As title suggests, i'm looking for input on what you guys perceive as the top builds (and build combos) as i'm about to start a TC (full upscale + Woedica/Galawain/Ondra) run and didn't have time to test too many in the only playthrough i've done of Deadfire so far. I plan on swapping a lot of toons throughout, ensuring i have ideal compositions for each super difficult encounter in the game.

Based on my (somewhat limited) experience, i had extremely good feedback from the following:

Monk (Helwalker). Can either use fists or Serafen's guns, credit to Boeroer for showing this, it absolutely melts the entire battlefield. Also, able to solo Doru, Hauani and just an all around bad boy. I'm probably gonna make him my main and upgrade both Hand Mortars to Mythical.

Herald. Everyone knows it's power and tankiness, not gonna expand further on it.

Invoker, same as above.

I also find a Priest/Ascendant duo exceptional. The combo of Ancestor's Memory and Salvation of Time ensures you can keep all your buffs up (including Ascended status) indefinitely, provided you micro well enough.

What else have i missed?

Anything blood mage, really. So much better than just a normal wizard (who is already good). Multiclass with wael, lifegiver, or paladin for some self-sustain. (Also makes it a safer class on triple crown)

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Anything blood mage, really. So much better than just a normal wizard (who is already good). Multiclass with wael, lifegiver, or paladin for some self-sustain. (Also makes it a safer class on triple crown)

Hmm so maybe Nerd Commando's Arcane Magnate gimmicky build, where you multi Bloodmage/Pally and just Slicken all day, could be very nice since i need an offtank as well to go with my Herald. And i'd have access to Pull of Eora in order to increase Monk Hand Mortar potential. 

Does Aefyllath Ues Myth Fyr chant apply to fists as well?

I think i will run a companion party for the critical path, since it's not hard enough to warrant min-maxing and i also wanna roleplay a bit. Consisting of Pallegina Herald, Eder Swashbuckler (also extra pet and Hearth Defender's Scale), Xoti Priest and Tekehu i'm unsure yet. I played him as a Theurge and was very pleased with his output, but maybe pure Druid is even better? Especially since i have another multi chanter. Edit: Tekehu is especially good for Expert Mode, with his party friendly aoe damage spells.

Edited by AlexDeLarge