Play the Aristocrate background ? 

This is a call to all Role players , who find the background important enough to stop and muse which one they should pick .  ;)

Imagine if that background give you tie to the Queen..lol and you play as Amauna  :brows:

Plz share with me any insight , since I never played this background . How are the dialogues ? what do they tell you ? Do they speak of rich important relatives....far far away ? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

The dialogues are as with other backgrounds: a few special dialogue options and reactions here and there, but nothing as impactful as having ties to the queen or anything.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As i understand, our Watcher is already aristocrate, since he/she kicked out Gathbin's ass and recognized by sein of Dyrwood as a lawful ruler of Caed Nua. And yet our citadel has been destroyed, we still the ruler of our lands in Dyrwood.

Sadly, our new status a rarely have some impact in dialogues. I see a lot of wasted opportunities there, in terms of our character develompent.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

well of course they are small little interaction here and there , I'm aware of that . 

What race did you pick for aristorcrate ? which fit best ? 

I made an amauna + cipher + Aristocrate = feel weird . add to that my cipher is such a weakling...and a pistol+ sword = I dont get focus ? urgh 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

well of course they are small little interaction here and there , I'm aware of that . 

What race did you pick for aristorcrate ? which fit best ? 

I made an amauna + cipher + Aristocrate = feel weird . add to that my cipher is such a weakling...and a pistol+ sword = I dont get focus ? urgh 

It might not be as weird as you think: Onekaza is a Cipher, after all.

Focus generation is bleh early on but shines once you gain access to multi-hit stuff like the unique blunderbusses.

yeah , not saying Cipher suck or anything . It just one of those class that dont mesh with meh much  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

I didn't notice that much if a difference as an Aristocrat. A few snobby remarks here and there. Now Deadfire background, THAT'S the one to try. A discernable different experience, and one quite enjoyable after a few playthroughs.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

I didn't notice that much if a difference as an Aristocrat. A few snobby remarks here and there. Now Deadfire background, THAT'S the one to try. A discernable different experience, and one quite enjoyable after a few playthroughs.

yeah I picked that one for good measure  :yes:

Elderly Hive Dweller