Which did you enjoy more, Poe or Poe2?

I would have loved to like NWN and was really looking forward to it at the time, but the 3D graphics were such a disappointment. After about ten minutes it was nothing but repetition. This is what I like about the isometric stuff: each screen is actually unique, whereas in an NWN-style 3D game nothing is, everything is just rearrangments of the same tilesets.

The NWN official campaign also contained some horrible oversights. Like, you could (obviously) play a rogue but almost nobody actually carried anything you could steal. Boy, that hurt.

Edited by xzar_monty

I haven't played the new content , been busy with life and all that . 

That said , I also havent played Deadfire since I finished my 1st playtrough and after that..I tried many times to start over and I just couldn't bring myself to . 

Something , I had no trouble doing back in PO1 . Why? because it is story driven . And thats what I was looking forward to in PO2 , especially with that misleading Trailer that I kept showing to everyone I know and say ''it gonna be so greaaaat!'' . Well it wasn't so great . The story is so freaking short...you would think its a fallout game...urgh . 

Here hoping if they make a third game , they go back to STORY and less WONDERINGEXPLORINGOPENWORLD and dealing with factions and blah blah . 

the cc and combat was great and so were the companions and all that though in PO2 . But PO1 companions and atmosphere was better though . They were more memorable . They painted a great dark world and all , so they can do it again . I miss the grieving mother  ;(

• Like 5
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Open World is something that's totally overrated anyway in my opinion. Doesn't even help with replayability that much at least for me. In the worst case I feel lost and don't know what to do next or don't feel motivated to go into a certain direction.

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Just started another playtrough of Pillars 1 and noticed two things:

1. Pillars 2 a far superior in many ways - UI, mechanics, writing (IMHO), RP possibilities, faction quests, encounter design and many many more.

2. But those Pillars 1 atmosphere is something special to me - dark, mysterious, uncharted... Just wow. Pillars 2 lacks the same.

P.S. And about Open World. I see many complains here, on forum, about the "islands is not interesting, they are all the same one-level dungeon..." and so on. Guys (and girls) are you forgot about a huge number of "filler" maps in PoE 1? Maps like Easternwood, Magrans crossings, Woodend plains and so on - just areas with enemies sitting and waiting for you.

I prefer PoE 2 islands. At least we have some small (and some interesting) side quests and scripted interactions.

In the worst case I feel lost and don't know what to do next or don't feel motivated to go into a certain direction.

Emm... man, but what about real life? I'm start worry about you :grin:

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

Open World is something that's totally overrated anyway in my opinion. Doesn't even help with replayability that much at least for me. In the worst case I feel lost and don't know what to do next or don't feel motivated to go into a certain direction.

Have you played Ultima IV and V? Both are old and dated, no question, and depending on your age, you might have not have had any impetus to even try them (which again is perfectly fine), but I still regard both as superb examples of Open World CRPGs.

What I particularly liked about Ultima IV was that at the beginning of the game, you kind of didn't even know what to do, the world was just there. It was amazing (at the time) and a totally new take on computer gaming.

There's one thing that baffles me a bit: technology has taken huge leaps since those times, but even some of the newest CRPGs do not contain the kind of subtleties that these two titles had. As an example, in Ultima V, there is a resistance movement working against the prevailing government, and it holds meetings in a certain place at a certain time. At other times, its members are either working on the fields, sleeping, eating at an inn or doing the kind of everyday things people do. So, you might visit their small village, look around, talk to people and leave without realising that there's anything out of the ordinary going on. It's a lovely feature that the modern games, for all their technological prowess, very rarely have. I mean, even in Deadfire, way over 90 per cent of the population just stand around in one place through the entire game.

@Monty it's something that really bothers me about Deadfire, that we still have RPGs that are released with NPCs being placed permanently in positions. Bounty Hunters for example never moving even after their contracts are exhausted. Merchants never leaving. In my opinion it's laziness at worst and inconsistency at best bc there are vendors that leave at night. It's another example of Deadfire being married to the archaic ways of old. Witcher was a game that created bustling, alive cities very well, and that was more of an undertaking since they were in 3D and much bigger. I think Obs has the ability to move this genre forward significantly, which I think they are doing or have done in certain circumstances (like item upgrades which really shine in Deadfire).

