TV & streaming thread

Amentep

I actually thought the Night King wasn't gonna take part in the battle, instead directing a large part of the forces to take King's landing, thereby boosting his army a lot. And then the later solution would of course be to wildfire-bombard the whole capitol, and the Iron chair with it - like the Mad King originally planned.

I have not watched any of the new episodes of GOT, its hard because Im very tempted but I will binge watch once its complete

What is even harder is avoiding any unintentional spoilers through the media and peoples general comments đŸ“ș

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I have not watched any of the new episodes of GOT, its hard because Im very tempted but I will binge watch once its complete

What is even harder is avoiding any unintentional spoilers through the media and peoples general comments đŸ“ș

The series is completed. It'll be three weeks until the last episode is out and if you manage to binge every season before then congratulations. :p

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

The series is completed. It'll be three weeks until the last episode is out and if you manage to binge every season before then congratulations. :p

Oh I have watched all previous seasons, just not this one 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm guessing the next two episodes will be somewhat boring filler again, then with the final battle in the last episode.

Not sure what to make of everything at this point. I kinda expect it to end this way, but at the same time... So many (generic) people died, will they have to build up a completely new army now in the next two weeks? Seriously, by the looks of it, there is barely anyone left.

Oh yeah, and I also kinda expected many more of the main cast to die. I guess it's a way around the trope that everyone expected (be honest, everyone expected at least half the cast to die and not just two people we barely saw the past seasons), but at the same time it's somewhat generic as well.

Eh, guess it's impossible to make everyone happy.

The cavalry charge into the undead was the worst offender for me, though. It was so unnecessary, I'd really love to know what the writers thought about that. Maybe it was for budget reasons to get rid of them? Who knows...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

The cavalry charge into the undead was the worst offender for me, though. It was so unnecessary, I'd really love to know what the writers thought about that. Maybe it was for budget reasons to get rid of them? Who knows...

;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, Mannock said:

2? I counted 4...

*edit*

Or 6 even.

I remember 3 now, including that little girl we barely saw anyway. Who else died?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh yeah. But somehow none of the ones I expected to die.
/Edit: I still think it's very much a secondary cast... people we barely saw anyway most of the time. Guess they just had to kill someone, but didn't want to really commit to anything serious.

Edited by Lexx

14 hours ago, Mannock said:

According to Martin there isn't. He stated as much in an interview.

So what we saw last night I think will differ extremely much from the books. If there ever will be any more books that is.

Well, the books were released in 1996, 1998, 2005 and 2011. So it's 2, 2, 5 and 6 years between them. If the next one comes in, let's say, 2021, then the time between books is doubling after 2 of them are released. That would put the last one after 2030... :p

3 hours ago, Mannock said:
  Hide contents

Lady Mormont, Theon Greyjoy, Berric Dondarrion, Jorah Mormont, Melissandre, Dolorous Edd Tollet and Alys Karstark.

Yikes, that's 7 even.

I don't remember the last one dying. When was that?

There was a moment when I thought Jaime and Brienne were definitely going to die. I actually considered that maybe it was the last episode of the series and they only announced more so that people wouldn't know it would end in the third one. lol

sign.jpg

16 hours ago, Mannock said:

Sorry, but RPG Codex is the other way you know.

Lighten up, Francis

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally got around to watching the Discovery season finale and it was about as ludicrous a mess as I expected (lol fighters, lol every ship not moving for more half the battle despite 'evasive pattern alpha delta alpaca pachyderm' being ordered, lol every minor character randomly turning up, lol Leland's massively fluctuating capabilities etc), but did mostly manage to entertain in between the doses of stupid. Can't help but think that Kurzman, like Abrams before, wasn't so much trying to do Star Trek as audition for doing Star Wars with some of what happened though. On the positive side, they surely have to be doing a Pike/ Enterprise spin off; but there's no way Ash can carry a Section 31 spin off, he's a weak character and him having anything to do with the Fed military is just plain ridiculous given his history.

Watched the finale of Gotham as well. Liked the series a fair bit overall once it stopped taking itself seriously, despite the scripts not being overly great and the story arcs being, uh, a bit too comic like for my tastes the casting was just about spot on and it managed to be enjoyable- but the finale was weak. It really required a double episode for what they wanted to do, and they also ended up highlighting DC's arbitrary character use rules yet again which always makes me irrationally (or not) annoyed.

Hunter x Hunter, 2011+ anime - A while back I think I started this on CrunchyRoll, then forgot about it. Noticed the first few seasons were on Netflix, so picked it up again. It's basically one of those youthful "fighting" animes, where everything is an excuse to get people fighting to see whose powers are the bestest, while main teen chr. goal is trying to find his famous/doesn't want to be found dad. I find it rather lightly entertaining although their protracted skill/"Nen"/whatever explanations and narrations are sometimes FFWD-worthy. 

Anyway, while I like these first few seasons I doubt I'd watch it all. The main draw for me at this point is this chr. named Hisoka. He's a crazy, super-skilled fighter that's a sometimes antagonist. He is just so hilarious - violent, psychotic, humorous, perverse, no "moralistic" redeeming factor that I can see. Why are the nutty ones always so memorable.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Im watching on Showmax one of the most entertaining series I have seen, its called Fortitude and its set in a fictional town of the same name in the Arctic

It has everything in it. Ancient parasites, supernatural, murder and all the intrigue of  a small town where life is hard. Highly recommended :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortitude_(TV_series)

John Milton 

Better than the last episode. The politics was good and the deathw as actually meaningful.

But, holy ****, that dragon death. EPIC FAIL. I basically shrugged. Con. Two crossbow bolts did it in. And, these dragons are supposed to be a threat? Yet, about 10 bolts aim for Dany and they ALL MISS? W.T.F.

And, we don't even get to see Sansa and Arya's reaction to the news that their brother isn't their brother but their cousin? HOLY  NUTZ.. I liked this episode for the most part but the more I type the more 'ragey' I get. LMAO

The actors did their job in this one but the overseers not so much.

P.S. Arya stone cold turns the proposal down without even saying no.

P.S.S. Did Tyrion actually think plading humanity (and for the sake of the children) with a guy who literally animates the dead? COME ON. The guy doesn't care about the living.

R00fles!
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The latest GoT was pretty much a long summary of the situation before the big ol battle of the dead episode with some celebration scenes and a couple of predictable developments. We'll know for sure in two weeks, but I think in review that this episode could have half of it cut out without anything missing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands