Political Point and Counterpoint

Amentep

now i am really have to laught. Check both videos to get reference. In this order :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

How exactly would a fence through the middle of a nation... surrounded by WATER..... help immigration....? :facepalm: Seems like something to trip up those who have absolutely no clue about geography or Australia.

Edited by smjjames

Also, this all came about because Trump fired Comey, so, it's all on him for getting the ball rolling on what you say was a waste of money.

It would be difficult to blame Trump if firing Comey was found to be perfectly legal and not obstruction of justice. Can't really blame an accused for a failed accusation, even if the accused is as intrinsically suspicious as Trump.

Fundamentally, even an expensive investigation that resulted in complete exoneration could be value for money. That isn't able to be determined from a short executive summary though.

Who'd want to immigrate to Australia? Those spiders are huge.

An immigrant moving to Australia raises the average IQ of both Australia and the source country -- Piggy Muldoon, slightly paraphrased. Awful PM, but good with the zingers.

Edited by Zoraptor

Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion scheme against Nike, embezzling client's money, defrauding bank: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/michael-avenatti-to-be-charged-with-wire-and-bank-fraud.html

Y'all remember when this piece of work was considering running for president?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Who the heck names their kid 'Piggy'? Unless you typo'd and meant Peggy. edit: Oh, nickname of Robert Muldoon apparently.

Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion scheme against Nike, embezzling client's money, defrauding bank: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/michael-avenatti-to-be-charged-with-wire-and-bank-fraud.html

Y'all remember when this piece of work was considering running for president?

Lawyer turns out to be a sleazy lawyer? Who knew! /s

I don't think people really took him seriously, though he was included in speculative lists sometimes.

Edited by smjjames

Knickname of Robert Muldoon, New Zealand politician and Prime Minister.

Thought the raptor killed him

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/25/weld-april-trump-primary-challenge-1235859 Weld somehow thinks he's going to be competitive in the New England area and possibly gain traction in California. Also, didn't John Huntsman Jr. try the NH focus strategy and totally bomb out of the primaries?

As for California and other places where it's possible to vote cross-party, it's certainly possible that some will vote strategically to undermine Trump (and I'm thinking of doing so, should the opportunity arise), but it'd probably be more effective during the general than the primaries.

He's barely going to be more than a non-biting gnat, though if he manages to get under Trumps skin, kudos to him.

If Weld somehow manages a good showing in NH and looks like he can make a run of it I'll re-register as a Republican just to vote for him in the Primary.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ummm.... yeah, anyway back on topic...

Tulsi Gabbard seems to think a Trump indictment would have led to Civil War. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/435780-tulsi-gabbard-trump-indictment-might-have-led-to-civil-war

There is no doubt there are americans who are ready, willing, and able to start a new civil war over heavy handed government oppression. But one group of pols taking out another one every bit as dirty as they all are isn't that. It's just more noise from the two screaming poop throwing monkey tribes. Of couse since she is seeking the leadership of one of those tribes it's understandable she would over estimate their importance. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wonder how that would play out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not well

Thomas Sowell

Not well

Comments on Hill are disappointing, seem to assume the Trump folk would win handily cause they have the guns.   I guess people forget terrorism is a thing

Also have to consider external sources of terrorism which would just love that moment to strike.

There is no doubt there are americans who are ready, willing, and able to start a new civil war over heavy handed government oppression.

If that were the case we'd have seen it decades ago. More likely we'll see a few isolated attacks and a lot of grumbling by folks who swear they're gonna get their guys elected or a slightly higher percentage of the vote come next election.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A new "civil war" would not play out anything like the last one. There won't be any major battles or fighting over territory. What there would be is pockets of resistance where police and military can expect to be shot at, authority defied, etc. Anyone who tries to meet the US military in a real battle is just stupid. The insurrection wins by demoralizing the rest of the country into not fighting. Make it to worth the trouble. 

Of course that all really depends on what the casus beli is. You have to realize about 40% of Americans do not love their government. They don't outright hate it either. They tolerate it and it's BS. But it can easily cross a line  to make people fight. I always point to gun confiscation as the most likely cause. Because if t ever comes to that then there is no more Constitutional protection of anything. There is no law and what follows will be something I would not want to live through anyway. So for that I'd fight. 

Thomas Sowell

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/03/the-eu-votes-on-a-confusing-new-copyright-law-tuesday/

Vote on Articles 11 and 13 passed.

Both provisions are maddeningly vague—laying out broad goals without providing much detail about how those goals can be achieved.

A new "civil war" would not play out anything like the last one. There won't be any major battles or fighting over territory. What there would be is pockets of resistance where police and military can expect to be shot at, authority defied, etc. Anyone who tries to meet the US military in a real battle is just stupid. The insurrection wins by demoralizing the rest of the country into not fighting. Make it to worth the trouble.

Of course that all really depends on what the casus beli is. You have to realize about 40% of Americans do not love their government. They don't outright hate it either. They tolerate it and it's BS. But it can easily cross a line  to make people fight. I always point to gun confiscation as the most likely cause. Because if t ever comes to that then there is no more Constitutional protection of anything. There is no law and what follows will be something I would not want to live through anyway. So for that I'd fight.

I don't see anyone besides overly invested larpers claiming a civil war would be neatly split territory and conventional warfare. A closer model to what it would look like is the Syrian Civil War, where most major cities end up looking like the mysterious Aleppo.

Logistics of insurrection aside, my point is that the US government has been engaging in heavy handed government oppression for at least a century now and that if there were a group willing and able to revolt over this we would have seen it happen a long time ago. If gun confiscation actually happens, and not just to the bad people like antifa and muslims, I'm willing to bet you see a few attacks from scattered patriots and more effort on electing politicans who promise to give the guns back (to the right people) from these supposed rebels.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

All charges against Jusse Smolett have been dropped and the case has been sealed: https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/jussie-smollettt-plea-bargain-charges-dropped-dismissed/

Some people are going nuts over this but I'm just here like:

earth-shaped-fire-pit-0.jpg

Thomas Sowell