Not only can I disarm them without officially 'noticing' them, but I am noticing them a heck of a lot less. Which is currently really annoying in BoW where I can't disarm the hole-in-the-ground traps.

Yeah i think disarming prior to revealing is a feature at this point. Its cool they have ways to allow players to spot them with their naked eye instead of math only. But spotting a trap is different than having know how to disarm the bastard.

I find traps more annoying when they are easily noticed and disarmed everytime. At that point just remove em. I also noticed bow traps were different and my trapper was able to spot them less far away. Better balance when traps were still spotted but from closer away. Gave them a degree of danger but mechanics still useful.

But spotting a trap is different than having know how to disarm the bastard.

I guess that's why the spotting is done via Perception (yours or your characters') and the disarming via Mechanics skill.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Unfortunately it doesn't work for all traps which is annoying. In general I'm not a fan of Perception is King in Deadfire as I stare at traps in front of me that can't be disarmed.

Edited by Verde