False level of the enemy in a bestiary.

Ontos

Question

All my characters were level 9. I killed some skuldrak. Skuldrak had several skulls above his head, 1,2,3 and even 3 red. That means I killed a skuldrak (9+4) of at least level 13 skuldrak. But in the bestiary (there, given the level of creatures, the largest of all the dead, right?) specified skuldrak level 9!
And so - with all beings. Everywhere in the bestiary, the level of the creatures I've killed is underestimated.
I play with the setting "level match - only increase - all".
post-211017-0-29180100-1552576568_thumb.jpg
post-211017-0-92395900-1552576510_thumb.jpg
post-211017-0-62964400-1552576497_thumb.jpg

You can load the save. Win the battle against skuldraks c 2 and 3 skulls (i.e. they must be higher by level 2 and 3 in relation to my heroes level 9). Enter the bestiary. And see what is still there specified skuldrak level 9!

post-211017-0-62964400-1552576497_thumb.jpg

post-211017-0-92395900-1552576510_thumb.jpg

post-211017-0-29180100-1552576568_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Those Skuldraks do indeed have base level 9.

They would be level 13... if your party was level 13 with upscaling on.

Or if your party was level 9, with upscaling on, and you spawned them via console.

So most likely it's the problem with those skulls.

Those Skuldraks do indeed have base level 9.

They would be level 13... if your party was level 13 with upscaling on.

Or if your party was level 9, with upscaling on, and you spawned them via console.

So most likely it's the problem with those skulls.

i don't know specifically how the game works undreneath, but my understanding is that creature upscaling happens based on the encounter. so it's possible those skuldraks got upscaled even at level 9 if the encounter itself was a lower level and had a few skuldraks. (this is mostly an educated guess based on what i've seen)

also: why would console spawning a creature automatically upscale them?

i don't know specifically how the game works undreneath, but my understanding is that creature upscaling happens based on the encounter. so it's possible those skuldraks got upscaled even at level 9 if the encounter itself was a lower level and had a few skuldraks. (this is mostly an educated guess based on what i've seen)

Tbh I am not aware of such thing like encounter level.

I do know though that everyone has baseLevel which is adjusted according to specific table rules, if you have scaling enabled.

Also, I've seen a post on these forums somewhere, that this adjustment happens when the creature is added to scene for the first time. I remember wondering: so I can have upscaling on, but visit the locations of interest as soon as possible; and thus prevent their upscaling when I come back later?

also: why would console spawning a creature automatically upscale them?

I suppose that when adding enemies via console, the game doesn't check player's level properly, and maximally scales enemies up. And in unmodded game the upscale limit is +4 levels; thus they get +4 levels.

P.S. There was a post here by giftmefood, who had Dorudugan with +12 extra defenses and +1 AR. Turned out he was spawning him via console.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1