Political Point and Counterpoint

Amentep

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/03/the-eu-votes-on-a-confusing-new-copyright-law-tuesday/

Vote on Articles 11 and 13 passed. 

Both provisions are maddeningly vague—laying out broad goals without providing much detail about how those goals can be achieved.

This just goes to show that no matter what country you're in, you can always find a politician confidently voting on something they don't understand.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Some people are going nuts over this but I'm just here like:

earth-shaped-fire-pit-0.jpg

So are you ready to go full accelerationist and vote Bernie/Tulsi in '20 yet?

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community"

L0L

"The statement is consistent with what our sources said about Jussie only getting community service if he'd been convicted."

Oh, come on. 

Now, if he is innocent and he's telling the truth who are the perpetrators and why did the two brothers lie and accuse him of setting it up? I've noticed that he has never once claimed that they were his attackers.

The logic makes no sense yet now all his supporters are gonna claim victory.

But, who committed the crime?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:lol:  I might be willing to watch the world burn but I'm not going to help strike the match!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would say the Smollet case had reached the proper conclusion. Why waste money on prosecution and potential jail time? He ends up paying some money and is publicly shamed and written off his show. Seems like a pretty fitting resolution. Sure, some people are going to trump this as him being vindicated, but those people never would have believed he was guilty to begin with.

• Like 1

Written off his show? He's gonna be welcomed back now that he is proven to be the victim of a smear campaign.

At the very least, the two brothers should be charged since they  clearly lied one way or the other.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dunno about that. He deliberately tried ti inflame racial, political, and social tensions for selfish reasons. Plus he cost the city a lot more than $10k as the mayor just pointed out. I don't think he deserved to go to jail but I certainly don't think getting off scot free was appropriate.

Actually IDGAF either way. but I've already come to the conclusion that is you want justice or for people to get what they deserve you were born on the wrong planet to the wrong species.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would say the Smollet case had reached the proper conclusion. Why waste money on prosecution and potential jail time? He ends up paying some money and is publicly shamed and written off his show. Seems like a pretty fitting resolution. Sure, some people are going to trump this as him being vindicated, but those people never would have believed he was guilty to begin with.

not guilty or failure to press charges is much different than innocent.  sure, the law gotta presume innocent, but such isn't the case for employers or public.  failure to press charges is a whole different resolution than is exoneration.  particular here in the US where near any mistake by police or prosecutor will result in dropped charges, assuming failure to prosecute, and even a not guilty verdict, hardly equates with a meaningful public determination o' innocence. obvious guilty persons in the US may elude forfeiture o' liberty for no other reason than a misused conjunction on a warrant application. 

am not certain if correct conclusion were reached, but resolution does little to erase the stain left on smollet's character record. good.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

All charges against Jusse Smolett have been dropped and the case has been sealed: https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/jussie-smollettt-plea-bargain-charges-dropped-dismissed/

Some people are going nuts over this but I'm just here like:

earth-shaped-fire-pit-0.jpg

Is that actually wood or ceramic? Also, South America is strangely misshapen, but I can't tell if it's because geography fail or because it's getting burned off faster for whatever reason.

Anyways, I don't really get the reasons for dropping charges, something about not prosecuting via court of public opinion? edit: Looking at the article, it sounds like a buttload of conflicts of interest?

Edited by smjjames

Dunno about that. He deliberately tried ti inflame racial, political, and social tensions for selfish reasons. 

So your saying he deserves his own talk radio show?

hmm.  perhaps you aim too low.  an exec at fox news or msnbc?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^^Its made of steel. And its friggin expensive!

How even does one get North America down almost perfect without going into the details of the coastline while giving South America a misshappen, well, shape.

by taking a 2d picture o' a 3d object.  is why flat maps has a hard time representing accurate how stuff looks on a globe. change angle and distance from which photo is taken and am suspecting north america would appear equal odd.

HA! Good Fun!

Funny enough. The records in the Smollett case is sealed. Why? L0L

is expunged, yes?  call sealed is kinda a misunderstanding. if is expunged, there is nothing to seal as all record is, by necessity, wiped clean.  we didn't bother to look for details, but our understanding is the record were expunged.

given how livid is cops and mayor, am thinking is obvious who got the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

HA! Good Fun!

Chicago Police set him up, it'll be revealed in 10 years and the movie will be released 5 years after that.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

is expunged, yes?  call sealed is kinda a misunderstanding. if is expunged, there is nothing to seal as all record is, by necessity, wiped clean.  we didn't bother to look for details, but our understanding is the record were expunged.

given how livid is cops and mayor, am thinking is obvious who got the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

HA! Good Fun!

I've seen more than one news report claim Smollet's attorney's were saying "sealed" not "expunged".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man