Edited by Verde

Precisely. That's a big problem. Especially if you consider that this side of the game was done a whole lot better in 1988 on a computer with "38911 bytes free", as its opening screen famously pointed out.

I think it's a combination of laziness ("nah, we won't bother") and complacency ("this is how it's been done in the genre, why change it"), and the result is not good.

In Po2, I keep getting this sense that one faction, one sequence of quest progression, one endgame choice is THE right choice, the writer's favorite choice.

It really surprised me in finale. All factions were more or less equal in good/bad things in their politics and then Ruatai suddenly tells me: go drown one city block in blood while we bomb civilians in another. And I was "What?! Are you crazy, no sane person will agree to do this."

It was like writer decided to tell me: 

No matter they are right about incompetent Huana leadership that hurts its own citizens more then helps. No matter they have a point about how stupid it is to mine Luminous Adra.

They are bad! Militaristic countries are bad! Invasions are bad! 

Look how bad they truly are! 

With same level of subtlety.

what would you expect

militaristic thugs decide to annex deadfire with nice word cute bird and power of friendship?

if not war then coup

it's only reasonable

Putting bullet in her head since she likes her terrace so much would be reasonable.

Bombing docks full of civilians including some friendly/neutral to Ruatai elements is "Muahaha evil"  level of bad writing where only author's intent is to show how bad militaristic countries are.

Also, Onekaza had no problems with allowing Watcher close enough to murder her. Player is in position where he do not even need distraction for this.

Edited by Daidre

There was so much potential in this part. We could make some tricky plans depending whether Onekaza likes Watcher enough or not to let near, or use Maya for this and have her agree/disagree depending on her character quest result.  Or even something cool like Maya shooting queen only to meet disappointed Kana back in HQ.

Instead we can murder anyone involved and only quest giver will notice.

For me this detracts from game a lot - Deadfire avoids to involve party members in main plot/quests/dialogues to any noticeable effect with excuse that you can kick out everyone and go solo or with merc team. It also avoids like plague any meaningful C&C that results in more then one line of dialogue or end slide.

It was same in POE too but less glaring since companions were not attached to factions.

Edited by Daidre

I haven't played the new content , been busy with life and all that . 

That said , I also havent played Deadfire since I finished my 1st playtrough and after that..I tried many times to start over and I just couldn't bring myself to . 

Something , I had no trouble doing back in PO1 . Why? because it is story driven . And thats what I was looking forward to in PO2 , especially with that misleading Trailer that I kept showing to everyone I know and say ''it gonna be so greaaaat!'' . Well it wasn't so great . The story is so freaking short...you would think its a fallout game...urgh . 

Here hoping if they make a third game , they go back to STORY and less WONDERINGEXPLORINGOPENWORLD and dealing with factions and blah blah . 

the cc and combat was great and so were the companions and all that though in PO2 . But PO1 companions and atmosphere was better though . They were more memorable . They painted a great dark world and all , so they can do it again . I miss the grieving mother  ;(

This pretty much sums up my opinion. Deadfire has the better body but POE has the better soul.

• Like 2

In the worst case I feel lost and don't know what to do next or don't feel motivated to go into a certain direction.

Emm... man, but what about real life? I'm start worry about you :grin:

Haha! As if real life is anything like an open world... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

POE1 has a better main quest IMO, Deadfire's is short, Eothas and the gods are too vague and irritating as major players, the hunt for Theos was at least a compelling mystery. 

I think the feel of the POE1 is just better, Deadfire kind of feels like a pretty dark game that's trying to be more campy and joyful but fails. POE1 is a dark game with the occasional light-hearted or comedic moment.  The companions are better in the first game because there isn't the terrible relationship system which basically just results in companions getting upset over anything you say that doesn't support their worldview. Pallegina and Maia are too faction focused and feel less like a unique person and more like cheerleaders for their faction, I think this is just because the game is so focused on factions but its a shame because Pallegina didn't feel like that in the first game. The companions in general are just meh in deadfire and a lot of the more interesting ones are just sidekicks eg Ydwin, Rekke, Vatnir, even Mirke and Fassina are better then Aloth and Xoti in deadfire. Aloth and Pallegina were both more interesting and less annoying in the first game and Eder is more or less the same but with a less interesting quest. I do think Tekehu is a great character though. 

