Slippers of the Assassin - Bugged

The Slippers of the Assassin from the Deck of Many things are supposed to trigger a temporary invisibility the first time per encounter the equipped character kills an enemy, but it doesn't seem to be working.

After getting a kill, the item shows 0/1 on the charge, indicating it has been used, and I see a puff of smoke, but my character doesn't get a buff and enemies immediately move towards and target him anyway.

I'm not sure if this is caused by TBM or not.

My character has +65% int bonus, so I should get 1 round from the buff.

Edit: Just after posting this, I got the buff on a kill, so it's not perfectly consistent.

Yeah, I can't reproduce this anymore. The item "flipped on", and now it triggers properly. Even on barrels it grants the buff.

I went ahead and submitted a save file experiencing the bug to support@obsidian.net.

Edited by error3
  • Like 1

Hello Error,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue and how often you have had it occur.  I'll be taking the information and save file you provided and send it off to the QA and Systems Design teams for an investigation to see what might be causing this issue.  If you happen to discover more about this issue, please continue to post or edit this thread as I will be linking it to the bug report to be used as a reference for the team during their investigation.

Thanks again and sorry for any inconvenience this item may have caused.