Hunting Season *spoilers*

No one their right mind is going to kill the Fleet Master for the Druids and make enemies of the entire RDC near the beginning/middle of the game. I'm even playing an Ancient and still doesn't make sense. From a gameplay perspective, you can't close the Overgrowth quest until you deal with the druids. At least the FM convinces you not to do it. It would be nice if there were more than 2 black n white solutions, esp for Druids and Rangers.

Edited by Verde

I think based on talking with NPCs and Galawain himself, you're supposed to view this as siding with Galawain versus siding with the RDC. There obviously should be serious consequences to pissing off either side.

Gameplay wise, you're right. The RDC is a way bigger concern than a god and that totally destroys the narrative of the quest.

Exactly. As a Druid it's easy for me to side with the druids, but from a gameplay perspective it's insane to make an enemy of the RDC this early. The way I looked at it, was a treacherous but necessary move to kill the druids, solidifying his transition into the politics at play.