Deadfire looks better (like really the art style in this game is amazing), The combat is more fun now it's been patched, it has portraits and VO for most characters which helps make a lot of the minor characters more memorable. I do like the factions on the whole, I had some problems with how they were handled but each have interesting characters and interesting quests. This is a lot better than any of the factions in the first game but then that game didn't focus the majority of it's content on factions. Deadfire has subclasses and multiclassing and this just makes character creation a lot more fun. Though it's a shame for casters (other than wizards) that you now can only pick two or three spells per power level. 

Neketaka is amazing as a main city where as POE1 has Defiance Bay which is ok but generic and Twin Elms which is an interesting setting but felt underdone. 

POE1 had better dungeon crawling but I kind of prefer the island exploration to having a mega dungeon and a few other large dungeons. The ship micromanaging > Caed Nua micromanaging though neither is the best thing ever the ship's feels a lot more rewarding if you bother with it. Loot is better in deadfire too, there's a lot more of it and upgrading it is better as well. 

I think I on the whole enjoyed the side quests in deadfire more but it's close, The DLC in deadfire is more varied but I would have preferred larger DLCs so I think it kind of matches the first game. Deadfire is just a more interesting setting, with more varied cultures and more memorable characters. Both games have different strengths but I'd say I prefer Deadfire considering everything. 

Edited by Mikeymoonshine

Neketaka is amazing as a main city where as POE1 has Defiance Bay which is ok but generic and Twin Elms which is an interesting setting but felt underdone.

POE1 had better dungeon crawling but I kind of prefer the island exploration to having a mega dungeon and a few other large dungeons. The ship micromanaging > Caed Nua micromanaging though neither is the best thing ever the ship's feels a lot more rewarding if you bother with it. Loot is better in deadfire too, there's a lot more of it and upgrading it is better as well.

forgot if i already mentioned it, but twin elms: yeah, i remember being disappointed by twin elms. I mean, I guess objectively there's still a lot to do there, but it always felt "thinner" than defiance bay. also there were factions there, but they were even more thinly sketched out than defiance bay and that's saying quite a bit.

and ugh, don't remind me about caed nua. that stronghold was just a pointless money sink that was mostly annoying ("you can either stop what you're doing to fight a bunch of low-level skeletons, or let them destroy like five structures") and pretty much bug ridden (at some point in patch history, caed nua vendors stopped restocking, making them pretty useless). ship stronghold is a much better experience and while making it opt-in probably meant that developer time to ship combat got starved, it is way way better than "hey you just finished that last encounter, but your scouts have seen yet another army of skeletons approaching the stronghold, i hope you weren't planning on doing anything interesting in tonight's play session."

• Like 1

I'm probably weird in that I preferred the relative mechanical simplicity of POE1 (figuring out what's additive, what isn't, and how the non-additive stuff actually works is a lot for my limited math skills and the new skill system at times feels excessively granular). Worldbuilding-wise though I vastly prefer the second game, I appreciate the willingness to get away from old school fantasy standards even if sometimes it doesnt feel like enough.

The ship is also a much, much better base of operation than Caed Nua.

• Like 1

and ugh, don't remind me about caed nua. that stronghold was just a pointless money sink that was mostly annoying ("you can either stop what you're doing to fight a bunch of low-level skeletons, or let them destroy like five structures") and pretty much bug ridden (at some point in patch history, caed nua vendors stopped restocking, making them pretty useless).

Speaking of the stronghold: I'm actually replaying PoE1 now -- which I thought I'd never do -- to get a continuous story from the start of PoE all the way to the end of Deadfire.

And boy did I get a nice problem with the stronghold. It's not a bug, as such, I'd say, but it's really, really stupid anyway and shows how badly the strondhold stuff works.

At Ondra's Gift, there's a quest called Supply and Demand, the culprit of which is called Aefre. Now, if you have the prison built at your stronghold, you can imprison Aefre instead of killing him. I decided to do that, just to try things out. So we fight, he surrenders, I take him as a prisoner. He's instantly teleported into the prison, apparently. And then, immediately after that, during my walk from Aefre's dwelling to Salty Mast to report Aefre's capture to Maea and complete the quest -- yes, during a walk across a district in Defiance Bay -- Aefre escapes from his prison cell in my stronghold, at which point I can't finish the quest. I can only reply "Not yet" to Maea's question about whether I have found Aefre.

Now that is really, really bad from Obsidian. On so many levels, as they say.

