Modwyr "Eager Lover" does nothing on spell hit.

DiabloStorm

Question

Before anybody says it only works when you use it in melee, what's the point of binding this to a certain class then? I have it bound to Wizard. It also doesn't specify melee. it simply says "+2% Action Speed on scoring Hit until end of combat. (Stacks up to 10 times)" Where is my action speed bonus? Not only do spells have ridiculous casting times but casters barely get anything to improve action speed??????? I surely hope this is a bug. Or if it's activating (with spells), shouldn't I see some type of buff icon on my character?

Edited by DiabloStorm

14 answers to this question

It's not a bug. Usually attack speed bonuses on weaprons are only for the use with said weapon. Makes sense if you ask me. Why would a nimble sword make you cast faster?

If it would be such an enchantment I would expect an explicit description like "speeds up all your actions" or something.

Same like in PoE by the way. Speed enchantment on weapons only worked for the weapon (except Spelltongue which had a more unusual description with Time Siphon).

Of course it's never a bad thing to be more precise with descriptions. Having something like "... for attacks with this weapon" would be nice.

The last part about casters is extreme hyperbole and also not correct.

Icon would be nice.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's not a bug. Usually attack speed bonuses on weaprons are only for the use with said weapon. Makes sense if you ask me. Why would a nimble sword make you cast faster?

If it would be such an enchantment I would expect an explicit description like "speeds up all your actions" or something.

Same like in PoE by the way. Speed enchantment on weapons only worked for the weapon (except Spelltongue which had a more unusual description with Time Siphon).

Of course it's never a bad thing to be more precise with descriptions. Having something like "... for attacks with this weapon" would be nice.

Icon would be nice.

Why am I able to fulfill the upgrades through spellcasts then? Also, every enchant affecting action speed (that I have obtained in game so far) does absolutely nothing for spells. Both Flurry and Eager Lover do nothing.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Icon would be nice.

Why am I able to fulfill the upgrades through spellcasts then?

because that's how many soulbound weapons work? this is how it sometimes worked in PoE1, too.

Icon would be nice.

Why am I able to fulfill the upgrades through spellcasts then?

because that's how many soulbound weapons work? this is how it sometimes worked in PoE1, too.

Weren't you the one suggesting I read descriptions like a lawyer?

No, that was thelee.

I suggested less hyperbole and emotions but more reason. ;)

You stated that a problem of Deadfire's rules is that they are not like in PoE's. Here we have a case where they are. So what's the reason for complaint?

That the description is not detailed enough? The descriptions are not good enough, but they are better than in PoE.

I can't count how many times I answered the question if the speed enchantment on weapons in PoE is universal or not.

I understand and agree that the descriptions could be better and more precise - but there is zero rational reason to rant about this if you were fine with the same mechanics in PoE. 

Sober feedback and constructive criticsim on descriptions, tooltips etc. are more than welcome if you ask me - because I think it's the weakest spot of both pillars games.

Edited by Boeroer

No, that was thelee.

I suggested less hyperbole and emotions but more reason. ;)

You stated that a problem of Deadfire's rules is that they are not like in PoE's. Here we have a case where they are. So what's the reason for complaint?

That the description is not detailed enough? The descriptions are not good enough, but they are better than in PoE.

I can't count how many times I answered the question if the speed enchantment on weapons in PoE is universal or not.

I understand and agree that the descriptions could be better and more precise - but there is zero rational reason to rant about this if you were fine with the same mechanics in PoE. 

Sober feedback and constructive criticsim on descriptions, tooltips etc. are more than welcome if you ask me - because I think it's the weakest spot of both pillars games.

I was never okay with cryptic descriptions in either game and yes, thelee, that's why I quoted him.

Also:

64YHPHr.png

Huh...imagine that

Edited by DiabloStorm

Oh sorry, I didn't see that thelee answered. Saw my quote and somehow overlooked that. :oops:

Yeah - but "+x% speed with weapons" would not work on Modwyr since it would suggest it would also works with other weapons (in offhand or after a switch or whatever). Also on gloves you might want to be more specific since they can't profit from a speed enchantment themselves like weapon can.

Best would have been to include a general "for attacks with this weapon" - like it's added for some other enchantments. Would make things a lot clearer.  

Edited by Boeroer

Oh sorry, I didn't see that thelee answered. Saw my quote and somehow overlooked that. :oops:

Yeah - but "+x% speed with weapons" would not work on Modwyr since it would suggest it would also works with other weapons (in offhand or after a switch or whatever).

Best would have been to include a general "for attacks with this weapon" - like it's added for some other enchantments. Would make things a lot clearer.  

I agree, but the picture was more along the lines of an example that obsidian didn't have to be lazy with their descriptions if they didn't want to.

They are doing a lot of patching and balancing after release. Parts of the descriptions are getting generated to keep the descriptions up to date. But generated stuff can't be too specific. This means the more precise a description is the more likely you have to alter it after a patch. Altering descriptions isn't a big problem if you are only deploying an English version, but it's horrible if you have a lot of localized versions. If I'm right it's not a matter of laziness but a matter of resources and costs.

They are doing a lot of patching and balancing after release. Parts of the descriptions are getting generated to keep the descriptions up to date. But generated stuff can't be too specific. This means the more precise a description is the more likely you have to alter it after a patch. Altering descriptions isn't a big problem if you are only deploying an English version, but it's horrible if you have a lot of localized versions. If I'm right it's not a matter of laziness but a matter of resources and costs.

It seems like more work to have to go back and do things twice instead of the right way the first time. Most vague descriptions are lacking number values, which is universal and not limited by language so much. I can understand keeping some things vague is perhaps a way to prevent rewriting things if game changes are made but Is there no way to have descriptions tie into and reflect the actual mechanical values or would the current way they have things imply they're stuck manually typing the descriptions (thus the vagueness) like cavemen? That seems like really bad implementation or does the game engine just suck?

Weren't you the one suggesting I read descriptions like a lawyer?

i was, but it's a rule of thumb, not an absolute rule.

most unique weapon effects only apply to the weapon itself, as you're probably figuring out. soulbound weapons sometimes but not always have flexible unlocking requirements. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i merely pointed out the PoE1 comparison because you seem to draw a direct comparison to PoE1 in your other posts, and ISTR soulbound weapons functioning similarly (having unlock requirements that might be met with spells but unlocks effect specific to the weapon)

Edited by thelee

It'a mess with descriptions, becose all Action Speed bonuses is actually implemented trough status effects with "StatusEffectType": "AttackSpeedMultiplier".

But in fact, this AttackSpeedMultiplier affects both attack and recovery/reload times.

Edited by Phenomenum