Political Point and Counterpoint

Amentep

He's known toi sexually harass women, he's known to physically assault women, he's known to hate strong women who stand up to him when he tries to intimidate and bully them into abusing power to twist and and bend the alw for his evil purposes than he ****cans them . Rememebr, one of these women he threw in the trash he bragged that she was the first Native woman MP now he claims she is crappy at her job. Funny enough, the gov't has made laws to protect whistleblowers in business but who will protect gov't whistleblowers who call out the PM and his cronies when they do immoral Nazi stuff?

The guy is a piece of crap. It's that simple.

But if someone is bad at there job this needs to be addressed even if the person is a minority and initially they were the first in a particular role, there other others who can take her place 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He's known toi sexually harass women, he's known to physically assault women, he's known to hate strong women who stand up to him when he tries to intimidate and bully them into abusing power to twist and and bend the alw for his evil purposes than he ****cans them . Rememebr, one of these women he threw in the trash he bragged that she was the first Native woman MP now he claims she is crappy at her job. Funny enough, the gov't has made laws to protect whistleblowers in business but who will protect gov't whistleblowers who call out the PM and his cronies when they do immoral Nazi stuff?

The guy is a piece of crap. It's that simple.

Eh, two MPs caused a problem for the party and got cashiered as a result. Not a case of just being women. Suddenly everyone in Canada forgets how parties work and is recoiling that politics is not pure.

Scheer and his people have some precious outrage as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If the US Presidential election were held today and all candidates currently in the running were on the ballot, Howard Schultz gets my vote. Here s why:  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/howard-schultz-federal-debt-is-out-of-control-but-no-one-is-doing-anything-about-it

Of course he's not entirely correct. I'm doing something about it. I'm building an investment portfolio based largely on assets not tied to the value of any one currency. Bitcoin, arable real estate, commodities such as gold and silver and other assets that have value beyond their trading price. I'm also preparing a home that can produce food and electricity and other consumables. And of course stockpiling ammunition. Because zombies might take advantage of a severe economic down turn... or something. Yeah... zombies that's it 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

People defending a Nazi piece of crapo. Not surprising.

You are using the term "Nazi" the wrong way. Like... always. Is this supposed to be an universal thought terminating cliché or do you just have no idea what being a Nazi actually means and entails?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ah, I see you've met Volourn.

You are using the term "Nazi" the wrong way. Like... always. Is this supposed to be an universal thought terminating cliché or do you just have no idea what being a Nazi actually means and entails?

:biggrin: TN speaks the truth, its Volo. Never get upset by his incorrect usage of words. Its not personal 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Top Marine General Let Emails Leak Amid Border Funding Fight so Service Families Would Not Be Forgotten: Sources

"When asked why Neller would allow internal memorandums to leak to press outlets, one Defense Department source expressed bluntly, “Because he didn’t want the Marines and families at Camp Lejeune [in North Carolina] to get f***ed.”"

so, does this story deserve a "qq" or a "squee"?  am honest not certain how such stuff works.  no doubt the candy arse marines just need to _ut up, yes?  marine general wants the border crisis to continue?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I've always said even before Trump got into power that it would be entertaining if he was President and he hasn't disappointed. I couldn't believe the meme that Trump tweeted out. I did a double take. 

I thought this was absolutely hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nbwQ0BOvAI&t=0s

On a serious note about Biden. I have to wonder why he hasn't been arrested. I didn't know this video had been out for two years and only watched it last week. I've only watched it once and it made me sick. I stopped it halfway through and felt physically ill. I did manage to watch it to the end but seriously, why didn't the police get involved and investigate this when this was put on youtube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO4Q

I did Nazi that coming.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A Georgia Republican (you know the guys who "say" they oppose heavy handed regulation) has introduced a law to "regulate" the media after a fashion. He is proposing a government selected ethics board to come up with a set of standards for media to abide by. Sounds innocuous right? Well, the devil is in the details when it comes to enforcement. Additionally the bill opens media outlets to civil penalties for not allowing access on demand to their work product. That is problematic for a number of reasons with 1st Amendment just being one.

So, Democrats want to regulate the internet news content, Fox News, and talk radio, Republicans want to regulate everything else. Someone explain to me again why either of these is worthy of my support or my vote? 

BTW this bill is going nowhere. It will never pass the legislature and even if it did would never survive a court challenge. Why does this matter then? It's a look into the mindset of the people who tell us THEY should be running things. Just like HR 1. 

https://www.cbs46.com/georgia-lawmaker-pushes-to-create-state-journalism-ethics-board/article_6207a42c-55b7-11e9-9ea0-0b90784fe4aa.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Forgot to comment on this the other day: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-high-capacity-ammo-ban-20190329-story.html

State: 0

Citizens: 1

Thomas Sowell

A Georgia Republican

'nuff said.

Seriously, they've been a clown show this year. Then again since the state elected a guy who campaigned that he was going to take a shotgun and his pickup truck to round up 'illegals' as Governor, it's not that surprising what the party as a whole has tried to pass...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tucker Carlson is speculating Trump does not want to be re-elected and is seeking to sabotage his own chances.https://theweek.com/speedreads/833479/fox-news-tucker-carlson-wonders-aloud-whether-trump-actually-wants-lose-2020

I wouldn't dismiss the idea. I think he was stunned he actually won. Had he not been running against a reptile he might not have. But if you want out just announce you're not running. All the pressure is off. Imagine the chaos of an open office in 2020. Once you realized we're all utterly f----d no matter who wins it becomes much more entertaining. 