Edited by xzar_monty

(figuring out what's additive, what isn't, and how the non-additive stuff actually works is a lot for my limited math skills and the new skill system at times feels excessively granular).

it might be an extremely rude surprise to you that PoE1 also had a lot of confusing and unintuitive aspects to its systems (the various ways in which different action speed/recovery speed boosts worked was the subject of a gigantic spreadsheet that was posted somewhere). but i guess we didn't have to deal with inversions then. if you can get over the inversions hurdle, i think deadfire is generally more transparent and clear about how things work (especially stacking rules, which mostly work as per general outlines, whereas with poe1 it was frequently mysterious when it came to active effects... suppressing triumph of the crusaders because i drank a minor potion of regeneration?? huh???).

He's instantly teleported into the prison, apparently. And then, during my walk from Aefre's dwelling to Salty Mast to report Aefre's capture to Maea and complete the quest -- yes, during a walk across a district in Defiance Bay -- Aefre escapes from his prison cell in my stronghold, at which point I can't finish the quest. I can only reply "Not yet" to Maea's question about whether I have found Aefre.

boy, the prisoner part of the stronghold--i completely forgot about that, probably because i repressed the memory. i'd say more than half the time i took someone prisoner, they would almost immediately escape! if i was "lucky" an animancer would come by before a jailbreak and i would sell them the prisoner for a paltry amount of pocket change (less than what i think even an exceptional item sells for). in the end i just ended up killing everyone or reporting them to the more proper authorities.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I think Eothas stepped on one of my prisoners, that poor baron ... I always meant to release him but I only got one chance to sell him back to his relatives.  After that all options were done I think, or maybe I just refused to release him hoping for some extra cash.  I never had anyone escape!! I didn't even know that was a thing.

• Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

and ugh, don't remind me about caed nua. that stronghold was just a pointless money sink that was mostly annoying ("you can either stop what you're doing to fight a bunch of low-level skeletons, or let them destroy like five structures") and pretty much bug ridden (at some point in patch history, caed nua vendors stopped restocking, making them pretty useless). 

In Deadfire I still remember half of my money regularly disappearing on the game load as hundreds of days of sailors wages months after release. Have they ever fixed this?

And this is in the same playthrough where end boss never appeared. Not to mention regular crashes, memory leak and constant statters on high tier nvidia GPU that obsidian have a pinned post about and never tried to fix.

Even comparing 2 games from purely technical standpoint, first POE was ridden with small bugs too but never had such a horrible issues for a long time. 

Edited by Daidre

(figuring out what's additive, what isn't, and how the non-additive stuff actually works is a lot for my limited math skills and the new skill system at times feels excessively granular).

it might be an extremely rude surprise to you that PoE1 also had a lot of confusing and unintuitive aspects to its systems (the various ways in which different action speed/recovery speed boosts worked was the subject of a gigantic spreadsheet that was posted somewhere). but i guess we didn't have to deal with inversions then. if you can get over the inversions hurdle, i think deadfire is generally more transparent and clear about how things work (especially stacking rules, which mostly work as per general outlines, whereas with poe1 it was frequently mysterious when it came to active effects... suppressing triumph of the crusaders because i drank a minor potion of regeneration?? huh???).

He's instantly teleported into the prison, apparently. And then, during my walk from Aefre's dwelling to Salty Mast to report Aefre's capture to Maea and complete the quest -- yes, during a walk across a district in Defiance Bay -- Aefre escapes from his prison cell in my stronghold, at which point I can't finish the quest. I can only reply "Not yet" to Maea's question about whether I have found Aefre.

boy, the prisoner part of the stronghold--i completely forgot about that, probably because i repressed the memory. i'd say more than half the time i took someone prisoner, they would almost immediately escape! if i was "lucky" an animancer would come by before a jailbreak and i would sell them the prisoner for a paltry amount of pocket change (less than what i think even an exceptional item sells for). in the end i just ended up killing everyone or reporting them to the more proper authorities.

You are quite right about the paltry amount of pocket change. I have had offers of 200 (!), 750 (poor) and 2000 (ok, that's something at least).

Speaking of paltry amounts of pocket change, yesterday I killed the adra dragon and honestly could not believe -- even on this second time -- how poorly executed the dragon's hoard was. I mean, this was paradoxical and foolish beyond belief. There's a clickable question mark there in the hoard, and it says something along the lines of "You push your arm all the way into the gold and never reach the bottom". Fair enough, that's a proper hoard. There are also four spots where you can pick stuff from. Three of these contain copper pieces. You can pick 400+, 700+ and 500+ pieces. In other words, nothing, nothing at all. And yet the screen shows you in the middle of all this treasure.

I would also argue that the dragon's hoard is a major disappointment in another way, too: by the time you get there, it's pretty certain that none of the items found will interest you. They're totally unexceptional. I did take one of them as a secondary weapon for Durance, but that's it, all the others were instant trash.

This kind of thing can be shockingly bad in these Obsidian titles, I'd really like to hear the developers even try to justify this.

=============================================================
ENURALE’S DETAILED “PILLARS OF ETERNITY 1 AND 2” COMPARISSION

TO BE CONTINUED - NOT COMPLETE YET.
=============================================================

Which did you enjoy more, Poe or Poe2?
This question really important for everyone and it potentially can affect future of game, in that case ill give an extended answer.

This article consists of three parts, the PROS of POE1, PROS of POE2, BETWEEN POE1and2. While these two games were so important for the continuation and existence of this genre (imo, at least), i was reluctant to use the words “cons”, "bad" or "negative".

PROS OF POE 1:
========================================================

1 – STORY: Winner, POE1

WHY POE1?
In POE1, from the first time we met Biawac, the game was drawing us in with its main story. After this stage, a chain of curiosity and uncertainty never left us until the last moment, we had dozens of questions in our minds. After learning that we were both awakened and watchers, there were tons of situations to solve. Mystical machines, other watchers, a mysterious castle, deep organizations, a completely different perspective on the soul, the creation of the gods, the eccentric enemies and friends. The main story and task of the game contained dozens of steps and its mystery newer left us till the very end.

SO, POE2?
In fact, considering the overall content of the game and its total content, POE 2 has a privileged quality compared to many other RPG games. However, the main story is extremely limited and predictable. To summarize the main story: to find the first stone, to find the second stop of Eothas, to find and talk to his third stop, to prepare and meet his last stop and the story ends here. There is no other step, and all stages are similar, just a little more questions are answered each time. The is only one main question! Why he doing this and what we can change? The first game can never be summarized in this way with only one question.

2 – CHARACTERS AND PARTY: Winner POE1

WHY POE 1?
Many people will join me, and so many people will not agree with this. But in the first game all companions had a colorful past, and they felt the effects of the past deeply. The companions had a lot of pain, joy and regret that affected their past and present, and that would affect their future. If you want me to tell you the history of the companions in the first game and their future goals, I can tell you a book full of stories.

Also in the both games, there are many curious characters outside the companions; like Thaos, Iovora, Raedric, Lady Web, Adaryc, Furrrante, Onekaza. However, i have more characters in my memory from the first game than the second. Besides, The Watcher of the first game was like the Grey Warden of Dragon Age Origins for me. I could never establish a link with “already named” characters as strongly as my own creations, main protogonist must be “me”, in this respect, i appreciate the fact that the Watcher character is our creation, not a certain person.

In addition, there was a different use of companions in POE1; Stronghold Missions! In this way; we were collecting different items, money, crafting materials. Again thanks to this, idle characters gained an extra activity.

SO POE 2?
Actually, I don't know if we can make a fair comparison on this, because there are many characters coming back from the first game. Returning characters generally have no problem, they are all loved by the majority (actually i talked with many people who found Aloth and Pallegina to be extremely grumpy in POE2, compared to the first game). The other characters in the second game does not have a very deep past. For example, in the first game: Aloth is an "awoken" like a watcher, and he helped me to understand "What is awoken”, Durance was involved in a job (godhammer story) that affects the fate of the whole World, Grieving mother was unable to mend deep injuries of her past and she pushed us into a moral questioning, Sagani chased literally a ghost of past and showed us souls can take many different form. All the characters were somehow damaged and everyone needed each other to wrap all these wounds, each had a unique psychology. In the second game I actually liked all the characters, especially Tekehu, but no character could establish psychological ties with me like the characters in the first game. Besides, If the number of companions would not change in any way, it would be a plus to have sidekicks, but if the time required for the creation of sidekicks was taken from the creation of a compaion, I would prefer 1 extra companion to 5 sidekicks. As a "Dungeon and Dragon" fan, i would prefer to have 6 people in my party at same time, this is a factor that increases the number of people we can interact at same time. Also no companion missions in POE2.

