[4.1.2] white wurms invocation sometimes does nothing

thelee

Question

Starting a new game, and noticed that several times I try to use White Wurms (the corpse-exploding invocation) on my bellower, and nothing happens.

post-58316-0-43321200-1551068118_thumb.jpg

The character makes the casting animation, but when they finish, there's no explosion, no sound, no indication in the combat log that anything happens. As seen in the screenshot, I get an entry for the cast, my bellower stops chanting, and then a brief while later starts chanting again. But nothing actually happened! The invocation just used up all my phrases and nothing else. It does work on occasion, so I can't quite tell what's going on.

Dropbox link to save before this screenshot as well as output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qvlu4s7g32hrs42/AACKZyfaCdBl6RZJiuNYoEQda?dl=0

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I remember encountering same problem in august (it was v2.1 I think).

Forgot to report it though... Sometimes it didn't work, sometimes it did... but not for all corpses. Had no time to investigate, and just stopped using this invocation altogether.

And yes, I had gibs disabled in the settings menu.

The new "Deadfire" White Worms doesn't explode all corpses per cast but only the one you target. Maybe it has something to do with that? Maybe the targeting is messed up somehow and the game "loses" the corpse?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The new "Deadfire" White Worms doesn't explode all corpses per cast but only the one you target. Maybe it has something to do with that? Maybe the targeting is messed up somehow and the game "loses" the corpse?

Ah, yes! Now I've remembered... When I noticed that it behaves unreliably, I've read the description, got surprised a bit, and... tbh haven't used it since. Edited by MaxQuest

I confirm the bug. I wasn't sure because it wasn't all the time and that's why I haven't created a topic, but we are two now : p

I remember encountering same problem in august (it was v2.1 I think).

Forgot to report it though... Sometimes it didn't work, sometimes it did... but not for all corpses. Had no time to investigate, and just stopped using this invocation altogether.

And yes, I had gibs disabled in the settings menu.

I definitely saw this bug in earlier versions, and I mentioned it in passing in another white wurms-related bug, but what finally kicked my rear into gear into actually documenting/reporting is the sheer frequency of failure this time around. Could just be bad luck of running into this bug repeatedly, or perhaps it has actually gotten worse in recent versions.

Hey everyone,

It looks like the Systems Design team has fixed this one up and have the fix awaiting a patch to be released.  Keep an eye on the patch notes for this to be implemented.  If you notice this still occurring after it is released, please let us know so we can look into it further.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the trouble this ability is causing.

• Like 1