A Distant Light (spoiler)

According to Gamepedia, when the main character gets part of their soul back after completing A Distant Light, there is a permanent bonus based on what happened in POE 1. Does this still apply to new characters who selected a POE 1 path or only to imported characters? I'm playing the former and didn't seem to receive a permanent bonus. Thanks.

Bonusses are applied based on your descisions either from imported character or the story creation in PoE2. It makes no difference. For instance if you choose to absorb the souls in Undying Heritage in PoE then you will gain your +1 Might and +5% HP after the quest A Distant Light. I only imported a character once and now only play with a setup chosen in PoE2. Bonusses are applied just fine.

Mind you though that PoE2 doesn't apply all bonusses you have gained through your PoE playthrough. Talents such as Song of the Heavens and Blooded Hunter do not carry over. Also some talents from PoE are changed (nerfed) a bit.

• Like 1

Most assuredly Benevolent Soul will not get any bonuses. There are only two you can get, one from absorbing souls for power and another from sacrificing a companion for power. Or perhaps for malice, revenge or a drunken wager, but you got power out if it anyway :p

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Based on my pre-generated history, benevolent soul, is it possible that my character did nothing in the prior game to receive a permanent bonus from A Distant Light? Is there a way to know what decisions were made for each pre-generated history? Thanks.

Unfortunately you can't see what a history has in terms of choices. For instance if Devil of Caroc spared Harmke then you will be able to obtain the DoC breastplate which is extremely strong. If the choicse was to kill Harmke then you will not be able to get the breastplate.

For me I always create my own history and not put in some pointers in the name of the history. 

I put in a request to see or even alter the choices of a history after it was created, but alas. No deal.