Am I forced to join Principi in endgame?

Hello guys, I'd like to ask you one questionk, please answer without spoling the plot ;)  

I've defeated Lucia Rivan and her crew and obtained her ghost ship. After that I've spoken with Principi chief (he wanted that ship in order to reach Ukaizo) and all the possibilities of joining another faction are closed now, and Principi faction is waiting for me in order to start the travel to Ukaizo.

Can I go to Ukaizo alone or am I forced to join Principi?

Thanks in advance ;)

I think all you need is a ship with the sail and hull upgrade.

There is a check for specific upgrades: Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull.

Also you need a rank 3+ helmsman and rank 3+ deck hand.

P.S. It doesn't matter what ship to use.

I think all you need is a ship with the sail and hull upgrade.

There is a check for specific upgrades: Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull.

Also you need a rank 3+ helmsman and rank 3+ deck hand.

P.S. It doesn't matter what ship to use.

The OP got Fonferrus, sails and stuff does not matter.

• Like 1

Well, you also have to know exactly where you're going

Uhuh, just like the opposing faction will be waiting for you after you come back. Nah it's total nonsense, you don't have to know anything to go to Ukaizo. If you pay attention during your playthrough, multiple factions will already have leads on Ukaizo and where it is. I've said this before but your participation in its discovery is inconsequential. The fact that Eothas is going there is inconsequential. People would have discovered it very soon and found the wheel themselves. It's kinda stupid.

Well, you also have to know exactly where you're going

Uhuh, just like the opposing faction will be waiting for you after you come back. Nah it's total nonsense, you don't have to know anything to go to Ukaizo. If you pay attention during your playthrough, multiple factions will already have leads on Ukaizo and where it is. I've said this before but your participation in its discovery is inconsequential. The fact that Eothas is going there is inconsequential. People would have discovered it very soon and found the wheel themselves. It's kinda stupid.

Yep and you and I have had this convo before I think.

What bothered me was in my Wael playthrough I gave the vague 'well follow me!' And suddenly everyone knows Ukaizo is beyond Ondra's Mortar. The solution is to not pick that dialogue option, but you know what I mean :)

If you reported back to Principi and they said they will be waiting for you to go to Ukaizo then the choice has already been made - you need to reload the save from before reporting back, after taking over the ship. 

Yeah, this is the point I am now: the choice has been made and I cannot join other factions except Princpi, but, at that point, can I ignore Principi faction and go to Ukaizo alone without being involved with Principi?

I don't want to help Principi ;)

Edited by juanval

If you reported back to Principi and they said they will be waiting for you to go to Ukaizo then the choice has already been made - you need to reload the save from before reporting back, after taking over the ship. 

Yeah, this is the point I am now: the choice has been made and I cannot join other factions except Princpi, but, at that point, can I ignore Principi faction and go to Ukaizo alone without being involved with Principi?

If you reported back with the quest and they said that they will be waiting for you by the Ondra's Mortar then no - you will trigger endgame as an ally of Principi. 

• Like 1

If you reported back with the quest and they said that they will be waiting for you by the Ondra's Mortar then no - you will trigger endgame as an ally of Principi. 

Well. That will be the story: to help the principi. Thanks to all for your fast answers.

I started the game on may and I have played 195 hours and I'm at the middle of the second DLC. What a incredible game. :dancing:

• Like 1

Well. That will be the story: to help the principi. Thanks to all for your fast answers.

I started the game on may and I have played 195 hours and I'm at the middle of the second DLC. What a incredible game. :dancing:

You clocked 195 hours on one playthrough? How??? I have 291 hours and it includes 50 hours of beta, one full playthrough with DLC, one almost full playthrough without DLCs, and a good chunk of third playthrough.

You clocked 195 hours on one playthrough? How??? I have 291 hours and it includes 50 hours of beta, one full playthrough with DLC, one almost full playthrough without DLCs, and a good chunk of third playthrough.

I don't know :biggrin: . I like to travel with the boat and read items, and I haven't had problems losing too much time repeating combats that I can't overcome.

Now I have 210 hours played and only half of 2nd DLC.

I started the campaign on may. I stopped playing until september when I started the first DLC and do some exploration. In december I resumed the campaign and I experienced problems with AI in combat and stopped. In february I did interesting combats and completed all exploration and half of 2nd DLC.

Now I've stopped playing and I'll play the campaign for the 5th time later :biggrin:

Edited by juanval