3 – PLAYERS INTERACTION WITH DEVELOPERS AND NARRATIVES: Winner POE1

WHY POE 1?

I don't know who belongs to this idea, but, it was great to be able to receive audio information from writers and designers about the creation and concept of places in the game. This is a sign of how much the creators love to do their jobs and this effort also shows us that they want us to love the POE as much as they love.

In addition, in the first game we can see backers all over the game, in crypts, in gravestone writings, as gold tagged NPCs and many more, this was an active way of thanking, they had more communication with the players. There was a book full of texts made with gamers.

SO POE 2?

I'm sure they did their jobs with love and they wanted us to love what they did, again. Before the first game, however, there was no good isometric 2D party RPG since the BG series, and players were also starving for such a game, 77000 players flocked into the game. In the second game, there was already a job like POE, the expectations of the majority were met, and the expectations of the others were different than POE1. For POE2, developers would appeal to a formed mass of players, and being a backer fort he POE2 was not as important as the first game, because the continuation of this game was guaranteed. This somehow affected both the developers and the players, reduced the number of backers, reduced the tension of the producers, and made them less necessary to explain themselves.

4 – PLAYER'S HOME: Winner POE1

If we compare the places that can be called player home, Caed Nua offers much more content than our ship, Defiant. Lets start to comparission: Endless paths is a completely extra and very successful content. We can say that ship wars are more successful than castle defense fights. If we compare Crew with Hirelings, crew members are much more efficient than hirelings. Capturing and developing the castle is more extensive than repairing and developing the ship. Although we have many rest areas in the castle, I don't understand why we can't rest on board, at least Captain's Cabin could have his own bonus. In the castle, we could send our companions to the missions, there is no such option for the ship. The library in the main keep, was a great archive for the books we collected. Visitors and merchants of the castle, was adding color to the content. And it wasn't bad to have a steward. As a matter of fact, it is not very accurate to compare a ship and a fortress, but I still cannot keep myself from thinking that the content of the ship could be much more attractive.

SO POE2?

What we can do on ship is very limited and I don't know what the solution could be; maybe we could get a house on land for companion missions or we could try to get magical powers for our ship with missions, or maybe we could fight with sea monsters. As a final word, ship wars begin to repeat itself after a while and additional content for ship can be very enjoyable.

5 – ITEMIZATION (QUANTITY AND CHARACTERISTICS)

6 – INSPIRATION AND AFFLICTION SYSTEM

PROS OF POE 2:

ADDITIONAL PLAYSTYLES (NO REST APPROACH) AND ACHIEVEMENTS

GRAPHICS AND EFFECTS

ITEMIZATION (BONUS STACKING)

HP AND RESOURSE SYSTEM

BETWEEN  POE 1 AND 2:

ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM

REST SYSTEM

SPELLS AND SKILLS

RACIALS

CRAFTING

ENCHANTING

REPUTATION AND DISPOSITION VIEWING / PAGE

*** Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes.

Edited by Enurale
  • Like 4

What we can do on ship is very limited and I don't know what the solution could be

hum..that bring to mind BG2 factions and the 'house' (kinda) that you could gain from them . 

They could've given us , each faction give you a unique home or base . If you don't side with anyone , then they couldve made a home (or dungeon or castle or whatever) for us to go find (or buy or liberate) . 

technicly our 'home' was the 1st ship and it died in the cutscene . After that , you can get a new ones and get more from other quest . 

And unless the ship is as big as the Adrastia (from ACO) , muh...

a ship is fun and all..but nothing beat a bed in a home :p 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

What we can do on ship is very limited and I don't know what the solution could be

hum..that bring to mind BG2 factions and the 'house' (kinda) that you could gain from them . 

They could've given us , each faction give you a unique home or base . If you don't side with anyone , then they couldve made a home (or dungeon or castle or whatever) for us to go find (or buy or liberate) . 

you do get special "strongholds" depending on the faction you side with. Principi you get the ghost ship. Rautai you get the submarine.

you do get special "strongholds" depending on the faction you side with. Principi you get the ghost ship. Rautai you get the submarine.

yeah...

but...its still a boat! 

I mean , on the main land...

some of them house look so good . and the beach are gorgeous.....

Give me a hut , I be happy as long as its near water  :biggrin:

Elderly Hive Dweller