Velvet Glove, Brass Fist

DiabloStorm

Question

Are the merchants, Kuaru Artisans, Powderhouse Guards, Rauataian Guards and Emeini supposed to turn hostile and join the fight if you decide to fight against Hamuto? Why? What if I wanted to sell/buy items or have Emeini on my ship? Why are so many random NPCs joining this fight? Any NPC that sees Hamuto and his posse turn hostile, turn hostile themselves and if you run from them when combat starts almost everybody on the map is trying to kill you.
HApml6e.jpg

ZNa6ZB4.jpg

7SfR2gI.jpg

Edited by DiabloStorm

4 answers to this question

Because you are in the Brass Citadell and most people there belong to the RDC - like Hamuto does.

They could have left out the Orlan merchant though (if she joins in the first place).

Besides that "justification': I managed to kill Hamuto several times without anyone else aggroing. So there seems to be a way (or seemed to have been).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Because you are in the Brass Citadell and most people there belong to the RDC - like Hamuto does.

They could have left out the Orlan merchant though (if she joins in the first place).

Besides that "justification': I managed to kill Hamuto several times without anyone else aggroing. So there seems to be a way (or seemed to have been).

The orlan merchant aggros immediately.

I killed Hamuto a few weeks ago and no one aggroed me except his friends. There's an option during the conversation to scare some of his allies off though and I did that, so maybe that's what avoided the confrontation with the whole brass citadel.