The Outer Worlds won't launch on Steam

Im logging in for this because:

SERIOUSLY????????

You garner so much goodwill from the community,

you make it a POINT that there are no microtransactions “.

And then you taint ALL of it for a quick buck.

Never been so disappointed in your company and feel honestly like I’ve been taken for a ride.

Hopefully its a mistake/fake.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 7

Worth pointing out, the trailer specifically lists Steam as a platform. Things could change, of course, but given the tweet offers nothing to back up the claim and links to the wrong article, I'm inclined to believe this hasn't changed.

The trailer wouldn't be lying! It'll come to Steam, eventually.

Edited by Infinitron

Yep,if this happens, I'm definitely out. I realize saying so doesn't matter much, since Obs spurns these forums, but still worth saying to the audience.

Enjoy the higher percentage on lower sales.

I'm honestly surprised the MS overlords would allow this. Its another weird relationship with a third party that doesn't benefit them.

• Like 1

TOW's publisher is (a subsidiary of) Take-Two, not Obsidian. Put the pitchforks and torches away.

And by the way, PoliticallyCorrectGamesN is trash, and you shouldn't give them the clicks.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I will cross my fingers it'll be Epic exclusive.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And by the way, PoliticallyCorrectGamesN is trash, and you shouldn't give them the clicks.

I'm not really familiar with them, what's wrong with them?

The 'witty' pseudonym you've given them makes me think I'll probably find the reasons given laughable, but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

• Like 1

*IF* this story is true, there is no way in hell I buy this game.  And I've probably owned every Obsidian game made up to this point.

The Epic game launcher is literally spyware that data mines your PC, the first autocomplete suggestion if you google "epic launcher" is "spyware" lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not really familiar with them, what's wrong with them?

The 'witty' pseudonym you've given them makes me think I'll probably find the reasons given laughable, but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

Heh.

Beyond the fact that their editorial line is based on fellating publishers, Google and the other usual suspects, it's less of a news outlet than a place for their writers to throw their poorly sourced opinion pieces in. A few months ago there was this non-stop ranting about how crypto miners were destroying gaming for everyone, for example, disguised as hardware "news" articles.

It's also full of garbage clickbait "what do we know about X? Release date of X" articles that contain **** all about X, and amount to "we don't know jack squat about X". And they keep pushing those back to the front page every time there's the smallest bit of info about X released.

The website layout is atrocious for widescreen, but if you're not browsing from a phone, you're SOL.

The frequent virtue signaling is just the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think this is at all true but, regardless, you know what this reminds me of? (Where 'this' is people saying "I'll never an Obsidian game ever again!!1!!" )

It reminds of when Steam was new back in 2003/04. The ****storm that was kicked up over it was epic among nerds. Heh.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: