The Outer Worlds won't launch on Steam

Looks like pcgamesn tweet is gone, they are trashy click-bait writers who often don't know what they are talking about, their twiiter account has barely any traction.

Hopefully Obsidian see the good sense in not talking Epic's money, the backlash is not worth it. Fortnite kids are not going to buy into a game like The Outer Worlds, few are going to leave Steam and sign up to Epic's outlet.

This would be an easy story for the publisher to confirm/deny, but nobody has.  It's one of those things that's only blown up because of silence on the part of the people who can answer the question. 

Well, and because there has been a lot of internet controversy about the Epic launcher being really blatant spyware, and games like Metro Exodus and Phoenix Point going Epic exclusive out of nowhere after advertising Steam access.

Edited by sean10mm

The frequent virtue signaling is just the icing on the cake.

Get a load of this "alpha" male. Just because you're incapable of being a decent person, it doesn't mean that others are "faking" it.

Oh, look. Another slacktivist who believes he's changing the world, one furious post at a time.

Have you punched your daily nazi yet?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I love how people use the words "alpha male" as if it were something bad.

/sarcasm

Everyone knows it's best to be an early access male.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Epic Game store is the most awful platform out there, way worse comparing to any of its competitior, whether it's Uplay or Origin. The worst part is they are not trying to make their platform better, they are just trying to buy exclusive to force people use it, meanwhile bluffing about "helping" the developer. And on top of it being ****, I can't even buy a game from it just because I live in China. 

If Outer Worlds go there for the money I won't touch this game even when it comes back to steam a year later. Seriously, **** Epic Game store, the soon it rots in hell the better.

• Like 1

The dramatics to ensue will make today worth waking up for.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey Obsidian, this is probably a pipe dream, but how about you offer free Steam keys (when the game comes out on Steam) to people who buy the game on the Microsoft store? Or at least those who pre-order or buy a special edition or something. Would be a way to sweeten the pill.

• Like 2