Hello,

I intend to begin my first playthrough of PoE Deadfire soon, and am looking for advice (a lot) for a bloodmage/Nalpazca Sage build.

I like a bit of challenge, so I'll start with veteran difficulty and upwards level scaling.

I have a min-maxing mind, so I'd like to be as efficient as possible, BUT, as it will be my first playthrough, I'd also like to be able to succeed on most story-related rolls (diplomacy, history, insight...)

I'd like to mainly use a companion party with as many PoE 1 returning character as possible, so :

• Eder (as a swashbuckler)
  • Aloth (as a battlemage)
  • Pallegina (as a herald)
  • Xoti (pure priest, I'll need healing)

I've scoured the Web, but have only found some general advice on this build.

If possible, I'd like something more precise in terms of best/fun starting race/stats, abilities to pick, gear and background.

TIA

Some good synergies:

Alacrity + Enduring Dance + Drugs = constant stream of incoming Wounds. You can spam wound powered abilites all the time.

Use the self buffs - Mirrored Image and Llengrath's Safeguard stack their defense bonuses.

Citzal's Spirit Lance + Instruments of Pain is great! You'll get an AoE attack with 11 meters range that works with all the melee abilites (Force of Anguish, Torment's Reach, Enervating Blows etc.)

Lighting Strikes + Turning Wheel can be stacked with Zandathu's Draconic Fury (this is high level stuff though). However, that will not properly stack with Minolett's Piercing Sigil which is also very strong. But you'll do a ton of lash damage.

Race doesn't matter much. Nature Godlike can be nice because Wellspring of Live gets triggered by Swift strikes, Alacrity, Infuse and others - so most likely you will have +1 PL all the time.

Stats: you need high INT. If you make a lot of use of Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon you can get away with not so high CON. DEX should be good. If you go doe Swift Flurry + Hearbeat Drumming PER should be superb. In theory you could drop RES and take Clarity of Agony - but if you want to have certain dialogue options you need RES. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank you for your detailed answer,

I followed most of your recommendations and created a Nature Godlike Sage with the following starting stats :

MI:10

CO:12

DE:17

PE:18

IN:18

RE:3

What do you think about it ? (My min-maxing drive took the better of me, so I decided to dump Resolve anyway)

Any advice regarding weapon proficiencies ? I choose Scepter and small shield, but am not certain at all about this

Any specific gear to be looking out for ?

I have been hesitating between Slicken and Fleet Feet as first level spell

Thanks again

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1412913589 This is the build i used for my POTD run, and the rest of my part was almost identical with yours (Tekehu instead of Aloth), my Sage was by far the biggest damage dealer. Lost Sinner (aka Sin Tee) has amazing guides in general, i recommend checking them out.

Edited by AlexDeLarge

Thank you for your detailed answer,

I followed most of your recommendations and created a Nature Godlike Sage with the following starting stats :

MI:10

CO:12

DE:17

PE:18

IN:18

RE:3

What do you think about it ? (My min-maxing drive took the better of me, so I decided to dump Resolve anyway)

Any advice regarding weapon proficiencies ? I choose Scepter and small shield, but am not certain at all about this

Any specific gear to be looking out for ?

I have been hesitating between Slicken and Fleet Feet as first level spell

Thanks again

Looks ok.

Slicken! :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods