Useful loading times?

Any word on how will they handle loading screens?

It would have been great to be able to access the menus while the game is loading in PoE, mainly the lore menus. It would have even help some understand more the game since they are kind of forced to read it or wait doing nothing.

Could you consider the suggestion or something similar if the plan was to do the same as in PoE?

• Like 1

This all depends on how long the loading times are going to be. If it's like under 10 seconds then I don't care what they do with the loading screen. I'd rather have them not put anything there to speed it up rather than to cater to some dude with a potato computer.

Edited by AeonsLegend

If it's like under 10 seconds

Did you play Pillars?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep and the loading times are fine for me. Not enough time to browse through other information. Imagine wanting to go from location to location quickly and the loading times were even longer because someone thought it'd be a good idea to make the loading screens interactive.

Even if needed to load i dont think some texts would add any significant time, but i was thinking of the menus loading separate or something so it doesnt really need to load between screens.

Texts are fine, but having an interactive loading screen is counter intuitive. And imagine the amount of people that will complain? I mean look at the loading screen niftiness Bioware pulled with Mass Effect. I kind of enjoyed the elevators and your party members bantering or just listening to the news cast. But damn, all hell rained down on that. People just wanted a still screen because they felt that it impacted loading times too much. Well it might have added 1 second of loading or something. That's the thing though. I feel that they should do their best to reduce loading times significantly so it isn't bothersome. If they do and it takes like 30 seconds or more to load then I'm ok with interactive loading screens.