TV & streaming thread

Amentep

17 hours ago, ShadySands said:

It's sad when O'Brien has a better love life than you

PS my wife hates O'Brien episodes in DS9. I think the only one she actually likes is when he jumps forward in time.

Come to think of it, isn't O'Brien the only main(ish) character who stays happily married throughout the series? Arguably that's a better love life than getting dumped or widowed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, KaineParker said:

Come to think of it, isn't O'Brien the only main(ish) character who stays happily married throughout the series? Arguably that's a better love life than getting dumped or widowed.

Yeah, but that's probably only because his marital status transferred with him to DS9. There are some other happy couples but none started out a new show as married.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, majestic said:

Yeah, but that's probably only because his marital status transferred with him to DS9. There are some other happy couples but none started out a new show as married.

It's been a while since I watched ds9 or voyager, but iirc most relationships ended with break ups or someone dying. All things considered, O'Brien didn't do too bad.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, KaineParker said:

It's been a while since I watched ds9 or voyager, but iirc most relationships ended with break ups or someone dying. All things considered, O'Brien didn't do too bad.

Jadzia and Bareil died on Worf and Kira respectively. On the other hand Rom and Leeta, Ezri and Julian and BLT with Not!Locarno did fine (as much as fine goes with B'elanna and Tom).

Kira, Odo, Sisko and Yates were special cases that could be seen either way.

Not sure where to put everything else that happened, e.g. that Picard/Vash fling, Data's one episode girlfriend Jenna, Wesley and Robin and whatever Geordi had with Christy Henshaw, or aborted/never resolved romance arcs (like Picard and Beverly, Deanna and Worf, Harry Kim and Seven, Janeway and Chakotay).

Oh, damn. I forgot Kes out-evolving Neelix. Woops. That tilts the balance a bit. Ah crud.

Edited by majestic
Damnable Neelix!
  • Like 1

Rumor: Alex Kurtzman Fired By CBS – Test Shows For Star Trek: Picard Are Horrible

The rumor comes from Gary Buechler aka Nerdrotic. Buechler notes a Star Trek insider contacted him and told him, “Kurtzman has been fired. He is refusing to give up the title but there are 3 producers who have taken over as showrunners.”

The source adds, “He has been replaced. He is refusing to lose the title but there are three other producer who are exercising his functions. He is not even allowed on set. He has been Orci’ed.”

Free games updated 3/4/21

make it not so

haven't seen that report anywhere else trusted, such as trekcore ... the dude was demoted before Discovery began; could be similar to manufactured strife on the WW set three years ago

regardless, it is mathematically and objectively impossible for anything with Jean-Luc to be rated eighty-percent awful

All Stop. On Screen.

It's the guy who made Discovery, right? Truth told, I really don't mind him gone. Would just really, really suck if the Picard show might turn out a turd like Discovery.

/edit: "The 20% who tested positive were people who labeled themselves Abrams fans like it.”

If this is true, I'll probably hate it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It would be so easy. Just hire Robert Hewitt Wolfe, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz and say "Make a Picard show", then watch the inevitable awesome that's going to happen.

Anyhoo, if they really fired Kurtzman then good on them. He's become the Brett Ratnor of Star Trek.

Edited by majestic

On 6/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, majestic said:

Jadzia and Bareil died on Worf and Kira respectively. On the other hand Rom and Leeta, Ezri and Julian and BLT with Not!Locarno did fine (as much as fine goes with B'elanna and Tom).

Kira, Odo, Sisko and Yates were special cases that could be seen either way.

Not sure where to put everything else that happened, e.g. that Picard/Vash fling, Data's one episode girlfriend Jenna, Wesley and Robin and whatever Geordi had with Christy Henshaw, or aborted/never resolved romance arcs (like Picard and Beverly, Deanna and Worf, Harry Kim and Seven, Janeway and Chakotay).

Oh, damn. I forgot Kes out-evolving Neelix. Woops. That tilts the balance a bit. Ah crud.

So that's like 3 other (confirmed) happy couples and a lot of bad endings. I think we can say Starfleet isn't good for lasting relationships. 

• Hmmm 1

16 hours ago, ManifestedISO said:

regardless, it is mathematically and objectively impossible for anything with Jean-Luc to be rated eighty-percent awful

There's a few episodes of TNG and 2 movies that prove this wrong. 

I don't know why but I am having too much fun with those lately:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I started watching the last season of TNG. It's weird... apparently I have never seen it before. Now I'm actually curious if I have never seen season 6 either. It was running in tv all the time back in the days, but I guess only until season X, then it looped back to the beginning.

In a way, I'm really missing the cast of DS9 now. Even Morn, who was so god damn annoying, because he never stopped talking.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Im on episode 4 of Chernobyl, its brilliant

Its sad, evocative and haunting .....hard to believe how many people had to die and  how many lives were irrevocably altered because the USSR decided not to be honest initially about the disaster :shrugz: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela