Dorudugan in turn-based mode

How do you avoid the bombs??? Very often  a character will not get a turn to move away before they explode... and they basically one-shot.

I can tank the boss just fine using Rekke's blade turning ability + enduring dance (very good combo), but this is stumping me. Has this boss been balanced for turn-based?

How do you avoid the bombs??? Very often  a character will not get a turn to move away before they explode... and they basically one-shot.

I can tank the boss just fine using Rekke's blade turning ability + enduring dance (very good combo), but this is stumping me. Has this boss been balanced for turn-based?

What worked for me was to have characters always "Delay Turn" until after Dorudugan acted, in case he would summon Bombs. This will allow you to still act in the same round, so they won't have gone off yet.

If a character still doesn't have enough movement to make it out, have them end their turn w/o acting, so they will have low enough initiative to act in the next round before the bombs have gone off.

• Like 1

I finally managed it with a lot of cheese once I figured out I could repeatedly disengage Rekke on each of his turn, and have the boss hit himself multiple times for double damage (Blade Turning probably shouldn't work with disengagement attacks, or maybe those should be limited to one per turn).

The advice above didn't work for my party composition as nobody had super high initiative and the boss often cast his bombs during the next round, so I couldn't have a guaranteed turn between the bombs being dropped and them being detonated!

What worked for me was the result of a desperation move: I had everybody go inside Tekehu's Moonwell AoE, hoping the bombs would be cancelled out by the buff's "Water" tag. (It works against the boss' cleaving attack that goes through Blade Turning).

I don't know if that would have worked however, because it caused the bombs to go wide and miss completely! I don't know if this is intended, but grouping up near the boss can mess up with his targeting, with the bombs ending up far from him where they won't hit anybody.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't seeing ANY delay at all between when the bombs were launched and when they exploded.  How are we supposed to avoid them if we're not able to see them before they explode?   About a month ago, I remember seeing some delay between the hellfire barrage launch that allowed my party to move out of the way, did something change in the patches?

What might be a factor that the "wait" button (to delay your turn) might only move your characters turn AFTER the enemy characters turn (Dorudugan) and not after spell casts like Hellfire Barrage complete... we sort of need a "micro-wait" button in that case.

Edited by jlindeman42