The game dies (black screen) when leaving the ship - in the ocean.

Ontos

Question

Windows 10 64 bit, 8 Gm RAM, Intel® Core I7-4500 CPU1.80 GHz 2.40GHz GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265, Intel® HD Graphics Family. All mods disabled.

I am by the ship (on the main or lower deck, it is unimportant).
I press the button in the form of an arrow up, an inscription when targeting by a mouse of "To World Map".
After I see the black screen and an icon of loading on the place of the cursor of a mouse. More nothing occurs, for any time. There is no sound too. There is no reaction to any buttons. I should kill process of a game through windows task manager. 
post-211017-0-96679100-1552073525_thumb.jpg

Why at you it is impossible to attach files of .savegame (game save) and .rar? And for .zip archive (I packed save into it) the page writes "Error This file was too big to upload" though the size of archive only 681 kb? In attempt to attach the output_log.txt file the page writes "Error No file was selected for upload".

post-211017-0-96679100-1552073525_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ontos

6 answers to this question

Hello Ontos,

I'm sorry you are running into this back screen issue.  I loaded up your save and tried transitioning to the World Map and it seemed to work out fine.  I would recommend attempting a repair of the game files or reinstalling Deadfire to see if there are some corrupted or missing files causing this issue.  If that doesn't work, then I would try updating your graphics drivers and your computer's operating system.

I updated the save where I was on the World Map after clicking the button from the deck of your ship in case you wanted it.  I'll leave my Google Drive link here.

If you need to send anything in the future, feel free to send it to me at support@obsidian.net as you can attach a lot more information there.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

I started this game party after reinstalling the game. This is an early game, the first time out to sea on a ship.

I loaded up an earlier save (before I went on deck) and went to Neketaka. Hopefully, when I go out on deck again (which is inevitable when I, for example, get a head in box to start a quest with the DLC "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor"), the problem won't happen again, otherwise I won't be able to finish the game.

Edited by Ontos

Any update on this? I'm having the exact same problem and I haven't found a solution anywhere. I was so excited to play this!

Ontos, did you have any luck?

I wrote earlier. I uploaded the save to the ship's deck. I didn't go on deck. Swam in Neketaka, to do the city and other quests. It's all right, because I'm not on the deck of the ship. If I come out again (for example, the game will force, in connection with the quest), and get the same problem, I will attached here the save with the problem, and I ask in this topic technical support to go to the ocean, and give me an updated save. After all, the employee technical support this bug is not reproduced.  You can do the same.

Any update on this? I'm having the exact same problem and I haven't found a solution anywhere. I was so excited to play this!

Ontos, did you have any luck?

I wrote earlier. I uploaded the save to the ship's deck. I didn't go on deck. Swam in Neketaka, to do the city and other quests. It's all right, because I'm not on the deck of the ship. If I come out again (for example, the game will force, in connection with the quest), and get the same problem, I will attached here the save with the problem, and I ask in this topic technical support to go to the ocean, and give me an updated save. After all, the employee technical support this bug is not reproduced.  You can do the same.

Ahh, right. I wasn't sure. Well, I've e-mailed support and hopefully they will be able to help me out too. Thanks for the quick response!

@SChin,

I experienced the same problem after (I was doing a quest "A Matter of Import") I met Iverra on the deck of the ship, she got out of the box. After this scene and dialogue, the game froze.

I had Russian localization turned on.

Then, I turned on the English localization. And the problem did not arise, I was able to swim on!

Please fix the problem with the hang of the game after the transition from the deck to the ocean, with the Russian localization!