There is also this little nugget: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-white-house-the-president-is-already-plotting-his-post-presidential-tell-all-memoir

Presidential memoirs are usual dull and self serving. This one might even be interesting.  

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Tucker Carlson is speculating Trump does not want to be re-elected and is seeking to sabotage his own chances.https://theweek.com/speedreads/833479/fox-news-tucker-carlson-wonders-aloud-whether-trump-actually-wants-lose-2020

I wouldn't dismiss the idea. I think he was stunned he actually won. Had he not been running against a reptile he might not have. But if you want out just announce you're not running. All the pressure is off. Imagine the chaos of an open office in 2020. Once you realized we're all utterly f----d no matter who wins it becomes much more entertaining. 

There is also this little nugget: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-white-house-the-president-is-already-plotting-his-post-presidential-tell-all-memoir

Presidential memoirs are usual dull and self serving. This one might even be interesting.  

trump can't drop out, 'cause that would make him a quitter and a loser.  the president's world view couldn't handle such a fundamental shift.

worse for republicans, even if trump did announce he weren't seeking reelection, 1/3rd o' republicans would still vote for him as a write-in candidate.  it don't matter what trump says.  president may opine how the sound from windmills causes cancer and his peeps either claim he is joking or they embrace the idiocy with full force. when he first started claiming windmills were evil, he said they decreased property values by 50% (no study backed anywhere near such numbers)... then 65%... and is now 75%.  wait six months and trump will get windmill property value drops up to 110%, and folks will still believe him and/or refuse to contradict. 

trump announces he isn't running?  many o' his supporters would insist he were joking, or that he meant something complete different from what he said.  

Cases of mass hysteria throughout history

add trump following to the list.  beyond baffling how it don't matter what trump says or even does.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On a serious note about Biden. I have to wonder why he hasn't been arrested. I didn't know this video had been out for two years and only watched it last week. I've only watched it once and it made me sick. I stopped it halfway through and felt physically ill. I did manage to watch it to the end but seriously, why didn't the police get involved and investigate this when this was put on youtube.

Hold up. So the same jackasses that rail against feminism in general declaring that it's become a witch hunt and to be mindful of due process and so on, have no problem using the exact same tactics they denounce, to smear political opponents when it's convenient?

I suppose a case could be made that this is in fact a sort of twisted, slippery slope-type parable that's meant to teach the perils of such tactics, but I firmly believe that such subtleties are well beyond what your average "youtuber" can accomplish, and it would be wasted on their audience anyway -- as your post evidences.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

trump can't drop out, 'cause that would make him a quitter and a loser.  the president's world view couldn't handle such a fundamental shift.

worse for republicans, even if trump did announce he weren't seeking reelection, 1/3rd o' republicans would still vote for him as a write-in candidate.  it don't matter what trump says.  president may opine how the sound from windmills causes cancer and his peeps either claim he is joking or they embrace the idiocy with full force. when he first started claiming windmills were evil, he said they decreased property values by 50% (no study backed anywhere near such numbers)... then 65%... and is now 75%.  wait six months and trump will get windmill property value drops up to 110%, and folks will still believe him and/or refuse to contradict. 

trump announces he isn't running?  many o' his supporters would insist he were joking, or that he meant something complete different from what he said.  

Cases of mass hysteria throughout history

add trump following to the list.  beyond baffling how it don't matter what trump says or even does.

HA! Good Fun!

He's already invested way too much to just randomly quit running now. Though he could very well sabotage himself via various ways without actually planning to. Tucker Carlson is probably observing the 'Trump isn't actually playing 10 dimensional hyperchess' effect.

Hold up. So the same jackasses that rail against feminism in general declaring that it's become a witch hunt and to be mindful of due process and so on, have no problem using the exact same tactics they denounce about, to smear political opponents when it's convenient?

I suppose a case could be made that this is in fact a sort of twisted, slippery slope-type parable that's meant to teach the risks of such tactics, but I firmly believe that such subtleties are well beyond what your average "youtuber" can accomplish, and it would be wasted on their audience anyway -- as your post evidences.

@protagonist: Uh, because he didn't actually commit a crime?

Pointing out others supposed hypocrisy is a belief system these days. Sort of like mocking people for believing in or having passion for anything.

hypocrisy has always been a thing, but the popularity and reliance on false moral equivalence is kinda newish... or renewish.  were a popular tactic o' the soviet when responding to criticisms to point out how the west also did bad stuff.  hundreds and possibly thousands who criticize soviet leadership get sham trials and are summarily executed every year.  soviet response: your evidence is circumstantial and blacks are still being lynched in the American south.  is no surprise putin has been a big fan o' the tactic.  whenever you listen to russia defenders, always look for the obvious whataboutism and the predictable deflection.  is comic how predictable is putin and his defenders when responding to criticism. 

what is shocking is how such a transparent tactic has become de rigueur beyond russian borders.  

HA! Good Fun!

"the country is full"

newest trumpism aside, am guessing we could squeeze a few more people into alaska, montana and the dakotas. 

is also worth noting how iron eyes cody were himself the son o' italian immigrants.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir