RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

BloodLines 2 is set in the new WoD, not the Gothic inspired one from the first game, right?

Any other major differences we should be aware of, other than art style?

Official website here, btw.

I notice there are 5 clans listed, and one bonus, so that's one less than the original Bloodlines. Wonder which one got axed, I hope it's not the Malkavians. But maybe some don't exist in the new WoD, kinda know nothing about it tbh (except that they moved away from the Gothic look, unfortunately)

The revised WoD setting is Vampire: The Requiem, isn't it?  Wouldn't them using "the Masquarade" indicate its set in the same world as the original game?

Yes. Vampire: The Masquerade has been (re-)continued, and the latest revision (v5) was released just last year. I'm not sure what's the status of the Requiem setting at this point, but I think both are active franchises at this point.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

BloodLines 2 is set in the new WoD, not the Gothic inspired one from the first game, right?

I notice there are 5 clans listed, and one bonus, so that's one less than the original Bloodlines. Wonder which one got axed, I hope it's not the Malkavians. But maybe some don't exist in the new WoD, kinda know nothing about it tbh (except that they moved away from the Gothic look, unfortunately)

Since it's Vampire Masquerade, the generations closer to the methuselas has disappeared and thinbloods are more prevalent. Looking at what they've written, you are one of these. It's possible that you were embraced by the Sabbat aswell since they are generally the ones that deal in mass embracing people, but I don't know if the Camarilla has done a 180 on this.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Since it's Vampire Masquerade, the generations closer to the methuselas has disappeared and thinbloods are more prevalent. Looking at what they've written, you are one of these. It's possible that you were embraced by the Sabbat aswell since they are generally the ones that deal in mass embracing people, but I don't know if the Camarilla has done a 180 on this.

The Anarchs work with random embraces as well. Even if it is just to spite the older vamps.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Seems like Chris Avellone is working on it.

At this point it'd be easier to list projects Chris Avellone is not working on. He has Into the Breach in his credits ffs.

So? He already worked with them on FTL:Advanced edition.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Anarchs work with random embraces as well. Even if it is just to spite the older vamps.

Sure, but nowhere near as much as the Sabbat, I'm just going for what I think is most likely.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Its VtM Version 5, the latest version. It's not The New World of Darkness (Chronicles of Darkness).

V5 starts in 2008 with the metaplot being Gehenna itself.

On a side note, you start as a THINBLOOD vampire, you are not part of the clans. You were created during a mass embrace by someone.

Edited by Vitalis

Sure, but nowhere near as much as the Sabbat, I'm just going for what I think is most likely.

First Bloodline game was rather ironic in this regard. Smiling Jack "mentors" you in the tutorial, while in the pen and paper he was known for embracing in camarilla cities and moving on to cause chaos.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bethesda is giving away free copies of Morrowind GOTY through their Bethesda.net launcher when using the code "TES25TH-MORROWIND" to celebrate 25 years of The Elder Scrolls.

Since they are apparently having some capacity issues they've extended the give-away through the weekend (worked just fine for me though).

Yeah, the tagline is pure gold. :lol:

Since the dawn of time, humankind has stared up at the cosmos with a mixture of trepidation and wonder. Turning our curious eyes toward the glittering stars speckled around our little blue planet, we have often asked ourselves the eternal question: 

Are we alone in this universe? What is out there? More importantly… can we bone it?

I appreciate the honesty, at least.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 2