Super strong computer getting low FPS

tedmann12

Question

I have a GTX 1080, i7-7700k, 32 gigs of ram and a SSD.

I still have to play the game on low settings to 60 fps. If I play on high I am around 30. Is this normal?

I can play any game out there on ultra settings easily and get excellent FPS, but I have to play this on low? Not sure how much stronger of a computer I can get. Are there computers out there that can run POE2 on high settings with a good fps?

Seems strange to me.

Edited by tedmann12

3 answers to this question

I have a GTX 1080, i7-7700k, 32 gigs of ram and a SSD.

I still have to play the game on low settings to 60 fps. If I play on high I am around 30. Is this normal?

I can play any game out there on ultra settings easily and get excellent FPS, but I have to play this on low? Not sure how much stronger of a computer I can get. Are there computers out there that can run POE2 on high settings with a good fps?

Seems strange to me.

What resolution are you at? Do note that there's some thread somewhere about suggestions for nvidia owners to improve performance. Possibly anti-aliasing is particularly murderous.

But yeah, Deadfire is running on an inefficient engine... blame Unity I guess? I had a beast of a gaming PC I built earlier (2080 Ti, AMD Ryzen 2700x, 32 ram, nvme storage) and I would still get stutters and stuff (especially for certain types of spell effects like Mirror Image) even though I could play AAA games in 4K with all settings maxed as smooth as butter. I eventually gave up on the 2080 Ti and now have an AMD Vega 64 overclocked/undervolted, and it's still jarring how much more inefficient Deadfire is compared to other games I've played. Even with Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4k at high, I barely drain more than 240W for my GPU and have decent thermals; on Assassin's Creed Odyssey I draw sub-200W and have cool temps to run at 1080p with all settings maxed with HDR. Meanwhile, for Deadfire I could literally just be staring at a paused combat screen with nothing happening and my GPU will be drawing 300W and spiking up to near-max temps (I've literally had the AMD Radeon software alert me about exceeding safe temps only while playing Deadfire). I have a custom profile just for Deadfire to force my fans on higher.

In short, when it comes to Deadfire performance:

tenor.gif

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Check this steam thread out and give the linked program a try: https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2572002906843374108/

Don't expect miracles- it did nothing for me- but people have said it's helped. I think the OP in that thread isn't up to date, this should be the most recent version: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/download/sk_special_projects/SK_MHW.7z