Hi. I have a quick question about quest progression and maybe someone here could help me.

If I kill some slavers in Crookspur's dungeons just to get The Willbreaker, before taking any of the quests related to Crookspur, will I break these later quests? I'm thinking specifically about Fruitful Alliance or Shrewd Proposition (which obviously I'm planning to do on Aeldys' side).

Edited by peolone

Hm... If iirc it doesn't if you keep to the dungeon. But you will know if you try it and the game tell you that a quest failed.

With Dazzling Lights/Sparkcrakers, decent stealth and Bounding Boots I think you can get the Willbreaker without a fight I think. 

Usually I get it asap and also pick the quest after - but since I usually opt to kill all slavers anyway I'm no too sure what happens if you kill around in the dungeon and then want to work with the slavers.

By the way: Saru Sichr (Arkemy's Basement) is better than you might think and a good replacement until you get Willbreaker. Lately I even use both on different chars. THat is because the Poinon-Dipped + upgrades applies every time you hit and all the DoTs stack in parallel - meaning the chance to trigger e.g. Death Sentence with every tick gets a lot higher as gets the damage per tick.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks! I tried to sneak in, but the northern room, where The Willbreaker is, is full of slavers. Do I have to use the boots two times? One to reach the weapon rack and one to escape? If you have suggestions on how to steal it, I'll gladly take them.

Edited by peolone

The boots have 2 charges per rest. :)

You can lure the slavers out a bit with Sparkcrackers so you can jump in, steal and jump back while they are investigating. But it's very tricky...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way: Saru Sichr (Arkemy's Basement) is better than you might think and a good replacement until you get Willbreaker. Lately I even use both on different chars. THat is because the Poinon-Dipped + upgrades applies every time you hit and all the DoTs stack in parallel - meaning the chance to trigger e.g. Death Sentence with every tick gets a lot higher as gets the damage per tick.

I'm already using it, it works great, but I wanted an upgrade...

You can lure the slavers out a bit with Sparkcrackers so you can jump in, steal and jump back while they are investigating. But it's very tricky...

I'll try. It looks tricky indeed...

Edit:I did it! Took a few tries and it's quite inevitable to aggro the ogre standing on the corner, but if you run to the cages in the south west corner of the map he doesn't follow you. Doing so let the slavers on the ground floor stay neutral. Thanks again for the tip!

Edited by peolone
  • Like 1

BTW, somewhat off-topic: what are the best upgrades for The Willbreaker ? I'm playing a Devoted-Skald focused on Fortitude debuffing and crits. Do I go for the +25% miss-to-hit ratio and +10% hit-to-crit or down on the Resolve afflictions route? The first option looks more solid, but I have never extensively used The Willbreaker, so...

I'll try. It looks tricky indeed...

Edit:I did it! Took a few tries and it's quite inevitable to aggro the ogre standing on the corner, but if you run to the cages in the south west corner of the map he doesn't follow you. Doing so let the slavers on the ground floor stay neutral. Thanks again for the tip!

I managed to still Willbreaker without the boots with only sparckcrakers (6-7) and 8 in furtivity without aggroing anyone. Close, but doable.

If you can cause Resolve afflictions in the party or by yourself reliably I would take those enchantments like The Mind makes Real etc.

I took "Ben Fidel's Neck Was Exposed" and I have also a Trickster/Beguiler in the party, so I'd say yes. Thanks again!

You can get Willbreaker with a few points in stealth, boots with leap (will need two leaps) and two sparkcrackers, no aggro.

Leave the party near the stairs from the cave.

Sneak to the NW room, park yourself in the SW corner of the room. Move a meter or two to the right and throw a sparkcrackers in NE direction. While the big dolts have a look-see, throw another one further to the east. You can chain sparkcrackers like this and move the bad guys anywhere you like. In this case you just need them all to move east a bit.

With them over there, you can leap to the weapon rack or chest (can't remember), grab your big smashy implement, and then as they return to their post you can leap back to the corner of the room. May need to time your leap so that you leap over them.

You'll have to play with the timing for getting back out BC the scary monsters are patrolling.