing them honestly sucks.

It's why Ratchet & Clank is so damn fun all the way through, and Borderlands the weapons kind of fade into the background despite being one of the main selling points.