Maybe silly questoin - Full Map of Eora?

Is there a full map of Eora?  I can't find one - so where the heck is the Deadfire Archipelago located in relation to the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood, and The Vallian Republic?

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

^ There is also Order of the Obsidian Writers)

Josh has mentioned in one of the articles, that they avoid specifying exact locations and borders/outlines until they add them to the game itself, in order to not limit themselves in the future.

P.S. There are a few more map variants: one and two:

AOoxU8y.png

Source

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Josh has mentioned in one of the articles, that they avoid specifying exact locations and borders/outlines until they add them to the game itself, in order to not limit themselves in the future.

Great. I wonder if in PoE 3 Josh will reveal to us the main secret, secured by Occult Hand: Eora is flat. Or donut - no limitations at all.

i4f9vfhgh1621.jpg

And the sun of Eora is not a sun, actually - it's a light bulb of Sawyer's genius.

And when the evil god Feargus coming to crush the balance, the night is coming. But after a long fight Josh restores the balance and the light bulb of genius rises with new dawn. Everyday.

The end.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 4

So honest question, where is Magran's teeth??  Away from the White that Wends.  Also known as the windy white.

Between Deadfire and Rauatai, i believe.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2019 at 12:26 AM, MaxQuest said:

^ There is also Order of the Obsidian Writers)

P.S. There are a few more map variants: one and two:

AOoxU8y.png

Source

Climatically and possibly also culturally I would think the Eastern Reach and Rautai would be swapped, so that the colder areas of the Eastern Reach are further from the equator and Ruatai is close to the Deadfire archipelago which would make sense given the cultural and ethnic ties between Ruatai and the Deadfire.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, Phenomenum said:

Great. I wonder if in PoE 3 Josh will reveal to us the main secret, secured by Occult Hand: Eora is flat. Or donut - no limitations at all.

i4f9vfhgh1621.jpg

And the sun of Eora is not a sun, actually - it's a light bulb of Sawyer's genius.

And when the evil god Feargus coming to crush the balance, the night is coming. But after a long fight Josh restores the balance and the light bulb of genius rises with new dawn. Everyday.

The end.

Finally my time has come to shine! Here comes the scientist:

A flat world and a torus are the same, at least when you look at topology ( a part of mathematics where you look at shapes without regarding distances and angles, the most simple thing you can do is counting how many holes a shape has). Take a rectangular piece of paper and glue together the left and the right side as well as the upper and the lower side. The result will be a torus. In every game with a rectangular world map were you come out on the left side when you always go right ( same for up/down) you are playing on a torus world.

A sphere is different than a torus because it has no hole. On a torus it always takes the same distance to come back to your starting position when you always walk right, no matter where you start. On a shere the distance to reach your starting position when walking east is different, depending on how much north/south you are.

Of course things look different when flat means the world actually has an end. Then we get this problem: Where does all the water and air come from that falls over the edge?

PS: Secret of Mana has a world map without edge and you can look at the world map as a normal map and as a globe. How did they do this?

PPS: When scientists say our univers is flat, it means it could be a hypertorus but not a hypersphere. If you always fly straight in any direction you might come back to where you start. But the universe is expanding and it is already so huge that the solar system would probably not exist anymore in the unlikely event that you actually manage to come back by always flying straight ahead.

• Like 1