- Bleak Walker/Arcane Archer with Ring of Focused Flame and Spearcaster: TONs of accuracy and great dmg. Max Arcana skill.

- Bleak Walker/Assassin with Dragon's Dowry: great dmg from stealth and invisibility, but limited use of invisibility

- Assassin/Priest of Skaen with Dragon's Dowry: less dmg per shot, but more uses of invisibility

- Assassin/Bloodmage with Blightheart: less dmg per shot, but even more uses of invisibility (Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure), more squishy

- Streetfighter/Troubadour with Red Hand, Myth Fyr and Sure Handed Ila: summon whisps, distract yourself and fire high DMG rounds with lash and reload speed.

- Sharpshooter with Red Hand: once you get Twinned Shot...

And there's many more options...

I like the first option a lot and played it for a complete playthrough. You will have stellar ACC with Flames of Devotion and Imbue shots (especially Imbue:Fireball).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Helwalker/Streetfighter with Instruments of Pain and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff has probably the highest single target ranged DPS. You can easily become bloodied using Mortification of the Soul and the quarterstaff allows the monk to benefit from the melee bonuses while at distance (9m range). And if I remember well you can benefit also from the Helm of the Falcon bonus. However I never tested it in TB.

• Like 1

Heart Orlan (if not solo, otherwise pale elf) Hunter :

Fighter:

Devoted : Hunting Bow Proficiency : Essence Interruptor   (Note: This bow buggy atm, im playing with pistol proficiency atm, Swordeo's Trophy and Eccaea's Arcane Blaster)  (Other ranged weapons mostly stucked to the single pierce damage type as devoted, and double damage ones not better than pistols and essence interruptor) 

Ranger :

Arcane Archer: If you want to use great spell effects.
Sharpshooter: If you want to maxed projectile hit damage for farther than 4m targets.
Ghost Heart: If you dont want want to use pets, actually keeping them alive a bit hard for solo and/or Potd difficulties, i prefer this subclass.

Edited by Enurale

You still do a fair amount of extra damage - Death Ring has huge base damage - so while underpen is annoying, it's really not the end of the world. Imbue Web is a nice CC ability, too, that isn't as reliant on scaling.

The main appeal is the Acc combined with a heavy hitting weapon like Spearcaster - you crit all the time and do a ton of damage.

I also just realized that I misread OP and they said Arquebus and not Arbalest. So here's a different rec: Blackjacket/Bellower with Blightheart. Fighter side provides defenses, passive damage buffs, and lets you free action switch between Sasha's for the opening Empower and Blightheart for actual attacks. Chanter side gives you a lash with Mith Fyr to hit even harder and gives you AoE damage options.

Helwalker/Streetfighter with Instruments of Pain and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff has probably the highest single target ranged DPS. You can easily become bloodied using Mortification of the Soul and the quarterstaff allows the monk to benefit from the melee bonuses while at distance (9m range). And if I remember well you can benefit also from the Helm of the Falcon bonus. However I never tested it in TB.

That is a really late game sniper though. :)

That is a really late game sniper though. :)

Yes, until then you have to use a ranged weapon.

You still do a fair amount of extra damage - Death Ring has huge base damage - so while underpen is annoying, it's really not the end of the world. Imbue Web is a nice CC ability, too, that isn't as reliant on scaling.

Well, underpen it's 30% less damage if I'm not mistaken (on PotD every Imbue:Fireball ends up underpenetrating). Besides if you're going to multi-class, you won't have access to Imbue:Death Ring. And as far I know even Imbue:Web doesn't scale properly (the ACC of the pulses does not go up with levels). Anyway of course AA is still playable and fun. I didn't mean to exacerbate the problem. :)

Well, underpen it's 30% less damage if I'm not mistaken (on PotD every Imbue:Fireball ends up underpenetrating). Besides if you're going to multi-class, you won't have access to Imbue:Death Ring. And as far I know even Imbue:Web doesn't scale properly (the ACC of the pulses does not go up with levels). Anyway of course AA is still playable and fun. I didn't mean to exacerbate the problem. :)

Underpen is a very severe penalty but I think of it in comparison to a normal ranger - you're still getting a huge accuracy buff and some small AoE damage over what a non-Arcane Ranger has in exchange for a fairly low impact penalty. I really can't wait for it to get fixed, though. I'm having a ton of fun with the broken version, I can only imagine how great it'll be when it works properly.

I didn't know that about Web. I've been running a hireling Arcane Archer through SSS and mostly use it as an opening volley to delay the enemy while I set up buffs or wait for AoE spells to go off, so I haven't been concerned with pulses. I sometimes get Fireball to PEN on PotD upscaled but that is 100% because I only use it against fire-weak opponents - Imbue: Death is my default.

I brought up Imbue Death since I recommended single class. I do think single class is better than multi with AA, with maybe the exception of Paladin since Sacred Flames bypasses the penalty and they get extra Fire PEN.  

If you use Imbue Fireball with high Arcana + Spearcaster + Ring of Focused Flame + Zealous Aura you will crit so often that PEN isn't such a big issue on mobs. Also remember that it will proc twice with Driving Flight. But of course the PL bug should be fixed asap.

Snipers dont work well with paladins because paladins are front line fighting. Also paladins to not mix with stealth.

Good snipers are rog ranger or scout. Rangers are the loner vigilante snipers while rogues are greedy mercenary snipers. Profit vs morality.

Snipers dont work well with paladins because paladins are front line fighting. Also paladins to not mix with stealth.

Good snipers are rog ranger or scout. Rangers are the loner vigilante snipers while rogues are greedy mercenary snipers. Profit vs morality.

You are thinking too simple, gotta be creative to make dual classes to work.

In fact paladins are better as ranged dps rather than melee because they don't have any cleave or melee Aoe.  But they do have pretty decent single target damage, which is ideal for an arquebus user

Edited by Ormag

Holy Slayer (Bleak Walker/Assassin or Street Fighter) is one of the classes which can deliver the highest dmg per shot with an arquebus and adding up to +PEN/ +20 ACC per FoD shot. Don't know what you want from a sniper, but that sounds like Paladin do work very well as snipers.

Right - a Sniper only wants to tickle you. He's not looking to end you with high precision and impact. That's why a Sniper always aims for your belly and uses toothpicks with some cotton as fletching.

Your statement that a Paladin does not work well as sniper is plain wrong. We don't need to discuss this further.

Arcane Archer/Bleak Walker with Spearcaster and Ring of Focused Flame and Scion of Flame has unbelievable precision and high dmg per shot. One great way to build a sniper. And there's a Paladin in it.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

There is two more paladin subclasses other than bleak walkers which is working very well in a sniper build. FoD working as ranged too and can heal when used. You can mark all mobs with sworn rival for more damage (and defense) and will regain regain all of your zeals then mobs dies. Almost all paladin traits and abililies allows a ranged build. Beside of ranger (also devoted), cipher multi class is very enjojable too and all efficient with tw melee and th/tw ranged weapons. With this characters you can tank even with ranged weapons, thanks to good paladin defenses and no rest approach. Ill prepare full builds for there ones when the time comes.

Edited by Enurale