[4.1.2] Shadowing Beyond + Backstab bug

theBalthazar

Question

Hello,

When I use Shadowing beyond + backstab + Flame of Devotion FoD (edit), there is no +100 % in the list of effects.

Not the case for smoke veil for the information.

"invisible" allow clearly this bonus if you are under 2 meters. (Target : ogre pirate = clearly under 2 meters)

Like you see : I have the bonus of assassinate but not the backstab bonus (and it is clearly the same trigger = stealth or invisible)

So, I think it is a bug.

Shadowing-beyond.png

Edited by theBalthazar

11 answers to this question

I created again a Bleak walker + Assassin in a different game. Same result.

No trace of backstab.

Save for tests :

https://ufile.io/cldq9

Protocol :

1) Shadowing beyond.

2) Use FoD on the ogre pirate.

Normally no +100 % damage of the backstab.

I have tried with other abilities than FoD, the bonus is HERE and WORKS ... So my conclusion :

I think there is a problem with Flame of Devotion + Shadowing beyond + Backstab. I don't know why.

FoD + Natural Stealth = BACKSTAB

FoD + Smoke Veil = BACKSTAB

FoD + Shadowing beyond = NOTHING

Confounding Blind + Natural Stealth = BACKSTAB

Confounding Blind + Smoke Veil = BACKSTAB

Confounding Blind + Shadowing beyond = BACKSTAB

Edited by theBalthazar

it's extremely weird that assassinate applies but not backstab. invisibility is weird and can reveal internal implementation details based on how an ability is structured (my go-to example is pillar of faith where initial hit gets assassinate but the follow-up prone does not), but i would expect assassinate to apply if and only if a backstab applies.

the one thing i can think of is that assassinate applies to everything whereas backstab only applies to martial hits. Maybe FoD (or shared flames specifically) isn't classified as a martial weapon attack?

either way, good find for an odd bug.

Hey Balthazar!

Thank you for the detailed explanation of this issue with Backstab.  I put all this information into a report and sent it to the Systems Design team.  If you discover this occurring in other circumstances, please continue to post about it as I have linked this thread to the report to be used as a reference for the team during their investigation.

Thanks gain for the help!

I encountered the same issue, and did some testing.

Shadowing Beyond and Enduring Shadows are bugged. You won't get Sneak Attack and Backstab bonuses when using Arquebus weapon type - the only ranged weapon i tested, so possibly others are affected as well. However, Great Swords work just fine with those abilities - i don't know about other melee weapons.

47 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Not fixed with 5.0?

Nope. I was forced to implement additional condition scripts to make it work stable in our CP.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 4