Druid Fury bugs

astrolulz

Question

While in Druid Fury spiritshift, Wildstrike Frenzy - Freeze/shock/corrode/burn (third wildstrike upgrade) doesn't add their effect. For example, burn does not add 6 burn damage per 1.0 sec for 4.0 sec, at all. The upgrade seems to do nothing. In addition to that, Scion of Flame penetration isn't added to the Fury attack, even though a fire lash is on the attack from Wildstrike burn.

When Fury is multiclassed with ranger, driving flight has no effect on the Fury auto attacks. There should be an extra bounce or 3 attacks hitting a solo enemy? Also while using wounding strike, only the primary target is affected by the bleed. However when multiclassed with a rogue, crippling strike, gouging strike, etc, will affect all targets hit by the Fury bounce attack. I'm not sure what is or isn't intended here, but Pathfinder bounce damage is far superior to Beastmaster. Haven't had time to try out other on hit effects with other classes, but ranger seems pretty broken.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

In addition to that, Scion of Flame penetration isn't added to the Fury attack, even though a fire lash is on the attack from Wildstrike burn.

Afaik, +1 Burn Penetration (from Scion of Flame) should not be applied to main damage (which is Shock).

But it should be added to lash PEN. Although - this is not displayed in the log. You just see the end result: X shock + Y burn.

As for Wildstrike Frenzy: if it's not working - it's a 100% bug.

When Fury is multiclassed with ranger, driving flight has no effect on the Fury auto attacks. There should be an extra bounce or 3 attacks hitting a solo enemy?

Driving Flight adds 1 bounce. I.e. when you hit a target, one enemy in a cone behind it, will also get hit (at -50% damage penalty).

Fury attacks also have 1 bounce (although I don't remember the damage penalty).

So Fury with Driving Flight attacks should hit main target, and bounce to two additional enemies behind it (or bounce twice to the same enemy behind the primary target).

But vs one solo enemy, it should be just 1 regular hit.

Also while using wounding strike, only the primary target is affected by the bleed. However when multiclassed with a rogue, crippling strike, gouging strike, etc, will affect all targets hit by the Fury bounce attack.

Do you mean Wounding Shot? If so - yes, those hit by the bounce attack should also get affected by that raw DoT, in order to be consistent with application of other on-bounce effects.

Edited by MaxQuest

Wildstrike Fury <whatever> does its damage in an AoE when you cast, it doesn't add further damage (compared to Wildstrike/Greater Wildstrike) to your melee attacks.

Driving Flight does indeed not work with the Fury's weapons. It will add no jump/bounce. I have no idea why. It never did.

Wounding Shot does not work with AoE weapons and not with jumps/bounces, also correct. Also no idea why.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Wildstrike Fury <whatever> does its damage in an AoE when you cast, it doesn't add further damage (compared to Wildstrike/Greater Wildstrike) to your melee attacks.

Ohh, its an AoE on cast location... Feel like that could have been described better on the ability. 

Driving Flight adds 1 bounce. I.e. when you hit a target, one enemy in a cone behind it, will also get hit (at -50% damage penalty).

Fury attacks also have 1 bounce (although I don't remember the damage penalty).

So Fury with Driving Flight attacks should hit main target, and bounce to two additional enemies behind it (or bounce twice to the same enemy behind the primary target).

But vs one solo enemy, it should be just 1 regular hit. 

There definitely isn't an extra bounce/jump like Boeroer said. I would have thought that it would have 2 bounces, or if a single target hit 3 times. Since with Fury the extra bounce is just added onto a solo target. I'm not too sure on the specifics of driving flight though, I didn't know it was based off of a cone. I thought it would just chain your shot to whoever was nearby. 

Driving flight and wounding shot not applying correctly seems like a bug. If it isn't for whatever reason, it needs to be described better on the ability.

Wounding Shot is intended afaik. It was too string in beta and on release and got nerfed so that it does lower raw dmg and also only gets applied to the initial target.

However the raw dmg calculation seems to be bugged a bit.

I guess Driving Flight not working with Fury is not intended. The Fury jump is something different than all other jump effects: it hits the initial target if there's no secondary one. Maybe this messes up Driving Flight somehow. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods