Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TV & streaming thread

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7774 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Been binge-watching Miami Vice commercial-free on Starsz. As a product of the 80s I love that show, cheese and all. :)

possible the only good part 'bout growing up poor in the 80s is we couldn't afford all the horrible fashion nonsense which were the de rigueur.  no flock o' seagulls hair.  no parachute pants. no mesh anything. is thus no embarrassing 80s pictures o' Gromnir. more accurate, is no embarrassing 80s fashion pictures o' Gromnir.

we did have a second-hand members only jacket.  weird.

HA! Good Fun!

• kanisatha likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4031 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Watched Love, Death + Robots. It was pretty great most of the time, very much like the old Heavy Metal.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9103 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Been binge-watching Miami Vice commercial-free on Starsz. As a product of the 80s I love that show, cheese and all. :)

possible the only good part 'bout growing up poor in the 80s is we couldn't afford all the horrible fashion nonsense which were the de rigueur.  no flock o' seagulls hair.  no parachute pants. no mesh anything. is thus no embarrassing 80s pictures o' Gromnir. more accurate, is no embarrassing 80s fashion pictures o' Gromnir.

we did have a second-hand members only jacket.  weird.

HA! Good Fun!

My parents bought me a Z Cavaricci t-shirt, since I couldn't afford the pants. It didn't work, middle school was rough. At least until I started playing hockey and solving problems with my fists. :p

• kanisatha likes this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2700 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Watched the first season of the Exorcist show after remembering it was a thing.

Wanted horror, got a pretty bad Dan Brown story. Bah. Not even going to bother with season 2.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I had all the best 80s fashion.. in the 90s. I even had a few Bills super bowl champ shirts.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Finally all caught up on STD. Even though I still think it doesn't feel like Trek I still liked the episodes until I got to the last two. I don't even know if I want to keep watching now. I'll probably wait until the season is over and see what you guys say here. I can't believe someone wrote them and then someone else approved that crap.
  • majestic and InsaneCommander like this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Saw Farscape is now on Amazon Prime for the anniversary, so pondering on having a binge watch this coming weekend...

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9162 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The episode "Evan" is still one of my all time favorites of any hour-long US series. Bought that season on DVD partly because of that.

• kanisatha likes this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just watched all 3 seasons of Van Helsing and I think its excellent, highly recommended for those that enjoy these types of Vampire genres 

I am also busy with the latest season of Magicians, its good ...not excellent but good  8)

majestic

majestic

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Finished Love, Death + Robots.

Was pretty good overall, some episodes are simply epic (Three Robots is amazing). Sonnie's Edge is still not good, except for the animation of course. Beyond the Aquila Rift reminded me a bit of the Outer Limits revival show episode Tempests.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Barring us finding out the Illuminati were behind this, don't expect much to be 'untold' at this point

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9162 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The first couple minutes - Amazon/convenience addict - yeah that's me.

It's kind of an interesting series (it's on Netflix too) although for my tastes he forgoes info depth for humor bits or digestibility.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Barring us finding out the Illuminati were behind this, don't expect much to be 'untold' at this point

Maybe it was the Illuminati from American Gods?

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

We watched the first 3 episodes of the Order on Netflix. It's a college-age supernatural dramedy. It's really weird in its plot, pacing, and tone but my wife couldn't stop watching. It's got some familiar faces in the background like Matt Frewer and Sam Trammel as well as a lot of people that pop up in Canadian shows that you may recognize but not know the names of. I can't really recommend it unless this kind of thing is your jam. 

I also saw that the OA season 2 is out but I'm not sure if I want to jump back into that yet. I liked it okay but thought it was a bit pretentious.

Edited by ShadySands, 29 March 2019 - 01:57 PM.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4031 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Finished Love, Death + Robots.

Was pretty good overall, some episodes are simply epic (Three Robots is amazing). Sonnie's Edge is still not good, except for the animation of course. Beyond the Aquila Rift reminded me a bit of the Outer Limits revival show episode Tempests.

I had no problems with Sonnie's Edge. Yeah it's kinda edgy, but I still liked it / thought it was interesting.

Beyond the Aquila Rift was the best episode, imo.

Edited by Lexx, 29 March 2019 - 04:26 PM.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The last episode of STD didn't explain

Spoiler

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoiler

*Bit iirc, as I zoned out every time there was pointless melodrama and there was a lot of pointless melodrama in that episode. Shame that, as it was a pretty solid episode otherwise with only a couple of glaring plot holes.

Spoiler

I'm definitely getting distinct 'closed circle resolution' vibes from the main plot.

Edited by Zoraptor, 29 March 2019 - 08:59 PM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Ended up finishing The Order because my wife was hooked. I liked it overall though it for pretty angsty a bit towards the end along with the common problem of smart people doing stupid things to move the plot forward at times. It's easier for me to forgive in these types of shows than it is in Star Trek where I expect a certain level of common sense.

Speaking of which we did end up watching the last episode of Discovery. I found myself reaching for my phone quite a bit. Not as bad overall as the previous episode but still full of dumb as Zor already pointed out.

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

We watched the first 3 episodes of the Order on Netflix. It's a college-age supernatural dramedy. It's really weird in its plot, pacing, and tone but my wife couldn't stop watching. It's got some familiar faces in the background like Matt Frewer and Sam Trammel as well as a lot of people that pop up in Canadian shows that you may recognize but not know the names of. I can't really recommend it unless this kind of thing is your jam. 

I also saw that the OA season 2 is out but I'm not sure if I want to jump back into that yet. I liked it okay but thought it was a bit pretentious.

I have been deciding if I should start watching The Order, I do like supernatural series but only if the intended audience is suppose to be adult

I am on episode 3 of season 2 of OA and I recommend it, dont you want to see where Prairie ended up after the school incident  finale ..there are some interesting plot twists that make season 2 worthwhile so far  :thumbsup:

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoiler

*Bit iirc, as I zoned out every time there was pointless melodrama and there was a lot of pointless melodrama in that episode. Shame that, as it was a pretty solid episode otherwise with only a couple of glaring plot holes.

Spoiler

I'm definitely getting distinct 'closed circle resolution' vibes from the main plot.

That is a good explanation, but just make it even stranger that the Federation developed such technology (not to mention the spore drive) and it will disappear before TOS. Even if they have moral reasons to ban it or they go back in time and prevent its creation, why couldn't the Romulans or another less decent race develop something similar?

Edited by InsaneCommander, 31 March 2019 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users